Sanchez is a Gunner: The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalMetro, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Welbeck got hurt in training today. Literally cannot be scripted. FFS lol.

2. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If he is "hurt" nhe wont be active for international at least

3. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    Welbeck is already hurt

4. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I can't imagine what is going on in managements eyes

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They say it's just a knock and might still feature tomorrow vs Norway. Hopefully Wenger has him withdrawn. Need him fresh for City.

6. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He is just trying to stay fit for Man City.

This internationals week really needs to come in the third week of August. It would be much better for clubs and players to get it behind them before finalizing transfers and having players join their new club sides immediately.

7. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Journos saying he rolled his ankle but docs immediately told Roy he's okay. Seems to me he's pulling himself out of the squad as well. Or Wenger. He'll definitely play vs City that's for sure.

8. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not sure what you're talking about. Even out on the wings he's steadily combining with other players and being productive. And very often his moved inside to the center channel.

9. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Yeah, I think the difference between teams that challenge for cups, etc. these days are those that have a decent defense and can score a ton of goals.

Welbeck ain't Pele, but he'll put a few in and we need every goal we can get.

10. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also: consider what they've had in midfield for years (aside from Juan Mata for 4 months).

I will say it will take some time for Danny to get used to having balls set on a platter for him to score goals. :D

11. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
  12. mwojt21

mwojt21 Member

May 22, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or not have it at all. Always found this first intl break 2-3 weeks in extremely pointless--especially when we literally just finished a World Cup.

13. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Shen-O repped this.
  14. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Nah I think it's more culturally insensitive, because he defends a black player by comparing another black player to a monkey. I think the dude's like South East Asian in those cultures rural areas and cities face the scourge of monkeys, kinda like how Aussies hate Kangaroos while we think they're cute here in the West lol

15. SkoalFyfan

SkoalFyfan Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Estonia
    It will not surprise me at all that if Welbeck remains healthy he'll be our starting CF when Giroud comes back and Giroud will be relegated to the role of Nicklas Bendtner.

16. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The biggest plus side to Welbeck is his home grown status, which is probably the main reason we signed him. Chelsea and Man City are going to be filling their home grown squad places with academy players they have no intention of playing. With Welbeck, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Gibbs, Ox and Ramsey we are pretty much set on the HG front for a long time. Balotelli may have a higher ceiling, but if we signed him, I don't think we would have room for another non-HG player without letting players go.

17. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wait... there are racist people on Twitter?

[​IMG]

ArsenalJake and daedalus repped this.
  18. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago

I wouldn't go that far just yet. Giroud is better than Welbeck at this point. Welbeck could take Giroud's role in a couple years, though.

19. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    I am not a Giroud fan so the sooner he's the hell up outta the lineup the better to me. Get someone faster, quicker and more athletic in there.

20. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ReusPogbaCarvalhoCavaniRemyBonyGinterBenderKhediraCerciFalcaoManolasVlaarBaNastasicBenzemaMorataGriezzemanMartinezAurierDraxler

SanchezWellbeckChambersDebuchyOspina

:/

21. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Culturally insensitive is an euphemism for racism, isn't it? :sneaky::sneaky:

22. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York

LOL nah I really mean that this dude has no clue about how black folks are always referred to as monkeys or some such thing

23. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Arsenal DNA.

daedalus and XaviandXabi repped this.
  24. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    [​IMG]

Dude looks great in the kit. He's built like a brick house.

ArsenalJake, XaviandXabi, aphex and 2 others repped this.
  25. Twiggy

Twiggy Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd say Welbeck has a higher ceiling than Balo, or at least is the far more likely of the two to reach that ceiling. He seems to have a way more positive attitude, better workrate, and there's always the added bonus of not being batshit ********ing crazy

His only downside seems to be his finishing, but that doesn't worry me too much. We haven't relied on a goalscoring CF these past few seasons; if he can bring Alexis and Walcott into play well enough and bag a few here and there, it's going to be a great bit of business.