Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here we go again!

Planning to visit with a group of friends this time around. I hope I can meet a few BS old-timers there!

Before anyone asks, no plans of writing an app. Too much stress. I am hoping to get most of the tickets I need in the draws. But then again, who isn't! Let's see.

Best of luck to everyone!

2. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nice to see you back my friend @scorpion78

3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's if they get aroudd to doing a draw. I would suggest you just go ahead with issuing tickets on their behalf as you have been more efficient than them over the last couple of WCs.

meior mordi and Stuckin1au repped this.
  4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ain't that the truth

5. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The whole gang is back! Welcome back - the man solely responsible for getting 80% of us into the matches.

Federico Insua and Stuckin1au repped this.
  6. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Likewise! Here is more of those stressful, tiring, frustrating but eventually fruitful days!

Yeah surprised there has been no ticketing update from FIFA for quite a while!

Thanks! Good to be back. Best of luck to all of us.

mkdaman1818 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  7. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    this will be fun .... once again :D

Federico Insua and mkdaman1818 repped this.
  8. Oziman

Oziman New Member

Barcelona
    Germany
    Aug 1, 2017
    Thanks for the invite. Excited to be part of the journey. :)

9. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    I read in a Brazilian newspaper that the tickets will be on sale in September. I hope it's true, but I don't think that's a really accurate information because FIFA is unusually silent regarding this issue and we already had a Russian organizing committee member affirming that the tickets will be on sale on December,after the draw...

10. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Araujo beat you to this on July 25th. I pressume it is the same article. Having booked 3 flights and two hotels I am a little concerned that Fifa's complete lack of interest and communication is unaturaly strange.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Looking back at the last World Cup, it was announced on 20 July that the first phase of ticket sales would begin on 20 August. So they gave themselves exactly one month to promote the first ticket sales phase.

Going by that timeline would imply that an opening phase beginning in September this year is still realistic. But we would have to hear something in the next few days.

12. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    I think they had to do it last time since the whole media information kit leaked (it was shortly visible on the FIFA website) and that one included all information about the tickets

13. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I seem to remember also it kept being put back but the difference this time is that there is no reference to what and when which does seem odd as even a little message stating they are working on the date and hope to let people know soon would help.

14. Federico Insua

Independiente
    Argentina
    Jan 30, 2014
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey, great to see you back man. Your flight is like mine, from Buenos Aires it is also 18+ hours at least with a stopover as well.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  15. Federico Insua

Independiente
    Argentina
    Jan 30, 2014
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Extremely happy to know you will be making it this time around Scorpyn. I still owe you BIG for my family and I had an amazing WC 2014. Best of luck, Im sure all of us BS old-timers here are determined enough to get most all of the tickets we need out of the draw or the FCFS.

Scorpyn78 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. Federico Insua

Independiente
    Argentina
    Jan 30, 2014
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im starting to see everyone coming back again to post and its getting my juices flowing again. Im getting all these flashbacks, its like just now seeing all you guys here, it seems Rusia 2018 is now really starting. This ticketing phase is a thrilling not-to-be-missed roller coaster!

17. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Once it starts, of course.

18. Rodrigo Rodrigues

Rodrigo Rodrigues New Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hello folks, glad to see you guys here. I´ve discovered this forum days ago. So, nice to see you all and hope to see some of you in Russia. I started to plan my trip to WC18 this week and sure the information shared here will be very valuable.
    Already booked the hotel in Moscow between 7/5 and 7/16/18 and looking for airline tickets (probably will use miles).

Best regards.

19. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #119 samconnie, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    flight booked from toronto, used miles 90k, going coach coming back biz, tax $400. so exicited.

20. Araujo

Araujo Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jan 28, 2010
    Booked from Brazil with TAP (miles), biz GIG-LIS coach LIS-DME. But at the moment there is no more LIS-DME with miles after June 9th (TAP).

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Damn! Canada has some insane airport taxes!

22. Rodrigo Rodrigues

Rodrigo Rodrigues New Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hummm... what dates please? I´d like to use Lufthansa/Turkish biz to flight there in July...

23. Araujo

Araujo Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jan 28, 2010
    Just sent you a DM to avoid flooding.

24. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really cool to see a bunch of familiar names from the Brazil-2014 ticketing threads. And I would say none better to see than @Scorpyn78 who did so much for so many of us! Looking forward to another great few months ahead of getting tickets to the matches we want to attend!

Scorpyn78 repped this.
  25. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait to start the ticketing frenzy all over! I've been doing it since Germany! Can't wait! But, Is @Scorpyn78 serious about not working on an app?