Salzburg vs BVB: 2nd Leg: Round of 16

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like Dortmund players have given up. Guerrero on for Castro

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Glad to see Castro gone. Hopefully Raph can rejuvenate us.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can we please leave Stöger behind tonight? What's the point of having a coach when he doesn't do jack shit?

Two years ago we broke a points record in the BL. Now we are like a mid table club in a country where they speak pigeon German.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We are starting to get more and more chances. Sadly, Isak isn't a good scorer yet.

5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This season MUST be the low point.

This team needs a new coach and several quality signings in the summer. Nothing else will be adequate. Anything less and todays performance will become the norm.

thisisthelife, eaglespark and Quigs repped this.
  6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The club needs new leadership.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If our board was considering extending with Stöger, I think they won't anymore after this game. They cannot be happy with what they saw. It's strange that we even had good chances to still win the tie but overall, that was one of the worst performances I can remember.
    Bürki, Dahoud and Bats were decent and I'd even add Zagadou to that list. I liked him way more than Sokratis. Him blasting the ball out of the stadium without any pressure was a highlight. I won't mind if we can get an upgrade for him.

8. italiancbr

italiancbr Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Anyone know why Pulisic wasn't even on the bench?

9. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    prolly realised that hes too good for a sunday league team....
    surely stoger made mourinho proud with todays performance. anyways, kuddos to aki, a one man army, who single-handedly doomed this entire season. lets see how long he will continue his reign of terror

thisisthelife repped this.
  10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    From the interviews after the match:
    Reus was subbed early because of adductor issues, Götze because he didn't follow Stöger's instructions. He was bad, but one also has to say that we barely got into situations where he could follow those instructions in a meaningful way (ball distributor, deep passes and runs behind their defense).

11. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    We were outplayed by RB throughout the match. Their pressing was perfect and did not leave us an option to play ground passes. Gotze had a horrible day and deservedly subbed off. Strong performance from Dahoud and Zagadou.

12. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Shocking that a team that reached the CL final several years ago can't even go past Energy drink Salzburg. Speaks volumes for the capability of management (or lack thereof). As for Stoger - given this performance I wouldn't even notice if we went out without a manager for the remainder of the season. Hope Reus isn't out until next year too..

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't understand how Götze gets called out by Stöger. He started out on the left of the attacking midfielders, went back into the middle and ended up playing on the right.

Castro was absolutely shit as usual.

Watzke hired a complete loser to coach this expensive squad and now somehow the talented players are at fault. This is BS.

14. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Gotze could not hold the ball under pressure and in tight spaces. His first touch let him down.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I could pin the same on Castro for every single match he has ever played for BVB. Schurrle can be blamed for that 99% of the time.

16. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Castro and Shurrle are sh*t, don't understand why you are using them to support Gotze's mediocre display.

17. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Götze did not play well. But why the ******** single him out while at the same time saying nothing about utter garbage like Castro and Schürrle, and even worse, leaving them on the pitch?

If you appoint a shit coach, even the talented players will turn to shit. Well done Watzke.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Götze and Reus have both been left out of the Germany squad. This is great news.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Schmelzer called out his team mates. So let me get this straight. Watzke sides with this idiot, fires a world class coach and now he trashes his team mates?? Schmelzer is one of the worst players in the BL.

20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schürrle and Weigl as well. Not a single BVB player was called up.

21. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    None have deserved it, even Reus but not due to ability or bad form but becasue he just got back and needs more match practice

22. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Totally fine with the fact that no player of ours is called up for the world cup. On one hand none have been in a enough good form to be there, on the other it will be a boom to have the whole squad available for pre-season right off the bat. Secondly, there will be less fatigue in the team and the new coach can begin working immediately. I suspect that we might have somewhat of a head start in the league as well. But more importantly - Schurrle wanted to be a starter so he can make the Germany squad. Now that the list is out and he is nowhere near it, he can f**k right off BVB.

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think the media is flipping out because Götze has been the best player for us this season and Reus has been pretty clutch since his return. Weigl has had a poor season and Schürrle is not NT worthy. So no surprise with the latter two.

24. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You really think Gotze has been the best player this season? I think he has been at best mostly average with a glimpse here and there to providing hope of his returning to top form, only to be poor next outing.

Thinking about your comment on "player of the season" got me to thinking that no player has really distinguished themselves this year. Reus has been good, but hasn't really been available for most of the season, and none of the rest have really covered themselves in glory.

25. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    To clarify, the callups for the NT were for the next friendlies and not for the World Cup. I'm pretty confident Reus will go the WC if he stays healthy and if he can confirm the level he signaled he could play in the first games of his return. Besides him, it's getting harder to make predictions. I'd bet that Götze makes the final team as well. Weigl and Schürrle most likely not because of the current form but mostly because of the competition. But Löw seems to like Schürrle and he performs rather well for the NT, so who knows.