Santos Futebol Clube, Parte V, Era Pós Neymar [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Emperor Adriano, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You are right but I'm seeing people starting to get on dorivals ass when they never questioned a thing the whole time in terms of how he approached the lg games. I think he did what the constituency wanted , they wanted a trophy. Sure, I did too but the past 3or 4 years in lg play have been embarrassing , I'm sure you can relate because flamengo has had similar campaigns. I would have felt more gratified with a g-4 finish and I'm not just saying it because the copa brasil was lost. My main priority was a fun to watch brasileirao and I got it for the most part but somehow I can't even hang my hat on a g-4 place. As for Brazilian football I think we all lose with Sao paolo and Palmeiras going to the libertadores. Idk about you but I'm fine with Brazilian teams getting knocked out and not always winning but last libertadores got embarrassing.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think it's a big mistake letting werley go, sure he is pretty oaverage and dealt with some injuries this year but I think Santos's best CB pairing is him with Braz, I'm still not sold on Gustavo Henrique. Plus a brasileirao team will pick werley up and he will start. I think he has potential

3. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I could see a push for Alex at Milan or someone like that to sign.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That would make sense but I doubt it. They never make splash cbs signings. I've wanted at least 1 for the last 3-4 years. Who knows what the money situation will be. Lima will leave so meia is still my first priority.

5. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've read of a lot of possibilities for that spot:
    Montillo, Diego, Regis, Ganso...

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dorival Jr trying to talk himself into/ hype up Ganso. If he gets Ganso he might as well kiss his job goodbye , I couldn't see him lasting through the whole paulista. Ganso will be a disaster if he comes back. Idk if he even likes playing football anymore.

8. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't accept Ganso back even if he was back to his best form. He made sure to burn all the bridges when he left.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dorival probably believes he can get him to playing near that level. Like lawson said, he may be leading himself into a trap.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So Lucas Lima has been hooking up with Neymar's sister....

11. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Legend.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Robinho's a trap. It automatically disqualifies Santos from Brasileirao contention as great a player he is. Club's probably trapped already because I assume Lima will leave mid year. I'll enjoy watching this years team regardless but a title is needed that's not named the paulistao.

13. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How would it affect our chances for the Brasileirao negatively if he's staying all year? I think we're all expecting Lima to leave now or the summer but we do have Paulinho among others.

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Robinho can't stay healthy through a whole Paulistao or a lax season in China, how is he going to be able to stay healthy with one of the most grueling schedules known to man? I'm the biggest Paulinho fan there is but it's being pretty optimistic to expect him to be a consistent contributor all season, something he was never capable of at Flamengo. Geovanio will most likely leave soon and when Lima does leave that leaves a glaring whole at meia. So, yea I don't see a title coming our way.

15. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Patito Rodriguez was back and he played well in a practice match against Red Bull.

16. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think that Robinho would be an automatic starter, which would help us relieve some of the attacking load off Gabigol and co.'s shoulders. Something I think we needed at the end of the season last year. I do think we need at least one more good centerback to be able to compete. Hope that Robinho isn't stopping us from doing that.

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Robinho would be an automatic starter and he dominates play for better or worse, that's my issue pretty much I don't think his style is compatible with winning a lg title in Brazil, i'd love to eat crow and be wrong. Def need another cb too. robinho's salary alone dictates he's a major factor in a team let alone the fan pressure/media pressure.

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On a positive note it's going to be great having Allison back, he will help our defense and be able to do the dirty work in midfield.

19. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn son...

Not a bad way to score your first goal as a professional (though it was a friendly) :eek:

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Carlos Alberto Inácio Filho
    "Com cinco zagueiros à disposição no elenco - David Braz, Gustavo Henrique, Luiz Felipe, Lucas Veríssimo e Paulo Ricardo -, além do argentino Fabián Noguera, ex-Banfield, que será apresentado mês que vem, o Alvinegro acredita que está bem servido na defesa"
    Lol

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was hoping he was sold to the middle eastern team to be honest. At least he's not as bad as cittadini

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm pretty much done with dorival after this 11. I was told he usually fades in the 2nd year but I didn't know he lacked resourcefulness to this extent. image.jpeg

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Horrible game and I agree, the lineup was bad. Elano and Cittadini shouldn't be starting under any circumstances.

25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil