São Paulo F. C. parte 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Glass Moon, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Glass Moon

Glass Moon Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Brasil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    The last thread started mentioning our qualification for the 2004 Copa Libertadores. This was a turning point for the club, who went on to win one Libertadores, one World Club Cup and three brazilian championships. May this new thread have a similar impact.

And we have some big news this time as well:
    Luis Fabiano is back!

Our current roster looks something like this:

Goleiros: Rogério Ceni, Bosco, Denis, Leonardo
    Zagueiros: Alex Silva, Rhodolfo, Miranda, Xandão, Bruno Uvini
    Laterais: Júnior César, Juan, Edson Ramos, Luiz Eduardo, Henrique Miranda
    Volantes: Jean, Rodrigo Souto, Wellington, Casemiro, Zé Vitor
    Meias: Lucas, Cléber Santana, Rivaldo, Marlos, Carlinhos Paraíba, Ilsinho
    Atacantes: Luís Fabiano, Fernandinho, Fernandão, Henrique, Willian José, Dagoberto

2. johnie1

johnie1 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    cork, ireland
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :confused:When will Fabiano be able to play, currently, or wiil he have to wait until the european season is finished?

3. Glass Moon

Glass Moon Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Brasil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    He is injured, and will return in late April, early May. He cannot play in the State Championship (Paulistão) because the date to register new players expired in 03/03. He can still play in the Brazilian Cup (Copa do Brasil) though.

Also, he is cleared to play legally since he only played for Sevilla this season. I think you can play for two diferent clubs in a season with no problems, I don't remember the rules exactly.

Results: we are currently first place in the Paulistão, although it is a very close race. The first four teams have 28 points.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I'm very happy Fabiano has returned to the great SPFC. With Lucas and Rivaldo and a resurgent campaign in the Paulistao, this team is taking shape to contend for the 2011 Brasileirao, and is already a force to be reckoned w/ in the Copa do Brasil.

We WILL return to the Libertadores in 2012, and we WANT that fourth cup - which we WILL win.

5. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I feel bad for Willian.. this kid is a fantastic talent.

Atleast he'll take a backseat to a true great and learn more about what a top class striker really is.

Your team is just amazing this year.. possibly the most balanced and best one in the league atleast on paper.

6. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Hope for you guys Wellington keeps getting starting 11 spot on a regular basis.

Kid looks like a mini-Makalele out there.. simply bossing the midfield on his own with Casemiro doing a favor he's running at all and hardly putting any effort so far today.

-What a game-winner by Lucas.. so decesive and out of nowhere - sign of a true star.

7. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Lucas is an incredible talent, I saw the Sao Paulo vs Gremio match and he impressed me. I hope you guys get to keep him for his youth career, and develop him to new levels. He has the talent, but can be a bit turnover prone.

Still, at 18 he has a bright future ahead of him.

8. cashflow

cashflow Member

May 31, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Denilson of Arsenal just signed a 1 year loan

9. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Rodrigo Souto leaving then I guess?

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was rumored for a move to Japan..

11. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Sneaky lieing Wagner Ribeiro seems to go to target num 2 after Neymar - getting Lucas out to Europe.. the objective is Roma as he's about to meet with thier Sporting-Director.

I can't see a way in hell your managment will let Lucas go for anything less then 35-40 mil euros, if they'll even agree to let him go to begin with, unlike Santos they have all the power with the 80mil euro release fee and the new contract sealed.

Wish these kids would fire this guy, he just tries to hurt them and make a quick buck rather then care for thier development... Lucas is still raw in his game and need to develop, leading Sao Paulo to something major first.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree and I am not really sure if Roma is the ideal situation. They are in a transitory phase and considering how raw he still is, I think he needs a more stable situation.

As far as that 35-40 mil price tag, I don't think it would be necessarily that high yet. At the moment, I'd say 25-30.

13. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Yea but they see Lucas as thier Neymar.. I doubt they'll agree to let him go for 25-30 mil when they see all those crazy prices going on.

Especiely for Sao Paulo as they're known to hold on to thier stars with Lucas being only 18 and only played 1 full season at pro level... I think they'll hold out for more then 30 mil and if they do sell it'll be closer to Neymar type of price.

14. kureejiikuri

kureejiikuri New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    I thought I heard Fabiano was going to be back this week? Or sometime last week?

This man is taking some time to come back.

15. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is a confirmed starter for the next game, according to the recent newspapers.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope he comes back well, just not on his debut.. :D

17. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Same here. Can't wait for his return... after Sunday.

18. Bandeirante_SPFC

Nov 15, 2005
    Sao Paulo, SP
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Confirmed! Jadson is returning!

We need a defender and one forward and that's it.

We could try Breno (Bayern Munchen) and Osvaldo (Ceará).

----------Rogério Ceni----------
    --------------------------------
    ----Rhodolfo----------Breno----
    --Piris------------------Cortês--
    ------Casemiro-----Denilson-----
    -----Lucas---------Jadson------
    ------Osvaldo-------------------
    --------------Luis Fabiano------

19. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm a big fan of Fernandinho when healthy. However, I think Leao will play with (Jadosn-Lucas-Fabulouso) and have Fernandinho as a sub. We are loking very good on paper for the Paulistao! Vamos SAO PAULO!!!!

20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    That's a solid-looking team. I'm glad Jadson is back. Hopefully with LF in top shape, the team will rebound.

I think we had to go through a rough period to rebuild. Granted, with a bit more points, we would be in the Libertadores. But we'll be back. Let's hope for either the Copa do Brasil or the Brasileirão!

21. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea we have a very solid team. Key is for Fabiano to stay healthy. He finished last year on good form and I can only hope he continues to grow. With Lucas now being 19 and with a full year playing for the starting team, he's going to need to raise his game to another level and I think he will. Cortes was a monster signing and hopefully one or two other signings will pan out.

22. Bandeirante_SPFC

Nov 15, 2005
    Sao Paulo, SP
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good news! São Paulo is talking with Villarreal for Nilmar.

http://www.dgabc.com.br/News/5937743/negociando-com-nilmar-sao-paulo-reserva-camisa-11.aspx

----------Rogério Ceni----------
    ----Rhodolfo---------Breno?----
    --Piris------------------Cortês--
    ------Casemiro-----Denilson-----
    -------------------Jadson------
    ----Lucas----------------------
    -------Nilmar?------------------
    --------------Luis Fabiano------

23. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    That would be a very, VERY competitive team. Hopefully Nilmar and Breno do return and gel with the others - we'll be the top contender for Copa do Brasil, given that several other strong teams will not participate as they'll be in the Libertadores (which, I admit, is where I'd rather be).

And yesterday we won 4-0, against Botafogo-SP. They are not the strongest opposition, but we were not at full strength.

An exciting start to 2012. I would be very surprised if we do not win at least one title this year - for the first six months, I want Copa do Brasil.

24. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm hoping we sign Nilmar. If that happens, we would have the quarteto Magico. (Nilmar, Luis Fabiano, Lucas, Jadson).

If we don’t win any tournaments this year with this current squad it will be another under-achieving year. Being in the Libertadores next year is a must and I finally appreciate what the front office has been doing. Spending the money and bringing in top notch talent to compete.

Great win yesterday.