Salvadorans Abroad: 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by BKR inC, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good stuff. How old is he?

2. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Recent activity
    Nelson Bonilla scored two goals for Sukhothai in their 4-0 win over Pattaya United, he now has 21 goals in the league.

Roberto Dominguez, Arturo Alvarez and Andres Flores didn't see any action. while Darwin Ceren came on for Houston Dynamo at 82 minute in their 4-1 win over portland.

Pablo Punyed came on at 57th minute for KR Reykjavik in their 3-1 victory over Keflavik.

Jaime Alas played the full 90 minutes in Municipal 3-4 loss against Malacateco

La Trucha repped this.
  3. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Arturo Alvarez and Darwin Cerén of Houston Dynamo have won the US Open Cup. Cerén came on at the 78th minute of the final, while AA did not play.

24CD019F-D8EE-4CEF-91DE-8B888609F6C6.jpeg

4. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Props to Dennis Pineda for scoring his first goal for Santa Clara in the top division in their 3-0 win over Nacional today! :thumbsup:

William Flores and La Trucha repped this.
  5. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Goal @ 3:25

Blue_nation724 and La Trucha repped this.
  6. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Alex Larin will miss the rest of the season due to knee injury, its a shame he got injured so early in the campaign

SamKnight repped this.
  7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It said he has been injured since the first game and Communicaciones didn’t operate right away? Ridiculous

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Nelson Bonilla is being eyed by Bangkok United is the current scuttlebutt.

9. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    La Trucha repped this.
  10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can’t even complain. Good for him.

He’ll be playing in the 2019 AFC Champions League if it all goes well.

11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    I would have complained previously but with the instability of the national team, and how low most footballing clubs look at salvadoran players, to get this decent transfer and exposure it can only be beneficial.

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Now the question will be will other players look at Asia as a destination? I’m cool with it especially if they can somehow find a way to China, Japan or South Korea that would be awesome, I don’t know much about Australia so won’t comment on that. Albeit Thailand should be a good start for some of these younger guys.

I say this with cautious optimism because I thought the same thing after Rafa Burgos and AA were having pretty good seasons in Hungary and thought that would draw more interest to other Salvadoran players but alas it never happened.

13. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Seeing as he was already in Thailand this year and, according to his Soccerway profile, he has scored 25 goals in 32 games, it’s great to know that another Thai club clearly saw that he was worth the big bucks. It’s also good to see that Bonilla is still just as dedicated as he’s always been, if not more. He hasn’t declined once he moved to Thailand.

I don’t know how La Chelona performed back when he was in Japan, or Cristian Castillo in Thailand, but it seems that Bonilla and Chino Flores have both been relatively successful during their time in Asia respectively. Can’t think of anymore Salvadorans that have played in Asia.

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well Chelona was ageing by the time he got to Japan but he wa srespected and actually captained the team, he was reliable but wasn't the same player as he was in Germany and Mexico.

La Trucha repped this.
  15. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    La Trucha repped this.
  16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Darwin played the entire game in Houston’s last game of the season in a 3-2 win over LA Galaxy.

El Ruso played the entire game for Portland and scored in a 2-1 loss. His season will continue for at most one more game since they qualified to the playoffs.

La Trucha repped this.
  17. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So far in Dominguez case it shows that nutrition and a work out regimen to stay in top shape is severely lacking back in El Salvador. I’m hoping Tecla is looking into this since they look to be the more willing side to do so, to help their players.

Blue_nation724 and La Trucha repped this.
  20. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    [​IMG]
    well now its official Nelson Bonilla has joiend Bangkok United and will wear the 90 shirt. Like I said any other time I would have said this a bad move, but the way our federation and national team is going, I rather he helps spread good word about salvadoran players abroad and earn the big bucks.

21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The live draws for the 2019 AFC Champions League occurred just earlier tonight. Bangkok United will be playing in a preliminary round next February 12 against Vietnamese club Hanoi FC.

A-League club Newcastle Jets are playing in this round too.

22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  23. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Rodolfo Zelaya will be joining china second division side Nantong Zhiyun , although be careful we have been burnt before, anyone rememebr him joining a saudian arabian side. However Pohl has confirmed they will be selling zelaya so this may actually be true
    External links: https://www.elgrafico.com/futbol/Ro...el-Nantong-Zhiyun-de-China-20181206-0023.html

Joaquin Rivas has joined USL side St Louis FC
    External links: https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/stlfc-announces-joaquin-rivas-signing/n-5425575

La Trucha repped this.
  25. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Pohl is a plague. He sold him straight for money, and while Saudi Arabia gave money too, he sells to China for bigger money. Wouldn’t let go of Narciso or Oscar though