Sami Sabrah at Chievo Verona Academy

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dough Boy, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    http://www.varsitykansas.com/2015/08/27/77833/norths-sami-sabrah-eager-to-continue.html

Snippet taken from the article:

"Six months ago North soccer player Sami Sabrah received some special news from his mother: He will be traveling to Italy in March of 2016 to play for Chievo Verona Soccer Academy. The Academy will offer Sabrah an opportunity to play both soccer and attend school.

Sabrah will graduate from North at the conclusion of the first semester. He has has already completed the required credits to earn a high school diploma. He will then transition into the new year and prepare for his journey to Verona, Italy. He hopes to do well not only in soccer but also in the classroom at the Academy."

Testudo repped this.
  2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I'm pretty sure that Chievo Verona Soccer Academy is a pay-to-play soccer-and-school program not to be confused with the academy of Serie A club AC Chievo. With that said, it seems like sometimes players in such programs compete at reasonably high levels and I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand -- just something to look closely at.

Dough Boy repped this.
  3. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Thank you for making that distinction. I did not know that.