Salvadorans Abroad: 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The Monarchs Roster got gutted for next season and Maikon is 23, they are probably making room for some academy players for next season. I can easily see him being picked up by another USL team let's see what happens.

Nacional could possibly get relegated this season but the Portugal 2nd Division is still better than where he was playing before.

2. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Two players that are Eligible for the NT are starting in the MLS Cup Final, Eriq Zavaleta and Cristian Roldan.

La Trucha repped this.
  3. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Both Zavaleta and Roldan played the entire game including extra time, sadly I think that Bruce Arena cap ties both of them in the Gold Cup because more than likely he uses a B Team.

4. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Do you think they're good enough to be capped to USMNT, let alone the B team?

5. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    #405 SamKnight, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Roldan 100% he played so well in that game and he has potential to be a great 2 way player at midfield and one of the better young talents in the league. Eriq was solid and we prob have a better chance at getting him than Roldan, he plays a position that we badly need more of.

Both those guys would be Great talents to have and IMO starting material.

6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Alas helped Municipal make a comeback (lost 1-0 away) and win 2-0 to be in the final.

As for the MLS guys, Roldan wants to wait for a USMNT call up. I believe he rejected a Guate callup and i dont think he would wanna come play for ES.
    Eriq has already denied ES during the Roca era. Dont see him coming over now.

7. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think that Roldan is gone but I think that Eriq could come if he doesn't get a NT call up soon especially at the 2017 gold cup he is going to be 25 soon and will prob settle for us like AA did.

8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm not gonna lie, it might sound crazy, but if he doesn't want to willingly be here, then dont come. AA as well. We have players who can do well. What ES needs is a coach and a process.

--Bonilla---
    Alas-?-Jairo/Pineda
    -Mayen--Ceren-
    Larin-Romero-Dominguez-Tamacas
    --Benji--

That right there is a good squad. I cant really say who can be our #10, but Roldan nor Zavaleta can fill that role so

slaminsams repped this.
  9. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea but I would never Deny talent even if it's for depth, sadly that lineup ain't good enough to compete in Concacaf (top 4/5) even with a good coach.

10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Could Oscar Sorto and Adonis Amaya, both from LA Galaxy II, be worth looking at? Amaya has not received a call up from USA since U-17's. Sorto, on the other hand, hasn't received a call up since the U-23's.

Amando Moreno from Tijuana received a callup to the USMNT this year but hasn't played a game with them yet, so I don't think he'll be available to us anytime soon.

Joshua Perez and Junior Flores are definitely not interested in representing ES at this point.

11. Rayado21

Rayado21 Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Nelson Bonilla scored what turned out to be the winner for Nacional. he scored at the 89th minute against Tondela who are now last, the final score was 3 - 2. With this win Nacional is out of relegation on goal differential. They have 2 games left before the Christmas break against Rio Ave and Boavista, both of whom are having sub par seasons. Good for Bonilla. About time he scored again...

12. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Sorto has no chance at USMNT and is worth getting Adonis didn't get a U20 call up so we can actually get him for the upcoming U20 tourney if he is willing. Moreno is ineligible for any youth teams anymore and Bruce wont call him up to NT we have a chance at him.

We don't have a chance at Joshua Perez he will be with the US U20 but I still think that we can get Junior Flores he turns 21 in March and isn't good enough to recieve a call atm(personally I think that he will be a solid MLS player).

Convincing them to switch will all have to do on how well our NT performs like a solid Gold Cup performance.

13. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I've had more time to think about it, and maybe it's a bit pointless to call them up now that we're out of the WCQ and have been playing terribly. Maybe after the 2018 WC if the Salvadoran-Americans in question still haven't been called up to USMNT then perhaps we can try to give them a go.

PS. I really hope that Flores can do well in the MLS. It's such a shame he didn't become the BVB player we were all hoping for. He hasn't played a game with BVB II all year, so the sooner he leaves the better.

SamKnight repped this.
  14. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Oscar Sorto is out of contract with the LA Galaxy, since there is an expansion draft this year he should have no problem being picked up by another MLS team.

There is a Rumor that Junior Flores will go to the Columbus Crew.

15. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oscar Sorto may be likely if we actually gave him a call up for the copa centro america and or promised gold cup. Dude is the most proud to be Salvadoran it seems. His instagram is always about it. I think a couple will decide to join us if the new manager does well and we aren't invovled in scandals.

SamKnight repped this.
  16. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I even recall in an old article that Mauricio Cienfuegos is one of his favourite players.

17. HugoPerezUSA

HugoPerezUSA Red Card

Dec 14, 2016
    What happened to the Salvi that played for Michigan?

Any legit defenders?

18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Welcome to the board :)

Michigan state?

Defenders abroad who are salvadoran? Whats your criteria?

SamKnight and La Trucha repped this.
  20. Rayado21

Rayado21 Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    SamKnight repped this.
  21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dude's been very unlucky. He's had opportunities to play in Germany, Chile, Colombia and MLS, but they never materialised.

With his performance at Tampa Bay Rowdies, I was always in doubt about him playing for Atlanta next year. Still interested to see where he'll end up next. Btw this quote from the link caught my eye:

Atlanta will select 21st in the draft. Chicago earned the first selection due to the Fire finishing 2016 with the worst record in the league.

Didn't realise AA's team failed miserably this season.

SamKnight repped this.
  22. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yeah Burgos has been unlucky, when he was drafted by Toronto he had to wait 2 years before he could play because of his green card, He signed with a 1st division Chile team but they missed the transfer deadline so he couldn't stay, he signed late with a Colombian 1st division team and didn't get play time and returned to the USL. I feel bad for him.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    IIRC the Colombian club was about money and that he had to pay out of pocket instead of the club covering the cost so he said forget that.

SamKnight repped this.
  24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    La Trucha repped this.