Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think 12 moscow time (noon)

2. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yup, it's noon Moscow time. It says so in the first round confirmation emails.

3. Michael Davies

Everton FC
    Wales
    Nov 5, 2017
    I am thinking of applying for a ticket for match 11 in Moscow June 17th,
    I already have all 4 group games in St Petersburg,so if successful in FCFS,will look at booking a train,looked at prices,the fast train is approx $50 each way,I think that with a Fan ID you can get free train tickets,going out of St Petersburg early morning,game is at 6pm local time,then catching the return train either after the match or early morning.Website is tickets.transport2018.com
    I don't know if this website allows you the "fast train " for free,or just the slower train.

4. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I was looking too and so far fast trains are not showing there... I hope we can take them otherwise this free train offer is borderline useless for me

5. Crypto Nemo

Crypto Nemo New Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Is it possible to return some tickets to FIFA? Got a bit too much since it seems this WC is less popular as prevoius. I don't mind selling for face value but it is a hassle.

6. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The key is knowing when the queue will be open... will it be 30 mins prior?

7. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe if you return for possible resell, they keep 10% of the sale(face value)

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I love it when touts out themselves [emoji23] Whose moderating here?

rafael_mia, gaorozcoo and Stuckin1au repped this.
  9. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Russiantraintickets.com

But they are technically resellers as train schedules are not normally released this early I believe

mazinio repped this.
  10. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I just checked. This website charges 2 to 3 times more than the normal price that i could get from a russian website (a friend translated to me) and ure right. Booking only available 2 months in advance only..

11. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That’s how you rip off people you hedge your bets. Probably have a deal in place at pre determined price higher than average in advance to secure blocks of seats at remarkably reseller higher price. Everybody wins except the commuter

mazinio repped this.
  12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

The portal is now closed and pending applications were still pending when I checked just prior to portal closing.

Screenshot_20171113-101059.jpg

13. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I think there was different types of FREE trains for CC2017, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Maybe not the fastest ones...

Official site of Russian Railways: https://rzd-online.ru So far I can see that tickets till January are available only. Up to 60 days. There are plans to increase that limit to 120 days at the end of this year.

Will be happy to help with you (and everyone else) with Russian sites, translations and any other necessary assistance. I try to read all topics, but feel free to contact me directly if I will miss something. Amigos :)

14. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thaaaanks !

15. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    That's very nice of you.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Can somebody show me a link to proof of the FCFS opening time? People are saying 16th of November at noon Moscow time but I can't see any official reference to this.

Also to confirm, if I want to see a specific team, I'm only really interested in TST tickets (assuming they are available) in FCFS phase 1? Otherwise I will have to wait until phase 2 (after the official draw)?

17. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    BuddhaWake repped this.
  18. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
  19. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It depends on which team. If you are one of the 'only interested in the final' brigade then you will struggle to get a TST7 now.

20. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    I applied for TST4 in the random phase 1

21. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Yes. You might have to buy a TST5 or TST6 though if you are trying for Australia again. According to this http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/ticket-demand.html they were in less demand. But some people said that if you tick the box to receive a lower category for tickets that it also applied to receiving a TST of fewer matches, meaning they could all be gone in the Random Selection #1.

Still I would book flights and everything as soon as you know if Australia have qualified (Wednesday night) and then go for individual tickets in the Random Selection #2 and then the last minute sales because you will be able to get them.

22. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    A friend of mine used his dad's card to purchase the tickets. So I think there won't be a problem to use a card with a different name from the main applicant.

23. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    "The delivery of Tickets will not be possible for:

(i) Tickets purchased after 3 April, 2018;

(ii) Conditional Supporter Tickets and Team Specific Ticket Series for any of the Round of 16 Matches, Quarter Final Matches, Semi Final Matches and the Final Match"

So I believe these tickets won't be sent by mail.

24. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If it is Australia then TST5 was green when it closed so they might well be available.

25. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    #2200 Stu_Lee, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Let me clear the air here...
    I promise I am no tout... I made friends on these forums for the last Euro and last World Cup and also traded/sold tickets with no problems...... part of the problem was that I applied without fully understanding how TST7 worked. I thought once the team was out of the group stage, then I would just be left with the final (thats what I get for not reading thoroughly). I didnt figure out that I would get all of these other matches until after I got allocated, and I honestly didnt imagine getting the Morocco result I needed. I got lucky.......it happens to some of us sometimes .....im sorry....

I had other plans for my travel during the tournament which is why I had all these questions about the extra tickets. Since then, I have been re-working my plans.

So to those that gave me a hard time, rest assured the tickets will not go to waste one way or another..... I am sorry if I got anybody upset..... I just didnt fully think my situation through and needed to ask a bunch of stupid questions before I figured it all out. I was still in disbelief at my luck and probably wasnt thinking clearly. I have nothing but good intentions.