Sam's Brigade: Supporters Group for College-aged Dynamo Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by el jefe2010, May 6, 2011.

1. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our groups attitude is certainly not "better than" but more like "in addition to." Our goal is to focus on gathering support from one particular demographic and add it to the awesome overall support that our team already has. I believe the 4 SG's do a great job. That's why we wanted in in the first place, but instead of just joining a current group we thought we could bring something to the table. Hopefully Sam's Brigade can be part of an ever-increasingly badass supporters section in the future.

2. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'M NOT IN SB! All I'm saying is, you guys are flipping shit when el jefe mentioned that he wanted to maybe try something different with a younger aged crowd and you all jumped all over him saying just give up.

3. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

You need to chill out. I'm not even a member of SB. Don't bring down el jefe just because I called you out.

4. BRICKWALLTX

BRICKWALLTX New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is pretty ridiculous, everyone calling each other out, and all online. I know Mr. McSwiggins, along with EB and Brickwall Firm, will be at the Stag's Head Pub for the away game viewing party this Saturday evening. Maybe we could all discuss it like gentlemen. My name is Jared Means, look for me. I will be the "fat, lazy, drunk guy" in the bar. Why did you erase that by the way?

5. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I erased it because it was it was unnecessary. Thank you for replying in a more calm manner.

I also apologize for offending any current TA EB BW members. I was just annoyed.

6. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I was also getting annoyed by how angry and frenzied you all were just because el jefe wanted to try something new. Why can't all the SG's just enjoy the team and game how they want? It doesn't have to be a rivalry.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: NOT another La Doce from Budweiser!

Ok.
    This is you at 2:22 AM.

Now this is you 12 hours later.

So which one is it dude?
    Do you want to low talk proud Houston die hards like you clearly did.
    Or do you want to post a qucik thought on perhaps seeing something different at the Rob with a younger aged crowd.

IMHO, one line of thinking is so far outta wack it demands some splainin' and the other is a post imforming us that young people need to reinvent the wheel at home games in 2011.

8. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Neither. I was getting annoyed by how pissed off you all clearly were by el jefe's idea and I was just pissed off. It was dumb to say those things. You guys weren't even giving him a chance. So what if he doesn't want to join a current group? That's his choice. We're all Dynamo fans here so let him do what he wants. If it fails, oh well. The more support for the club, the better.

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, think before you post.
    It's the right thing to do.

Please review my For what it's worth comment I directed specifically to jefe on knowing what it's like to have college aged folks getting hype for our team. (post #12 guy)
    I get what he was saying and I as well invited him to have beers with me and my buddies.
    Then you lost the plot.

10. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

I know and I'm sorry. McSwiggins just got to me.

11. Gregory McSwiggins

Gregory McSwiggins New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honestly, I'm simply annoyed at the fact that we've got a couPle of frat boys thinking they're gonna do something totally new as opposed to what we've been working on (for several years now) to accomplish. For fuks sake, we can barely coordinate the groups now! So how the hell are we suppose to make any progress when every chance someone gets an itch, theyre gonna come thru and throw in they're 2 cents just cause the FO made them an "official" support group?

So fuk you Maybs! sorry, I'm not a gentleman. We can whoop each others ass if u'd like! Hahaha!

12. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    What exactly have you been working to accomplish? Your comment doesn't make sense. Something totally new would mean it's DIFFERENT than what you've been working on. How would that interfere with anything if it's unrelated? You have this idea that every SG has to either be a rival or doing things together.

13. BRICKWALLTX

BRICKWALLTX New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit McSwiggins!!! I almost had him to the Stag's!! You gotta be a wolf in sheeps clothing! Or just tell him to go fuk himself, ha!

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right on Maybs, just get to know folks before getting humpty

fixed your post

15. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Re: Right on Maybs, just get to know folks before getting humpty

Well, I'd like to get to know him if he'd ever calm down.

16. BRICKWALLTX

BRICKWALLTX New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you aren't affiliated with one of the SG's already, you WOULDN"T know what work has been done to accomplish certain things this season.

17. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Fair enough. I was tempted to join either EB or TA a while back.

18. Gregory McSwiggins

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I once had a vision of all support groups coming together at the north end once again. After many attempts on my part as well as other members of all support groups, we finally met and began coordination for consideration of working together this upcoming season. Soooooo, I although it is not perfect (yet) it pisses me off how someone (totally new) is gonna come in and launch they're opinion when we ve got enough opinions on the table as it is.

I simply offered advice on initial post and suggested joining one of the existent groups as a better way of getting his voice heard at the supporters section at the new stadium. But if I came off as a jerk, fuk it. Can't please everyone.

19. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I appreciate the lack of anger. TA and EB have always been there in the past to cheer for the Dynamo and that's terrific. I loved you guys especially at the 2006 mls cup game. That was awesome.

20. Gregory McSwiggins

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gay! Hahahhaa! Join a group and quit 'yer crying! And stop hatin' on my cyber bullying!!!

21. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually a member of the Dynamo FO has asked me to come to that viewing party and talk with him an meet some of you guys. My name is Jeff. I'm looking forward to putting all this nonsense behind us.

22. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a college kid and I'm part of one of the SGs, and I know many college, high school, and some retirement school buds that are throwing down in the Northend. Why should groups be set up as ageist institutions?

It doesn't matter how old you are as long as you sing your freaking heart out! I'm not an "official" member of BW but as soon as their chant is sang...I'm pretty sure y'all have heard me scream it out at full force.

So some more advice to Sam's Brigade: come to the northend and sing your heart out...learn every single chant and song...then as soon as more people join your group suggest some songs to the other SGs. Eventually if people see that you're putting in the effort they will accept you. Consider it "earning" respect as opposed to "sucking up" for it with the FO.

It's done wonders for La Bateria. They earned some respect and now they bring it out full force with the drum section.

Also please refrain from posting at 2AM. 2PM seems to fit you much nicer. :D

23. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is totally the plan. We're not coming in here and telling you guys how to run things. We want join in on what works and add something to it if we can. Earning a place at the table is the ultimate goal. I think there's room.

and honestly, the FO's involvement came as a complete surprise to me. I fully intend on earning respect the right way. The FO support was not part of the original plan, but it's been helpful.

24. BRICKWALLTX

BRICKWALLTX New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Bob!

(Are we spamming board with random names now? XD)