Russian clubs in the Asian Champions League

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Rusich, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Only in the same way that Mexican clubs play at Libertadores.

They could give ONE spot to PLAYOFFs and see what could happen next.

But sounds too ilogical at that point. Anyway, I would like it...and some said,I think they would get out at groups. No that they aren't good, but I think Japanese,Koreans and Saudi clubs have more punch.

2. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    This summer, FC Tom will play an international football friendly match against the Korean or Chinese club in Tomsk.

In early July, can be held in Tomsk in the first hundred years of history of local football international match. Rival club will be from Korea or China. The choice is due to the presence of direct flights from Seoul and Beijing to Novosibirsk, as well as bonds coach Valery Nepomnyastchy working in these countries.

- This meeting will help promote football to Siberia, and will show that the city is ready to take serious games of international level, - explained Stepanov(meneger FC Tom) correspondent "Sport-Express".

3. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
  4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    What does this tell us? That Asian Russian clubs can make the grade in Europe. So why bother with Asia at all?

5. zawlinmoe

zawlinmoe New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    This is quite an interesting question. A seperate Siberian footballing entity could be conceivable and indeed even possible. The Russian FA would have to maintain overall control but 2 seperate leagues makes a fair bit of sense. It would be revolutionary and unique but then what country is more unique than Russia? Playing in the AFC Champions League however... that would be a big step.

ps. UK is one country with 4 football federations. They are not 4 seperate countries.

6. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Depends entirely on what your definition of a country is.

7. Grim13

Grim13 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Not at all.

In UK there are 4 different countries united under 1 Kingdom. They have their flags, their laws, their borders etc

On the contrary in Russia, Siberia or Vladivostok or Sakhalin and other places that are in Asia, they are all part of Russia. They belong to Russia, like Dover belongs to England or Paris belongs to France for example.

When it was the USSR the situation was like UK, when many countries like Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarusia etc were united under a common Goverment and system.

8. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Is there not already a football entity for Siberia?

In the UK for example, there are numerous English FA's such as North Riding, East Riding with there own leagues that all in a long process feed into one system. The clubs report to them, and the local FA's report to the English FA.

This sytem is now taking place in Thailand. But none of this suddenly says they aren't part of the Thai FA system. All it does is give better organisation and a proper football pyramid, or at least a better understanding of where you stand in the pyramid.

9. zawlinmoe

zawlinmoe New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I mean something more than that. The Catalunyans in SPain were considering something like this not so long ago. A seperate Catalunyan league and national team. If something happened like that in Russia, we could see maybe an Eastern league that competes in Europe and a Western league that competes in Asia. The difficulty would be the national team I suppose as I don't see a seperate Siberian national team. Ofcourse all this is theoretical.

10. zawlinmoe

zawlinmoe New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I mean in its purely political definition. An internationally recognised sovereign nation state. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is an example of a country.

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The problem is that you will always get one team that wants to be different. Not long ago, a team, I forget there name, played in the Russian top flight but were about 8 hours away from Moscow and practiclly on China's doorstep. But there is more money in the East for them to want to be part of it.

I think a better route for them would be to try and revive the old A3 Cup under the EAFF umberella, so they can send teams into a tournament with Chinese, Japanese and Korean champions. A short and sweet tournament but a start.

But lets face it, as it stands nothing will happen, FIFA wouldn't accept it and if they did everyone loves it until these Russian teams win. When they win trophies everyone would want them out.

12. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    We recently appeared in Russia is another reason to go to Siberia clubs in the AFC. The new President of the Russian Football Union wants to transfer all football leagues in the system of Autumn - Spring (always played by the system of Spring - Autumn, a break in the league now, from 3 to 5 months). The transition should take place in 2012 according to plan this idiot). For the Siberian clubs and their fans this will be a very tough test (will have to play at a temperature of -20-30 degrees Celsius). Their salvation may be in the AFC.

13. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The UK isn't a nation-state, its a multi nation state. We can quibble about if it is 1 country or 4, but it is definitely 4 nations.