Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I regard that story as a good thing. Assuming the reporting is right, it suggests at least a couple of things. The fact that Aeroflot has "apologized," almost certainly means that someone got a phone call or a visit. The idea that it wasn't intentional is silly, and they are being allowed to save face. But what this likely means is that someone somewhere with power in Russia is hyper-sensitive to avoiding bad publicity and to trying to ensure the logistics of the event go relatively smoothly. It would be nice to get some media light shined on the fact that there has been zero information about tickets and that all the major hotel chains seems to be holding back all of their rooms. Maybe it would actually make things start to move forward a bit.

Araujo repped this.
  2. Araujo

Araujo Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jan 28, 2010
    I made a few searches at Aeroflot's website and internal flights during the WC period were taken off.

3. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
  4. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Yep I just checked the Aeroflot website and get a server error for my specified dates now.

Araujo repped this.
  5. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flights from LAX to Moscow from 6/15 - 7/16 are $785 round trip... i'm tempted to pull the trigger.

6. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Seems to be a technical issue. I work in the travel industry, and from about June 10 on their key domestic routes to WC cities, they are showing no seats.

7. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    they simply blocked those dates. at certain point they will release the flights, probably with prices adjusted to the big event

8. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Eventually will be more expensive, but I'm sure they are working on a new flight schedule during those weeks, in other words, they will add more flights as long they have enough aircrafts.

9. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    yepp, that is very probable!

10. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    cant believe its been over 3 years ago since I last searched for tickets this should be interesting.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Exactly 4 years since the first phase of ticket sales opened for WC 2014. Yet not a single mention of the ticket process on the FIFA website this time around.

12. AlAldoPele

AlAldoPele New Member

Jun 1, 2014
    HitherThither
    Glad to see that @Scorpyn78 will have some time to himself in the build up to next years World Cup. He helped a tonne of folks last time around. He deserves a few pirozhkis in Russia.
    Some of the old names bring back memories again. Even met a BS member at a game in Brazil. Maybe meet a few more this time around. Probably will head out to Moscow for the Last 16 onwards.

wixson7 repped this.
  13. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Non hospitality tickets on sale after the draw right? That's what I read on one of the sites... which is weird cause if you don't random sell tickets before the draw doesn't that mean games with rank #32 vs rank #24 whose fans don't travel well will end up selling like only 1000 of 30000 tickets?

14. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Draw in December..... I mean

15. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I imagine that's exactly what will happen. Possibly bigger cities like Moscow and Saint Petersburg will sell well regardless, but I can't imagine too many neutrals paying such high prices to see the lower ranked teams.

16. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I guess it would be good to fill the stadium with citizens of the host country

17. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would think quite the opposite as I have found people who have traveled a distance and go to the greater effort tend to enjoy the match more and support one or other of the teams. As in Germany the locals wore their national strip, sang German songs and seemed fairly uninterested in who was playing. The Brazilians were really only interested in their own nation as well.

18. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's true, but just saying from an economical/ fairness stand point. The host country should provide its citizens with a chance to see the games and not have them be 2nd to international visitors.

Being in the stands of the confederation's cup final was fun. Weirdly a lot of the Russians were Germany fans, but it was also evident that Chile was the adopted majority favorite. The Russian fans seemed excited and enthusiastic in their support for both teams, but maybe because it was the final.

19. Luke_t

Luke_t Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Many familiar faces/names on here. Four years on, and nothing changes, we are left second guessing FIFA. Different world, and different host nation to four years ago. I am sure tickets will be easier to come by. I hope so even though I did pretty well last time, it was not easy.

Hello once again.

wixson7 repped this.
  20. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The Russians definitely are not as soccer crazy as the Brazilians/ South Americans were. Russia is a little bit more isolated from the other football crazy countries on the continent (European side). So I agree tickets will be easier to get. There was low sales for the confederation cup. I don't think there were really any sold out games.

21. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    albeit a super match like for example an argentina vs. portugal in group stage, most fans should find it more accessible than ever to get tickets.

Valcke allegedly also pocketed many of the tickets and manipulated sales during the last phase, and likely others before him did as well. I hope for the sake of not stressing out like last time, that this time around sales will be smoother something I did notice when browsing for confederations cup tickets.

22. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FIFA may regret this delayed ticket decision when they are trying to sell Peru v Cape Verde Islands or Saudi v Burkina Faso. The complete inertia from FIFA, Russian Hotels and Aeroflot on internal flights really does beggar belief with 9 months to go.

23. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    there must be reason for that! I still think they will start with tickets this month

24. Luke_t

Luke_t Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Russians know their stuff. I went to champions league final in Moscow. They were clued up and clearly loved hosting it. Part of the reason I am not worried to attend next year

25. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Still no updates on flights yet . Some flights on Aeroflot available days after WC games in host cities, but not leading up or on. Frustrating but everyone is in the same boat.