Sam's Army vs American Outlaws?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or you can join up with SA and do what you can to help with organization and things of that nature.

That's what we did here in Southern California.

2. JogaUsa

JogaUsa New Member

Jun 21, 2008

Well, when Im a bit older, and have been to a few US games, I might try. But until then, I might just have to be a supporter.:)

3. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No matter who you decide to join, glad to have you on board. I think we would all like to see SA get back to where they once were! In the meantime make sure to stay in contact with fellow supporters and maybe your local supporters group.

www.theamericanoutlaws.com ;)

4. Join both. They're only ~$15 per year each, and you get on two different mailing lists for information, tickets, etc. And the groups, for the most part, get along well and work together well ... from what I can tell, AO just split off to get SA out of the doldrums, and it has worked and not caused any major divisions between the groups in the process.

It's not like you're trying to decide between a blu-ray or red-ray DVD players that cost $200 each ... just join both and pick one to help with organization, etc.

My $0.02.

5. US Allen 23

US Allen 23 Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Patfan, I have time and energy to help out. I also live near Chicago, so I may be able to help with US Soccer.

Let me know what I can do.

-G-

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Help is greatly appreciated! :) Please PM me when you have the chance!

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yes, but to truly be in it, we need a NYC Brigade scarf.

8. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    huh!? :confused:

Other than the US-BRA game last Sep, I'm sure SA and AO will always be in the same "supporter's section" at the stadiums... so as long as you're cheering for our NATS, you'll be fine! :)

9. Portland Ale Patrol

Jul 1, 2008
    Portland OR
    It was interesting reading your inputs in the beginning of this topic and on the end all worked out.
    We hope that you don't mined us mingling with you and having a # of pints before and after the game.

Cheers :)

See you next game.

10. Tonkdaddy14

Tonkdaddy14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are interested in joining/starting a chapter, check out the chapter page
    http://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/content/view/15/30/

The page has area contacts for cities in Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, New York, Texas, Washington State, and D.C.

11. canefan1012

canefan1012 New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Wow I didn't know there was another supporter group other than Sam's Army.

12. njndirish

njndirish Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Notre Dame, IN
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because this thread is a mess, I am wondering can anyone give me an unbiased comparison between the two. The advantages and disadvantages my $15 will get me.

just pm it please :D

13. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    You could spend $30 and join both!

FWIW I don't belong to either, officially.

14. I agree with WolfP10 .... join both ... although unlike WolfP10, I actually have! :)

There's no appreciable difference between the two in terms of end-mission. Any effort to draw differences in this thread has focused on other things ... demographics, org structure, diligence, enthusiasm, whatever ... but IMHO there's been no real difference.

AO's rise has motivated SA to get their poop together, and from what I can discern, that's been a good thing for overall USMNT support ... and has been handled in a way where any "drama" has been isolated and/or minimized.

I think AO has had more success in getting sponsorships - Nike, etc. - but it's not like SA is stagnating or anything. Once the groups join forces, or even merge (which I can totally see), things can only go up from there.

Besides, $15 per year per SG won't break you, being on two lists rather than one is better. Just join both.