Sampdoria vs. Napoli @Stadio Luigi Ferraris - Matchday 3

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Aug 31, 2018.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is like the other games.

We just managed to overcome deficits. We look horrible in every game. Completely clueless and only start when the other team sits back.

Sacki repped this.
  2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    When was the last time this team lost by 3?

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There was a time we could get more than 5 passes together.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fiorentina. But I discount that game.

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He is being played out of position. He excells at running at a defence, not just sitting back and defending

6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Welp clearly that’s the season lol

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    When Ancelotti gets fired I hope we get Giampaolo

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With the fat ass contract Dela is paying him he will not be fired.

CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The results are acceptable 6 points in 3 games is not bad, but it's the way we play that's very worrying

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I was just trolling tbh lol

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    unfortunately i go into every season not expecting this team to do anything of note. I just hope for some fun games.

12. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I mean even without this game the fact we fell behind both Lazio and Milan was concerning. And then now this.

I said it half jokingly but honestly Juve ain’t losing many games this season. We only lost what 3 games last season and still came in second. So it’s alarming

CarecaNapoli and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  13. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I go in right now expecting things like Champions league position. So top 4.

At this point we have to be realistic where we are at and where Juve is at

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We lost 1 player. I know I'm the biggest jorginho fangirl here but it's still just one player. A team that averaged 90 points in the league over 3 seasons should not be messed with too much, I feel like Ancelotti is trying to change too much, and the fact he never even called jorginho and thought he could just use Hamsik and diawara there is slowly turning out to bite him in the but.

Why are we allowing the opponent to attack us instead of keeping hold of the ball at the start? Where is the team pressure this team was renowned for? Why the ******** did he switch to a 442 when we needed a goal? It seems to me Ancelotti is still stuck in the 00's.
    This team should always play with a 3 man midfield with a regista in the middle, it's just put together like that.
    I can accept 4231 but 442 with zielinski as the left winger when both Mertens and fukn insigne is available? Come on man

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The worrying thing is you might have hit the nail on the coffin even if you were joking

16. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that’s part of the problem tho.

It’s not just losing one player. It’s the benching of Mertens or the fact that maybe it’ll just take some more time for things to gel the way Ancelotti wants them to play. Thing is that might be too late by the time they figure it out.

The tough schedule to start the season was probably the worst thing that could have happened to this team with a new coach and all. We escaped Milan and Lazio but couldn’t tonight. And we’ve got games against Fiorentina Torino and Juventus coming up in September. So it needs to be figured out soon

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn’t Ancelotti say he is here to do better than Sarri?

1. Either he believes it in which case he has not done a good job so far

2. Or he lied because he makes 6.5M a year

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ancelotti is our cavani?

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was always the worry with Ancelotti. That he was stuck in the past. Even at Bayern players complained that they did little tactical training.

Add to that that Serie A is very tactical and any coach coming in struggles. That is why teams prefer coaches from lower leagues to foreign coaches.

We have been tactically outclassed in all three games. The fact that Ancelotti blames it on our intensity worries me. This is Serie A. It all points to the Benitez years where we win some big games, not convincingly, and then struggle against smaller teams.

I genuinely think Milan clubs will eventually do better than us and the Romans. Lazio is a cheaper version of Napoli and Roma does smart moves but always loses half the season and when they catch up they sell again.

Juve will win title 8 and Milan clubs despite their horrendous management will catch up.

Also, I saw Higuain against Roma. We really need someone of that quality. Milik has nothing special.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have ADL. We don’t need 2 Cavanis

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    https://www.football-italia.net/127477/ancelotti-bad-napoli-attitude

He does not criticize his tactics.

Blames it on attitude in all games. How come this is happening? Not once other than the Fiorentina game (under very different circumstances) did I see Napoli like the last three games. But under Benitez every games was like that.

The confidence is gone too. I am not sure we will beat Torino or Fiorentina.

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lessons learnt

1. Sarri was right to not rotate. The subs are just not that good

2. Hamsik, Callejon and Mertens have to start and Milik should be benched

3. Having lost Reina and Jorginho without replacing them was always going to make us weaker, add to that the absence of Sarri

I just don’t get why Ancelotti promised the title. Based on what? Pre season friendlies? Did he lie?

23. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think any great coach is a little cocky and maybe over confidence. I don’t think he lied. I think he genuinely thinks he can do better. And who knows. I mean we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves as it is only one L.

I just think it’s hard. I mean we didn’t win last season under Sarri and then Juve goes out and gets a Ronaldo lol. And maybe we could have gotten outta the champions league group stage (still can). Then we ended up with a shit draw which was outta anyone’s control.

I’ll give him a chance tho. Let’s see just where we are at come seasons end

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is no better coach we can get.

But firing Sarri was plainly stupid. We just are no longer dominant. Have no identity. Are like any other team and far inferior to Juve. We had something extra with Sarri.

Less worried about a loss. I know we won’t win the title. I am more worried about how we have played the last three games.

25. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah Sarri was in a tough position. He couldn’t rotate but at the same rate I feel like we wore down at the end because of that. But he really didn’t have much a choice IMO.

I totally agree. Mertens is our best attacking option. It blows my mind he’s not starting.

Agreed with number 3 as well