sanneh: do you agree with his teammates?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by luvdagame, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Sanneh was always a big game player with DC United too. If you look at our biggest games, those are typically when Tony stepped it up.

I seem to recall a goal in one of the MLS Cups, and I think he scored down in Miami in the Interamerican Cup. When we needed a goal the most, he was often the guy that came through.

2. Sanneh is the leading scorer in the history of UW-Milwaukee. He and Manny and Gerard Lagos all played there together and scored a lot of goals. That was where I saw most of my soccer as a youngster, along with Wave games. From there he went to the Rampage and then to DC. He may also have played for the Minnesota Thunder too, but I might be thinking of Manny.

All this goes to show is that there are really a lot of good players in the US that could play abroad, especially given a few years there earlier on. If the US had won the World Cup, do you think that our players would be flooded with offers to go to Europe like Brazillians are? No way. There is definitely prejudice held worldwide towards American players, and there are a lot of them over here. A-leage teams are ALMOST on par with MLS teams, and there are a lot of A-League teams. We may never be respected, but we wil kick a lot more a$$ in the future.

3. Mississippi Flash

May 19, 2002
    Mississippi
    Agreed. Our big problem is our guys develop too late because of college soccer and limited opportunties early in their career. MLS has begun to address this problem, and we are already seeing a payoff (Donovan, Beasley, etc.)

4. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've are all definately Turkish lira billionaires:

Live mid-market rates as of 2002.08.14 17:00:28 GMT.

1,000,000,000.00 Turkey Liras = 613.58 US Dollars

1 TRL = 0.000000613581 USD 1 USD = 1,629,776.97 TRL