São Paulo F. C. parte 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Glass Moon, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lol....... I doubt this changes Sao Paulo.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I hope they relegate.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    #204 Century's Best, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Things surely took a turn for the better when Muricy Ramalho became Santos' manager. He was a major reason I was rooting for Santos in the 2011 Libertadores - he did not win it with my team.

Well, let's see if Ramalho can still work his magic. I surely hope so.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    #205 Century's Best, Sep 9, 2013
    I expect no less from a Corinthians fan.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Most Sao Paulo fans on my facebook were in love with Auttori when he was named and I think the majority favored him.. What has changed? I know Muricy is an icon and I respect his work.. I just think he is a stubborn and to conservative.. Its worked for him before but Idk with this version of Sao Paulo. I mean you guys could have signed him last go around....

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Autuori led SPFC to both the Libertadores and FIFA Club World titles in 2005 – not a small feat by any means. Ramalho led SPFC to a Brasileirão 3-peat later on, so perhaps many fans have this latter string of wins in their memory.

Having said all this, the situation was already precarious before Ney Franco was released. Autuori was given very little time to turn things around – the team appeared to begin reacting, but this run of several games in a few days was very difficult. The team was exhausted.

Ramalho’s arrival isn’t going to have the effect of a magic wand being waved and SPFC suddenly going on a hot streak. I would like to see that – but he is known for his work ethic, and he will squeeze the players hard. And even though Rogério Ceni is old and although the extent of his influence may be questioned, the fact that Ceni and Ramalho always got along well signifies unity, not divisiveness, will be the standard in the locker room. That alone will be a positive development.

I hope Ramalho has some of that mata-mata from the 2011 Libertadores left – we could surely use it in the Copa Sul-Americana!

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    As you should... I remember when we relegated and how Sao Paulo fans screenshot the Corinthians page on globoesporte or one of Corinthian's website and mocked us with it about us going down..

expect the same.. and I'm hoping its this season. #ForaBambis

9. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    I said if this continues into September I would be worried back in July. Now September is here and I am a bit worried. If we get relegated it would be a shock that would be devastating. My whole family and extended family in Brasil are Sao Paulo fans. Anyways another coach fired Autuori could not turn around the team. I hope Muricy can bring some type of fire. This team is too talented to relegated. We just won the Copa Sud Americana earlier this year! So something is poisoning the team chemistry and locker room. Muricy needs to come and make the team united.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #210 Emperor Adriano, Sep 9, 2013
    Still didn't address my point. Why pass on Muricy for Auttori just to hire Muricy.. Bad move imo Also Century do you really think the sul Americana should be a priority? I mean you won it last year, how much would the fans really care? Don't get me wrong winning titles is important but relegation is a reality and I think there are competitions Sao Paulo fans value more at this point.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who would you have hired as SPFC?

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Muricy the first go around.. You please the fans and you bring in someone who won't be relegated. Instead of wasting time and money with Auttori. What about you? They were to late to hire Christivao so it is kind of Muricy by default.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Abel Braga also.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was always curious to see Luxa at SPFC...

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Fair enough. I hope my team disappoints you; yours didn't disappoint us when you were relegated.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Auttori or Autuori?

Muricy is the man in charge now. There's nothing else to deal with other than the situation, which is precarious, and the need for results. We expect no miracles but do expect a lot of hard work ahead of us.

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would like that as well. It is hard to bring up Luxa on this board without getting called crazy though. I just wish he would take a year sabbatical and have him come back refreshed and ready to win everything.

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Sai fora meu! Luxa? Que é isso! I would even have Dunga over Luxa.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    really century? going grammar Nazi to prove your point? lets just not engage anymore. You belong in the Yank section, my god.

20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    One question. Do you think relegation is inevitable for SPFC at this point?

If so, why?

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Never said it was. but if they are chasing a Copa Sul Americana I would be worried if I was you. It is in the realm of possibility so I give it a 30 percent chance.. I wonder what others think honestly.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Relegation is indeed mathematically realistic. However, there are only a few points separating SPFC from a "safe" position. The team began to show improvement - and then 4 games in less than 10 days. The fatigue caught up to the players.

The good news is that after Sunday, the players will rest a bit more before this Thursday's match against Ponte Preta, a team which is also fighting relegation. If we win this match, and it's a very feasible objective, Muricy will have gotten off to a good start.

The Copa Sul-Americana should be a secondary issue. If SPFC can fight off relegation and do well in that Copa, great. But if I have to choose one, I'll take the league.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    SPFC is an interesting team because they have some good pieces. I'm still not willing to bet against them. I'd say they are better than last year's Palmeiras IMO.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No Olho Tático: Com São Paulo à deriva, retorno do pragmatismo de Muricy Ramalho pode ser solução imediata. http://t.co/Dw4ChpYncm

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Muricy defended Ceni in his presser and went as far as saying that he has been good in goal and should continue to be the PK taker. This could potentially lead to his demise...