Russian clubs in the Asian Champions League

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Rusich, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Do you think that clubs from Siberia, who now play in the Russian Premier League, the First and Second Division will unite in a single Siberian League. Total 8-12 clubs will be able to reduce the cost of long-distance flights and will be able to spend more on infrastructure. Two or three of the best club to play in the Asian Champions League.
    Here is a list of possible participants (a place in this season):
    1 Tom Tomsk (RPL 7 th)
    2 Sibir Novosibirsk (RPL 16 th and Final Cup of Russia 16 may Zenit-Sibir)
    3 Irtysh Omsk (1 Division 7 th)
    4 SKA-Energiya Khabarovsk (1 division 17 place)
    5 Luch-Energiya Vladivostok (1 division 18 place and 1 / 4 Cup of Russia)
    6 Dynamo Barnaul (2 divisions)
    7 Metallurg-Yenisey Krasnoyarsk (2 divisions)
    8 Metallurg-Kuzbass Novokuznetsk (2 divisions)
    +There are 8 clubs in the Siberian 2 Division

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    In answer to your question.....no.

Let's only talk about this once Russia is part of the AFC

3. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Well, a small UK has 4 national championships. In Russia, the distance between FC Baltika and FC Luch Vladivostok 11000 km. Surely FIFA would not allow us to have 2 championships: one in the UEFA and one (for the Siberian clubs) in the AFC

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The UK is four countries, Russia is one country.

Can you really imagine a Russian team playing in Asian competition one year and then deciding the next not to play?

Maybe you need to do research on the Asian game first because there are many more Asian countries who want to play ACL first which don't, so Russia are a long way behind in the order process

5. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    I am interested in the view of Asian fans. I think that not even the most powerful Russian clubs from Asian part of Russia (Sibir, Tom, Irtysh, and others) can have a positive impact on football in Asia.

6. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    So your telling me that you don't think they would have a postive impact on the Asian game? So why you trying to put them into the ACL?

If anything, the Asian game needs something that can be built on, not something that doesn't do anything for the Asian game, which is what your telling me. So who benefits, just Russia.

7. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    This will never happen. There is currently an OFC team playing in Australia's domestic league (Wellington Phoenix). They're not even eligible to play in the ACL (if they win the spot it goes to the runner up), and the AFC still wants them kicked out.

No way in hell AFC lets a whole national league from another confederation become involved. The only way this would happen was if (a) Siberia broke away from Russia politically, was admitted to FIFA and joined the AFC (no chnce) or (b) Russia left UEFA and joined AFC (even more unlikely).

8. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Assuming that FIFA will make an exception for Russia and allowed to play in European competition and the Asian Cups, then your club will be interesting to play against Tom or Sibir?

9. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Look, it's not going to happen, so there's no real debate.

10. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    You this would not be worse. FC Sibir got into the League of Europe and in August, can play with Liverpool or MC. You'll cry, you do not want to fly to the edge of the world.

11. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is no way this can/will happen. Maybe a Siberian club or two might want to play in the Chinese, Korean or Japanese leagues, but even then they won't qualify to play in the ACL or even AFC Cup.

12. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    It would be interesting, whether it can happen or not.

13. tpjkevin

tpjkevin Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Haha, impossible. They might have a chance taking part in the "cosmopolitan" Singapore Cup, that's all.

14. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Why can not, you have very low competition compared to the UEFA clubs competitions. Need to raise the level of competition. I saw a few matches FC Bunyodkor Tashkent in ALC. I can say that very little power struggles and low speed, even very old Rivaldo stood out from the rest. I can assure you that the uzbeks would be very difficult to play even in Russia First Division (second level).

15. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    A national seccesion is more unlikely than a football federation change...wut? :D

But yeah, Russia isn't part of the AFC and so it's impossible for them to join the ACL when there are many more nations who want to.

16. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Well, what I mean is that I can't see any situation where Russia decides it's better to be part of AFC than UEFA. I mean, UEFA is the bomb.

I guess I can see at some point that Siberia might secede, unlikely though it is.

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Why would Asian clubs want to fly to the edge of Siberia? They would cry aswell!

18. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    I'm not saying that Russia has withdrawn from UEFA or Siberia to join China. I say that Russia was in the UEFA Cups and in the AFC Cups. Russia is the largest country in the world. Russia is divided between Europe and Asia almost half. In our 1 Division distances between the clubs reach 10,000 km and 9 time zones. For example, FC Luch Vladivostok for season 2010 will fly a distance of about 130000 km, excluding the Russian Cup and training camps.
    The Russian national team will play in the UEFA zone. Spartak, CSKA, Zenit, Lokomotiv Moscow, Dynamo, Rubin and other clubs from the European part will be like and now play in European competition. Tom, Siberia, Luch and other clubs of the Asian part to play in Asian competitions. Sibir Novosibirsk in season 2010 \ 2011 will play in the League Europe. English, Spanish, French and other European clubs are lucky enough to fly to Novosibirsk will be shocked!

19. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    For the japanese, Siberia closer than Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

20. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    So Qatar and KSA are closer to Europe than they are to Japan, so should they play in European competition?

21. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Siberia in Asia. Why should they play in EuroCups?

22. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Prior to 1867 Alaska belonged to Russian Empire. If Alexander 2 is not sold it to the americans, perhaps a club, for example, Dynamo Alaska would play in the championship of Russia. And if it took place in the top-six, it would have ended up in European Cups, but it's absurd that the club of America has played in European competition. So why is not it absurd that teams from Asia to play in Europe.

23. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
  24. stat redded

stat redded Red Card

Jan 30, 2006
  25. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club: