Sand League 2019-20 Official Draft Banter and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Jul 31, 2019.

1. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Only a steal if he plays better than last year.

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Alli, a lot of injury effected play and missed pt last year, so I hope he is fully back, as i took him in 3rd, that is why Hal is guru, patience

3. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    With only Matt to pick before we wait for sonabert to wake up, kudos to everyone for getting past the halfway point in our draft.

Assuming sonabert doesn't post his picks until 8 AM his time, Tom will probably be in bed in the UK. Hopefully he shared some proxy picks with kopite so we can complete round 9 and part of 10 before the rest of us all hit the sack tonight.

How are you liking your teams so far? Don't get too attached to your players. Many years of experience has shown that most teams rarely finish the season with more than 5-6 of their original drafted players. Some will be gone before Gameweek (GW) 1 as we adjust our squads and swoop for the players missed by everyone and those added to the FPL Database since our Sand draft player list was frozen. So far I've seen 3 players added since we started.

For the newbies, when we enter the free for all Post Draft, Pre-Season squad adjustment period, even if you aren't tying to swoop for someone like a Pepe, those managers that do will have to drop a couple of players to make sure they have the cash. You might get a second chance to pick up a player who was drafted, and released.

BalanceUT repped this.
  4. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I'm sure Tom's sleeping. I haven't heard from kopite whether or not he has a proxy for Tom's 9th round pick.

We may or may not be done for the night, until Tom comes on about 3-4 AM EDT and makes his pick. If Mark has his Proxy and comes on and posts Tom's pick, we might get done with the rest of Round 9 and Round 10 back up to Tom's pick.

5. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Just heard from Mark, he'll be posting Tom's pick shortly so we are still a go for a few more picks.

6. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Asking for a friend.... Any idea starting CF for Chelsea?

7. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Looks like we are done for the night. Too bad we couldn't get the picks back to our CDT and PDT pickers at the bottom of the snake draft. It's still early for them.

We'll kick this off again in the morning when Norm gets up and then will have to wait for our CDT and PDT pickers to get up. I expect we'll really get going about 10 30 EDT which is the time that sonabert would like to have the draft back to him before he goes to bed. Hope everone makes quick picks to get it back to sonabert by 11 AM EDT or we might have to wait for another 8 hour window while he sleeps.

8. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Super happy to see y'all launched well with a full league. I hope to be back next year. My late summers are usually more open, but this year it wasn't working for me.

9. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    One area we might work on is posting our expected absences in this thread, especially in the evenings so everyone can plan their evenings and the number of picks that can be made.

10. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    My apologies, picked a locked player. All
    Good now.

blech repped this.
  11. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    It's almost midnight, sonabert's time, hope we can get his Round 10 and 11 pick before he's off to bed.

12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    So, best guess is that we are dark for 6-8 hours?

13. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I'm going back to bed. Was up most of the night. I will have my phone next to me so text me if it's my pick. My guess is that we'll get going about 7 PM tonight and we'll deal with trying to get in Tom's pick.

It would help if the bottom of the draft could hang around to make the turn quickly.

14. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    We are ready to roll once sonabert makes his picks. I have Matt's proxy and I'm ready with my pick and Mark has Tom's proxy. So we'll be ready for the lower half of the draft to zip down and back up.

Caution to everyone - watch your finances. The total cost of all 15 of your picks must fit within the 100 M salary cap. There is no going over and then fixing it during the Post-Draft Pre-Season squad adjustment period.

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Please don’t call me - a text is enough [emoji23]

16. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    OK, but then I don't get to hear your voice!

17. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    picks done .... Crashed early last night long n busy weekend .... Will create time to get a proxy list created.

18. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don’t ever pick up!! [emoji23]

19. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Tom is up next. Does he have proxy?

20. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  21. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Thanks. Is that the last one, or can you do another round if comes back?

22. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Loko on a tight rein now ..... 12.5 for 3 players , Needs the minimum from each remaining position ...Gk & Def at 4m and a Mid at 4.5

23. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    One more pick before sonabert can turn it around before he hits the sack.

24. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hope not it's nearly 11am here, my boss won't be to happy ... lol

25. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I texted and sent an email to Matt.

I still have one proxy pick not yet selected from his Round 12 proxy list, but I don't want to exercise it without his permission.

Sonabert repped this.