Sanderson worth it?

Discussion in 'Books' started by SoccerPrime, Jul 19, 2017.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been told that Brian Sanderson, who finished the Wheel of Time novels after Jordan died, has written several other novels. People at work have recommended him to me. Has anyone else read his stuff? What do you think?

2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought I had responded to this thread long ago, @SoccerPrime . Sorry for not.

The only Sanderson that I have read is the first three books of the Mistborn trilogy. These are quite good, and since I read the firs trilogy, he has written a second trilogy, called the Wax and Wayne trilogy, though the book titles all begin Mistborn:

There is apparently a third trilogy awaiting to complete the nine volume cycle.

I enjoyed Mistborn, but you know, I haven't had the urgency to go out and read the second three. The books are long and he has a lot of minor characters doing important things, so you do have to really pay attention to who is who. If I found a complete set of Wax and Wayne in a used book store, I'd surely pick it up. But I never go into the library thinking I want to read them.

So, can I possibly damn these books with any fainter praise?