Sacramento MLS Expansion Superthread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Nov 28, 2013.

1. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, they're the San Jose Ultras, not the San Jose Nannies :) They are our most ardent and fanatical supporters, if anything I don't think they are vulgar enough. You want a family atmosphere, you can always sit at the other 3 sides.

2. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't be prouder! That's the Ultras I know *thumbs up*

3. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go cry yourself a river by that make-believe stadium of yours. Our Ultras aren't a positive, friendly, law-abiding group. That's for Pubic supporters. Our Ultras are all about supporting the team in whichever way possible, win or lose they are always true with the team.

4. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me insecure? Uhhh... I ain't the one telling the whole world all these beautiful sob stories HAHAHHAHA.

Anyways, cool stories man, but I am not QuakesForever, so I don't give a Fcuck :)

5. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a constant in America that the term "ultras" is generally synonymous with "overcompensating tools"

6. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duh, did you want a supporter group full of nannies? LOL

7. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    athletics68 and SierraSpartan repped this.
  8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes, because vulgarity is the way to support your team. If your crowd isn't calling players pedophiles and cankerous pussies, what's the use of trying hard?

QuietType repped this.
  9. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Minnesota United Dark Clouds exist because of the San Jose Ultras...

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/03/10/mls-made-minnesota-past-present-future-soccer-twin-cities

10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    John, you are adorable!

11. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is a public subsidy in the works for a Sacramento soccer stadium? - Sac Bee 1/13/18

Mayor Darrell Steinberg said he is comfortable with a limited public contribution to the project, including reducing some building fees and donating land to Republic FC for a team training facility.

Steinberg said he supports reducing or deferring some of the various fees the city would charge Republic FC for developing the stadium; fees on a project that size could reach tens of millions of dollars. He said he also would support allowing Republic FC to earn revenue from electronic billboards on public land – similar to an agreement the city has with the Kings – and could ask the city to help finance millions of dollars for roads, sewers and other infrastructure surrounding the stadium.

Nagle said his group is “encouraged by the interest in recent weeks from new potential investors clearly intrigued by the MLS opportunity in this region.”

Yeah. We're team #27, at best.

12. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    If KJ was still mayor, this deal would already be done.

We are suffering from a lack of leadership. Nagle doesn't have the ability to lead this process, and Steinberg is a smarmy asshole who has managed to insert himself into the center ring of the dominant political party of the state.

Say what you want about his predilections, but the one thing KJ did during the Kings saga was to inspire people, particularly when things were going poorly.

This MLS bid is failing, and not with a bang but barely a whimper.

Graham Smith, we need you!

13. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Shit...wrong Smith...Graham Smith, we need you!

14. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you mean Graham Smith?

;)

15. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that is not a good day there

16. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all good. If you have sensitive ears you can always stay home and watch volleyball :)

17. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wussy ass supporters for a wussy ass team LOL.

Seeing that McGuire's quote was made several days before the start of his team's infamous first-5-game trampling, I'm sure he will speak carefully the next time he wants to compare his Mickey Mouse supporter group to an actual supporter group HAHAHAHAHAHA

18. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about building a cheaper, smaller expandable stadium? Quakes built a no-frills stadium (don't get me started....) for $100M. I'm sure Sac can get a quality $175-180M stadium built. 4 stands, and leave the corners open for later expansion?

19. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because MLS does whatever the hell it is they do, they're going to do it some more. Makes sense?

Okay, so Kartik's reliability is a matter of personal opinion. However, I'm cautiously optimistic this is good news, if true. I think we need that long to find a sugar-daddy.

Yeah, Nagle snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but damn it, this is ridiculous. Stop screwing with us and Cincy, two cities more deserving than both Detroit and Nashville, and just award the damn franchise.

FWIW, If it weren't for prissy-ass Beckham and his incompetence, #24 probably would have been awarded to us, deservedly so, 18 months ago. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it really just pisses me off. The league waits for his candy-ass and strings us along (apparently I can't make up my mind what kind of ass he has - all I know is that I hate it). If we ever get a franchise, that first time Miami comes to town we fans need to encourage the boys to give them a brutal beat-down.

It's time for me to go back to my previous plan and enjoy D2, root for the boys, and try my best to ignore this thread and the whole expansion thing. It worked well for the last year.

QuietType, OWN(yewu)ED and Knave repped this.
  20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS is literally holding out for us. The writing is on the wall now. It is 100 percent on Nagle now if this doesn't go through, ball is in his court and MLS is giving him all the time in the world to sort it out.

bobby_guzman and QuietType repped this.
  21. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn’t Steinberg say we had a couple of months to put things together, this tends to corroborate that statement. This delay is transparently to give Sacramento more time to sort out ownership issue.

Nagle has until the MLS season starts.

If Sacramento misses this bid, it will 100% be on him snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. And I will be among those calling for him to sell.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  22. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically what ive been sayimg. At least there is consensus here.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  23. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    My reading of the article is that Steinberg's looking for excuses, just like he always does. Putting the MLS Lodge on the hook like that is counterproductive at best, stump-stupid at its worst. It's almost like he wants MLS to turn to Cincy and Detroit.

We are in a sales competition - we need a leader who can SELL the SRFC brand, and make Sacramento an AFFIRMATIVE choice for MLS, not a leader who will insist on an OR ELSE posture when the MLS bid falls flat, like Steinberg is doing now.

If KJ was still mayor, this thing is done, and we're all buying season tix for the inaugural season of the new MLS team in the new Stadium come 2021. Probably the same for Angie Ashby as well. Instead, we get Heather Fargo 2.0, only this time with better State Guvmint connections, but the same inability to land a sure thing when handed to him on a silver platter.

Feh.

bobby_guzman and QuietType repped this.
  24. leftout1

leftout1 Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not sure I completely agree that this is such a sure thing. If it was then they would be lined up to work with Nagle. Much easier to sell a NBA franchise with a billion dollar annual league TV package and a $250M city contribution towards an arena than a MLS franchise that must be completely self-funded. Even then it took KJ months to put together an ownership group with several iterations.