Sampdoria 2007-2008 [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay,

When do we get our own sticky for this season. I can't believe Samp is so little supported here.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Samp going for Banega!

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    there aren't that many samp fans on here. if you want to follow samp in english there is a samp blog on the offside which is pretty active now that you could read.

http://sampdoria.theoffside.com/

4. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I have chosen them as my Serie A side, so i will be posting about them on this thread I guess. I guess I can start a thread for FY2008/Fy2009, but as a new fan it is not right.:)

5. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Could you maybe just rename the thread as a generic one like the Genoa thread?

As for news: so Samp got Semioli. I'm not super-familiar with Semioli as I don't watch many Fiorentina matches, but he has a good pedigree and as far as I'm concerned, the right side was a real black hole after Maggio left. They played what, Padalino there? Whoever it was certainly didn't impress me in the matches I saw. Cassano loves to range around and operate from the left side cutting in, and Pazzini brings incisive movement centrally around the box, so there should be lots of opportunities to exploit up the right. I hope Semioli is the man for the job.

Samp's defense is still crap though, other than at keeper. I really wanted them to get Panucci on a free, they could have had a really strong lineup if they'd landed him. I'm guessing his wage demands were too rich for their blood.

It will be interesting to see if they get anything out of their strong Primavera from last year. They have Marilungo moving up, any others?

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Semioli, IMO, is a poor man's Simone Pepe. Technically lacking and a hard worker at best. He will play on the left-wing though.

Padalino was good on the right but he wasn't going to be a Christian Maggio. Stankevicius was OK but Del Neri uses a 4-4-2 formation and Stankevicius will be playing there.

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He'll get more chances at Lecce to play. He can be a star for them this season and they'll be back in Serie A.

I've created a 2009-10 thread so talk can be continued there.