Sacramento MLS Expansion Superthread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Nov 28, 2013.

1. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #3051 30King, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Nagle is working very hard behind the scenes, and he is confident. MLS has been very involved with helping secure a new big $$ investor; they've helped recruit prospects, if that helps paint a picture of their interest in the Sacramento market.

There were a few big hiccups last fall; info will eventually come out that will paint a different picture than current public perception.

All I can say at this time. Feel free to stay on the ledge, but don't jump yet.

MLS is good with all the markets that are working toward expansion. They will happily take in Cincinnati, but they WANT Sac. Any internet narrative to the contrary is BS

mangerson repped this.
  2. mitzolil

mitzolil Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Considering Garber (expansion committee as well maybe?) is rumored get a portion of the Expansion fees, I bet they're very motivated to get SRFC through.

3. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And your source for this information and confidence is... Nagle's public statements?

4. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    30King's posts are the equivalent of the poster on the back wall of the X-files.

I want to believe!

Ollie L repped this.
  5. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No.

Can’t go into further detail. That’s why I’ve been off BS for a while.

I was pissed and caught off guard like everyone else back in Dec. Got further info that makes me feel much better about our prospects

6. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale
    United States
    Jun 19, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS has been active in securing investors for all expansion cities.

7. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No they haven’t

8. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Only thing MLS wants Sacramento for is to serve as a potential side piece if the other chicks MLS is dating don't put out.

Nagle is loooooong past deserving the benefit of the doubt from the fanbase for his vacuous public statements. Given his reaction to our Twitter convo, I'm of the mind that he doesn't give a fiddler's fcuk about keeping the fanbase engaged.

Very far cry from how Warren ran things, and 180 degrees opposite from how this club was formed and operated in it's inception.

2in10 and QuietType repped this.
  9. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, this is the price for being able to sit at the grown ups table. Ask Orlando's fans how much their team has changed since they moved to MLS. They're not nearly as engaged with their fans as they were during the Rawlins' USL days.

SierraSpartan repped this.
  10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all due respect 30King, bull****.

I’m tired of people saying the have some inside info they can’t share, but they know things are lined up behind the scenes...

Like two years ago. Like last year. Like before the governors meeting. Like since.

At every step people have claimed inside knowledge that Sac had things in the bag.

And at every step something has gone wrong and Sacramento’s chances get lower.

BS.

Share what you have in whatever capacity or we’ll just have to assume it’s more of the BS coming from Nagle and the FO as damage control and delaying.

11. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What else should we expect when a bunch of people from the Kings take things over? :mad:

SierraSpartan repped this.
  12. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're doomed methinks.

13. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Plenty of room out here on the doom ledge.

14. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Next guy out here brings the beer.

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    We're way beyond the beer stage.

16. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm growing more sure that we are doomed for the slot.

Well, i suppose once i buy a plane my trips to san jose will be more frequent.

Im sure i could cut a deal with san jose airport for discounted landing fees.

*mope*

17. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup.........this thing is dead :( this is 1000 percent on Nagle. We havent heard anything now, we never will.

fortunesfool223 and QuietType repped this.
  18. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But... we're in discussions... with 3 to 5 investors...

I'm sure we'll just keep discussing with them for a few more days.. weeks.. months... maybe one day Nagle will update us that they've narrowed it down to discussions with 1 or 2 investors!!
    :cry:

19. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've concluded that SRFC will be a USL team for the foreseeable future. I'm good with that, for now. I'm just not down with MLS pricing for USL level season tix. Seriously thinking of shedding a couple of them next year. Thanks Kevin.

20. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i called the fbo at san jose intl and... i can land and park near exit and walk across the street to avaya. landing fee is $40 but waived with fuel purchase.

after games i could be in the air before the stadium empties.

i guess i can throw my hat into the ring of continued support for the goonies.

i will still be a card carrying member of tbb tho.

AndyMead repped this.
  21. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i had hoped, by now, thatt i would replace my forum avatar with a republic fc mls one, but itll have to stay as is...

22. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    The only good news for us is that the folks down in Miami keep stepping on their wangs with titanium-spiked golf shoes.

That's probably the main reason why FCC hasn't been announced as of yet...well, that and there's the whole Columbus-Austin dealio to sort out.

In a just world, both FCC and SRFC get announced, Beckham gets $25M or whatever it is to GTFO or invest in another team, Phoenix and San Diego and Detroit start duking it out for the remaining slots, and things in MLS return to a normal level of insanity.

Oh, well. One can hope.

But I'm still not coming in from the ledge.

23. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Yeah, that'll work until you get diverted to KRHV. But then the VTA #22 bus will get you close.

24. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm the MLS Combine photographer. Back in the day it was held at Lockhart Stadium. The last year it was there I had a friend of mine fly me down. Lockhart is on the grounds of Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. We could've walked across to the stadium, but as we were staying a few days we got a car.

But, yeah, flying in to the game is a pretty good anecdote.

25. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Passed.......... again. So I guess we get to be scared of Phoenix next? Really hating Nagle hardcore right now