Ryan Laursen at Odense BK

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Ryan seem to be on his way to MLS ... Colorado Rapids, DC United and Los Angeles FC all seem to be interested in him, I guess manily because he won't count as a foreigner :
    https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/medie-mls-klubber-lurer-paa-ob-back/

To be honest ... so far Ryan has been an ok average mid-table Superliga right back ... and the Superliga is not really that good at developing full-backs for export ....

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Ryan did not move to MLS but scored the only goal for OB Odense when they got trashed 1-6 by league leaders FC København yesterday ...

Extended highlights :

... or should I rather say that Ryan and OB almost single-handedly got beaten by the most talented player in the Danish Superliga, Robert Skov, who made a hattrick and an assist and now has managed to make 5 assists and score 21 goals in 21 games in the Superliga so far this season, playing as a right winger ... Skov is was also the 2nd most scoring of all players from all countries in the U-21 Euro-19 qualifiers behind the Polish striker Dawid Kownacki.

I have never before seen a winger as talented as Robert Skov in the Superliga and he is at least as good at set pieces (if not better) than Christian Eriksen, so a player to look out for in the near future. Here is also his two goals in the last FCK winter friendly 2-0 win against New York City 2 weeks ago :

Winoman repped this.
  4. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's still at Odense. Started today and had an assist. Odense are 3rd (a distant 3rd) in the Danish Superliga.

BostonRed and Winoman repped this.