Sam's Brigade: Supporters Group for College-aged Dynamo Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by el jefe2010, May 6, 2011.

1. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because every group has been here and paid our dues. We'll be damned before some jokers just up and decide they want the same benefits that we've worked to get since year one. We've been here, game in game out, leaving our voices and sweat in the stands. Where the hell were Sam's Brigade? You honestly have no clue why these cats are so upset? Then why even comment about something you obviously can't grasp?

2. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey man, everybody's gotta start somewhere. We're not putting our foot in the door and expecting to be treated like we've been here the whole time. We haven't. We're gonna pay our dues like just like any new group should and, in time, maybe we'll have a seat at the table. But for now, we're gonna do what we can.

and ******** Dallas...

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy shouldn't be paying for the f*** ups of some other dude at 2AM.

4. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    preach

5. TallyHo55

TallyHo55 New Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hey guys I'm Zach (the other co-founder of SB). Jeff and I didn't make this group to come in and take over what you guys do. TA EB BW and LB do a great job of supporting and are the main reason why Houston is one of the toughest places to play in the league. We made this group because we are soccer nuts and love the Dynamo and wanted to show our support in a different way by making our own SG. I was reading through these messages and I apologize if we made you guys get upset and angry that we were trying to change things. Our only intention is to root for Houston. I look forward to cheering with you guys out there in 2012! Go Dynamo!

6. Naranja Trooper

Nov 10, 2008

Xale' man just go to the NorthEnd on Saturday...nuff of the cute kumbaya chet...bring the biznazz with all the other SG's there. We got your point you wanna "cheer" bring your A game in the section...Jump, learn the songs, wave a flag, acta foo! Being in a SG is a Lifestyle and not a mickey mouse club. See ya there kidd...

- La Bateria

7. TallyHo55

TallyHo55 New Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  8. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Whoa whoa whoa...

We get on people who criticize the SGs w/o forming own groups, and now that some kids are making the effort to start their own venture, some are going ballistic on them coz they're new?

What?

I am part of one of those veteran SGs, and yes seniority should be a consideration etc. but in no way should any new Dynamo SG be disrespected, ridiculed, or dismissed until given a chance.

More SGs, more noise; and besides, in most world stadiums you have a main SG section and many more scattered SGs who add their own flavor.

If Fanaticos does not want to join the Supporters section, is in part because of some "I am more fan than you" attitudes. Attitudes like that will affect veteran SG enrollments, if it hasn't already.

So here is the thing for the noobs: Welcome. Do bring it though. Also, yes, go to the North End because the main groups have already begun to work together again. Naranja Trooper is a good person to meet. Meet other vets too to get an idea.

Try at least the N End. If you guys do not feel comfortable you can be somewhere else and do your thing. No one will stop you although you will lose on some benefits the older SGs have earned.

Another thing, which has worked for the older SGs: research coz on YouTube there are thousands of videos of tifos and SGs from around the World. Look at Argentina, England, Central America, Eastern Europe... and learn.

9. Gregory McSwiggins

Gregory McSwiggins New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I personally get on people for spewing their opinion without being a part of any of the existent groups...once again, why the hell would we need additional groups scattered that will create that uncoordinated, NOISE effect that we've busted our ass to get rid of? Unity, one single freaking sound is what we've all pushed for, now u come in here (seasoned veteran) and say it's ok to do otherwise? I would really like to meet you tomorrow. Perhaps we can discuss what the ultimate goal is as far as unification of all groups in case the group u belong to hasn't painted the big picture for you.

10. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this would have been a great time to say to yourself, "you know what? this is none of my business. I have an opinion on it, but I'm going to stay out of it."

"Represent."

11. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word of advice, don't just jump on a forum and tell folks "Hey, we're a new group. You don't know any of us because we haven't properly introduced ourselves to y'all personally. Don't worry though, we're welcoming ourselves and have taken the liberty to talk to management already...so we're official." All due respect to Harris and Canetti, but them giving a title doesn't make you an SG if you plan on standing with the rest of us. It's the approach taken that's rubbing folks the wrong way.

12. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that and, to be honest, this thread was more about seeing if anyone was interested and gathering a core group than announcing our existence. Hopefully i'll get to personally meet the members of the other groups in the near future and take the necessary steps to become official

13. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    old SG veteran? More like a I'm moving on up...Press Pass Chump to me, I'm always skeptical when it comes to SG members that used their SG to reach Press Status in the first place.

Where do you reside at now?
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1731546

14. hereje

hereje New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  15. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This can't be good for the sit down, each nachos, and complain about the noise unaffiliated supporters

16. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah i've got a feeling that this won't be the best section for those folks

17. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I said it in jest. All I'm saying is that it is more important than ever for the SG members to commit to season tickets. The FO is going to get their money one way or another. They don't understand the mentality of an SG member. You can't convert a normal fan to a supporter just by sitting in the section. Right now they are considered tourists. If people buy just for cheap tickets, they will cause animosity w/in the section if they don't buy in to the atmosphere

18. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree. A few of us put down deposits because we sat in the SG section a few times and we got converted. Just can't sit anywhere else at The Rob anymore.

19. CLakeCracker

CLakeCracker Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Downtown
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that people who buy here know what they are getting into. Word is they already had at least one ticket broker try to buy a block of these, but it got nipped in the bud pretty quick.