Salvatore Gambino

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by okocha1, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just watched the game against Wolfburg, and Gambino seems to be very talented player. Can anyone tell me more about him?

Thanks

2. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No one has any information about this player?

3. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Okocha,

sorry nobody's really replied but I think that is more because Gambino is a sort of mystery to us fans as well. He is young, he has potential, but his technique never really catches up with him.

As far as his abilities; he's somewhat fast with a bit of a scoring touch added in there. He's nothing to get too excited about right now, but in two to three years he just might be proving his worth. Hopefully he'll have me eating my words with a hat trick against Schalke!

In a better day when Dortmund could have afforded depth, Gambino would be on the bench learning the trade. However, we see him now fighting it out with Delron Buckley for the spot. But if it means not much depth and fiscal responsibility over careless spending and class players lining the bench, well I'll go for Salvatore every day.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said. However, it's expected that Amoah will send him back to the bench. And, despite Gambino's play against Wolfsburg, I'm still skeptical as to whether he can keep it up or not. He never has before.......

This isn't the first time he's shown "flashes" of what he could be.