Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2151 BMfutbol16, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    1st,3rd and 4th follow the same route and 2nd is its own separate route.

Remember, one groups 1st Route is another groups 2nd Route. So I see how this is doable.

holado repped this.
  2. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    It is feasible. They have algorithims for this and allocate a minimum and maximum % of seats in each stadium that would have to be reserved for this in any particular scenario. Which is also why closer to the time of the matches they know how many extra tickets they have available to sell as 'last minute' (along with returned VIP/Sponsors etc.)

holado repped this.
  3. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is from the FAQ TST section on the FIFA site:

TICKETS RECEIVED PER TST SERIES

If your team does not progress to this stage in the tournament

Round of 16 Match

A Ticket for the Round of 16 Match to follow the winner of your teams group.

holado repped this.
  4. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I just saw this... so now I wonder... what happens if they lose in the next round?

5. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As the group stage tickets and Final is in a known location for a TST7. FIFA will send you those tickets and a voucher for R16/QF/Semi obviously until the draw you won’t know the path for Morocco.

6. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Oh wait.. so the final IS mailed along with the group stage tickets???? I did not know this.....

7. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    You stay in that bracket (as you are already in that bracket, where else would you go anyway?). You aren't really thinking before posting are you?

hearts123 repped this.
  8. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I know I just figured it out... I type too quickly... sorry for my ignorance!

9. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Going by previous cups and responses from reliable BS members the final is delivered with the group matches if you have a TST7

Stu_Lee and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  10. holado

holado Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Europe
    Thanks! The FAQ site was more specific than the ticketing site. And it does make sense that other groups the path kind of counters the problem because it is reverse path there.

11. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    So, you are the one making it harder for others to get tickets to the games you are "skipping". Pretty selfish.

BocaFan, Ric_Braz and Forzabarca repped this.
  12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

There is one easy way to perhaps single out touts in this forum from those that perhaps aren't touts. Aside from checking when they joined the forum one can check where they post... If it's just in ticket forums then you can keep a eye on them.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  13. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Has anyone seen what tickets are going to be available in this next FCFS phase? As I recall, it was pretty limited 4 years ago, like no final, semifinal, etc.

14. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    It will be all of the unallocated tickets - ie - tickets that have not been specifically reserved for the qualified nation allocations and hospitality.
    FCFC is a decent stage to apply for tickets (in terms of availability) because the matches are not decided until after the draw. Lots of people just wait until they know the exact match details before applying.
    If you were turned down for a ticket for a match in phase 1, it means that match has been sold out for the unallocated tickets.

Another thing to note, however, is in FCFS in phase 2, tickets become available as the resale window will have opened and some of the qualified nations will return tickets. Also, for the new stadia, they will know exactly how many seats they can fit in so will release more accordingly.

15. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    So, in other words, if you applied for high demand tickets in the lottery, and did not get them, those tickets will not be available in this FCFS? Where did you see this?

16. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Does anyone have the ticket availability chart link handy? The site that shows the potential availability for each match, by category. Thanks.

17. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don’t think there’ll be a ton of good knockout round games available, IMO it’ll be runoff from this past draw phase (maybe unclaimed tickets or ones that are available now due to recent qualifier results). I’ll be looking for semifinal or final tickets, but I’m not optimistic

18. massi83

massi83 Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Congrats on creating a lose-lose-situation. You don't save anything compared to buying the ticket from black market. The tst-7 will probably be more expensive than just the final AND there will be empty seats in R16, QF and SF.

Just sell your tst-7 back to people who care about those games and buy final from black market if that is all you care about

BocaFan and Ric_Braz repped this.
  19. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
  20. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Its the way it has worked in the past in my experience. Have applied for tickets since 2006.
    A good thing to watch, however, is the FCFS once the resale window opens up because people return tickets on a continuous basis
    Also, it is worth getting it touch with a tour operators (Thomas Cook etc). They sometimes disaggregate their individual tickets from their tour packages if they are not selling well.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  21. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
  22. Andresfcalderon

Andresfcalderon New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Utah

Hey fellow Parceros,

Any update? I applied for TST4 Cat 2 for Colombian and it still shows as pending.

23. gaorozcoo

gaorozcoo New Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Nothing. But what is weird is that I have not heard about a single Colombian application being successful

24. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Russian amigos, help please
    Where can i book a fast train between st petersburg and moscow ? Is their any website in english ?
    And do the fan id allows us to take this fadt train (i think it is 3h30) or it only civers the normal slow trains ?
    And do u advice fast trains or flights ?
    Many thanks

25. diegomaradona1010

Sep 16, 2017
    What time will tickets begin to go on sale on November 16 (Moscow time)?