Sacramento MLS Expansion Superthread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Nov 28, 2013.

1. JmThms

JmThms Member

Jul 6, 2015
    #2901 JmThms, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Why is it sick and disgusting?

2. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is America, everyone wants to be rich, so they hate people who are wealthy.

3. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's the story now? How soon will it be when we find out if we got the slot?

This thread died off and the news cycle is quiet.

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's hard to type when you're standing on a ledge contemplating doom.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Being a DC United fan?

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    To think I had years of training for this kind of despair ...

QuietType repped this.
  7. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impending doom for DC United is a happy thought for me.

AndyMead repped this.
  8. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

Make some room. I'll bring plenty of whatever you're drinking.

FWIW, my new favorite number is 28, just in case.

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    SRFC to Loudoun County?

10. LRay

LRay New Member

Sacramento Republic FC
    Nov 11, 2017

calcmandan repped this.
  11. EDH Highlander

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, what's the latest? Anyone know if MLS has a timeline of when to announce the next team?

12. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We hear nothing but crickets. Latest statement from league is "in the new year."

13. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they'll announce it soon after they select the next team.

14. EDH Highlander

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone told me they heard Steinberg say "he expected to find out in two months". I'm OK with that as long as we are the ones selected.

15. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like the delay is for Sacramento. I don't get the sense that they want Detroit or cinc.

They're giving our lame ownership a chance, beyond measure, to scrape up enough money to pay the cover at the nightclub.

Nutmeg wasn't really in, not really. The Kraft family were in for the stadium business because that's their schtick. We never really had a true backer in the billionaire category. That's a shame. We had such a long time to line it up and... came up empty handed. I'm rather depressed about it.

Our one true backer is in over his head as evidenced by this cluster f debacle.

Thanks for letting me vent.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  16. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto that’s why it’s gonna hurt even more knowing it was for Sacramento, all things are adding up that that was a fact

17. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep the faith folks!

18. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When they begrudgingly announce cincinatti as the #2, I will continue paying my battalion dues because, well, I'm a battalion brother. Will i continue going to games? No, probably not. I won't be able to "support" the organization.

19. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you even trolling Sacramento expansion? You’ve shat on Sacramento and are an Ultra. You don’t have to pretend to be something else again, QuakesForever.

20. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The news of late has been distressing. Fingers crossed we can find a billionaire or two.

21. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trolling Sac expansion? LOL, I want you in the league, so I can keep on shatting on ya :) Right now you're just a minnow, barely worth my time. So get your shit together and get in the league so we can trade more barbs.

And for the last time, I am not QuakesForever. Neither am I an Ultra, though I always wholeheartedly approve their actions :) Our Ultras sing win or lose, way better than your supporter group full of dirt-poor Bay Area rejects and farmer-wannabe hipsters can ever hope to be LOL

22. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You had me until you went all-out-dick.

I'm a proud member of the Tower Bridge Battalion and I could cite stories about the language the Ultras use during games. One could argue that its quite trashy. This would match the shirtless appearance.

Unfortunately, i will continue to follow the quakes as long as it is the closest mls team.

QuietType repped this.
  23. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't need to "trade barbs." You are dripping with insecurity. You are of the mindset that you need enemies to define yourself, that if you aren't hating other fans or in some never-ending competition puffing your chest or sparring then you aren't doing your soccer fandom right. That mentality is so pathetically sad - you really need more in your life to have more meaning than that.

You are an Ultra, and I've met you in person once, and I also follow you (QuakesForever) on Twitter so I do keep tabs on what you say and how you portray yourself in this forum, in the Quakes forum, and other places like Reddit. Please stop trying to cause drama and fight for no reason other than you think you have to because you're insecure that you don't have enough soccer cred. Grow up, just watch the sport for fun and support your team, it's as simple as that. The Ultras are mostly wannabe frat boys (though I do know honest, friendly members) looking to start a fight because they're insecure with themselves - so it's no surprise you fit right in. You guys tried to fight my cousin who was a Galaxy fan once because he waved to an acquaintance (who is a member of the Ultras) as he was leaving a bar. Just one anecdote in the long history of absurdities carried out by the Ultras. But then again, I've had this discussion with you before.

24. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no, but the Ultras never do anything harmful or offensive or break any rules/laws... They are a completely positive and friendly group who's only crime is they love their team too much! They are innocent of everything and any time they are reprimanded it's not because they willfully broke any rules or laws, but because people unfairly crack down on and pick on them for no reason at all! :cry::rolleyes:

25. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And they're still holding the original Supporters Shield - which never belonged to them. They definitely don't play well with others.

sitruc repped this.