Salvadorans Abroad: 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by BKR inC, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ceren is a bad example since Orlando had long been pegged to be moving up to MLS prior to his arrival. The only reason they weren’t brought up sooner is because Garber had a hard on for NYC and did everything in his power for that club to bypass the requirements while at the same turning around and using those requirements to keep Orlando City at bay.

Ruso was in NASL which was a legit second division I agree but let’s be honest he was complacent with staying with the Cosmos the rest of his career had they not dissolved.

Derby is quite possibly the worst an example because if they watched any of his games he would be rotting on the bench in the NASL or USL right now. He either has the same agent as Freddy Adu (ha ha)or more than likely Punyed put in a good word for him especially since they ended up in the same club that season.

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    At the same time, Atlanta was pegged to move up to MLS and Junior Burgos was expected to join them once they made their MLS debut. Unfortunately for him, he wasn’t good enough in the end. Ceren, on the other hand, was good enough to progress to MLS otherwise he would’ve been cut off like Burgos.

He had a slow start with Cosmos when he moved from Metapan. He wasn’t getting game time when he first started and eventually he began to show his worth. I always predicted he was good enough for MLS; he had blossomed much later than I anticipated.

Carrillo apparently impressed in the IBV trials I guess. They wouldn’t have signed him purely on blind faith.

USL isn’t the league our players should I aspire for, but I think the chance to live in USA is a factor that persuades players in joining an USL team.

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The key difference in those cases is that Ceren was brought in to the actual club that moved up as compared to Burgos who was brought in on and sent over to the Rowdies to just hold tight while the roster was being slowly build. In reality he probably was brought in as a favor from the Silverbacks brass to see if any of those guys could have made the jump.

I look at Ruso as someone who is in that log line of Salvadoran players that is okay with complacency. He probably could have made the jump two seasons prior but he was okay staying with the Cosmos because it was a security blanket of sorts, think of it like Fito with Alianza as long as Big Daddy Pohl takes care of him he ain’t moving.

I don’t remember him going on trial to them, I still stick with Punyed having a hand on it because remember they also signed his brother that year also.

I agree 100% especially with how some of these youngster have turned down opportunities to play in Colombia to go to MLS I’m like come on man get out of your comfort zone.

4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Just keeping an eye on Christian Martinez who father is Salvadorean, who played 70 minutes for Deportivo Saprissa. Ulthough he played for Costa Rica under 20 side, i would say just keep a mini eye on him. Do not add on the abroad list

5. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    #155 SamKnight, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    USL is a mystery when we talk about what it will become, the League went from 14 teams to 33 in only 4 years and still has 9 confirmed expansion teams joining in. The level for the most part is still low as as evidenced by MLS B teams winning the League or finishing close to the top. This is a controversial take but I still believe that the USL in the future will pass the Salvadoran League and maybe some other CA leagues especially when the MLS finally stops expanding, this could take 15-25 years though.

I say this due to the Money that the top teams could potentially offer, and let's face it our countries are shit and I don't see our Leagues getting better in the future unless we experience an economic miracle and Money is pumped into our Leagues. This is pretty much why Panama who were borderline Nicaragua level in terms of Soccer became relevant in the Concacaf in such a short amount of time.

I don't blame any of our players who will jump at the chance of playing in the USL today, that league has many shit teams and and we a bunch of players our 1st division (even the ones that we consider shitty or irrelevant to the NT picture) that could make their squads and be decent. Getting that Green Card is worth more than having a long career and successful career in El Salvador, because it could change their and their families lives especially after their football career ends.

6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah I saw SelectaTalent mention him recently. Have no idea if he wants to play for ES or CR.

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So Roberto Dominguez has a contract offer from Vancouver but don’t expect Tecla to let him go.

Reason being...
    1026665442276823040 is not a valid tweet id

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well I stood corrected. Best of luck to him and hopefully this means more defenders abroad.

1026704360707747840 is not a valid tweet id

9. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He’ll be playing alongside Alphonso Davies, Efrain Juarez and my boys Bernie Ibini and Stefan Marinovic.

Very exciting move. Best of luck to him. :)

EDIT: added a proper source, in favour of relying on a random twitter account.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...acquire-salvadoran-defender-roberto-dominguez

EDIT 2: Looks like Ibini’s moving to UAE now.

William Flores repped this.
  10. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Seems to be a rest of the season loan move with an option to buy next season. Hopefully he plays and does well, while it is MLS we need more players to start making moves.

11. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    La Trucha repped this.
  12. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Meanwhile Junior Flores is far too stubborn to move to an MLS club or any other club not named Borussia Dortmund.

Better MLS than USL, Ascenso MX and especially PDL, I’d say.

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Didn’t Junior Flores get injured and is out for a while? Also last I remember he was linked to Columbus Crew but considering the situation if they are moving or not I doubt they want to spend a ton of money atm.

14. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He’s prone to injuries which totally sucks, but over the past couple of years he’s received several offers to return to USA; all which were ultimately declined.

Either these were just rumours, or he simply prefers to stay at BVB.

15. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    La Trucha repped this.
  16. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Orlando City wanted him a while ago, Dude is an Idiot at this point in time he should have switched clubs either an MLS club that will give him a chance or trying to get a loan with another Euro club. He will never make it at BVB.

17. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Great team to join for a young player

18. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Dennis Pineda play 71 minutes for Santa Clara. They lost 1-0 to Maritimo. Hope he continues to get lots of playing time in the top league of Portugal

SamKnight, William Flores and La Trucha repped this.
  19. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  20. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  21. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Hahaha looks like he be joining Santa Tecla, very weird move escepially since Joel Almedia has been Stan Tecla number one for three years, and has been the most consistent keeper in the league. I feel like we should try to nationalise him, as he could provide depth for our keeper sitution in the short term

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Have we even bothered to naturalise Bladimir Díaz?

24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    They said they were going too but I found nothing yet, I feel like this will be Patricio Barroche and Alejandro Bentos situation

25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We have another player headed to Europe.
    David Antonio Miranda who played for the Santa Tecla reserves he served as the captain during his time. He is headed to Portugal’s third division the club is USC Paredes.

1035689324803776512 is not a valid tweet id

La Trucha repped this.