Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think the train journey is 3.5 hours between those cities, and this is excellent news. The internal flights for Brazil were pretty expensive as you said, hoping the train network drives competition with the flights and keeps prices affordable

2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've already been pleasantly surprised how reasonable air fares are for next year bearing in mind the last two WCs where the proiteering in places was just emabarrassing.

3. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's 8+ hours from the couple I met in Saint Petersburg. That's an overnight train. There may be a fast train. There's probably multiple arrival Ike's. In this instance their options were overnight sleeper arriving 8am or fast train where u arrive at 3am they said

4. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Stuckin1au repped this.
  5. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    I don't know if that will be possible. As I'm pretty focused on attending the Semis and the final, my reservations are exacly on this period.

BocaFan repped this.
  6. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    I already booked a high-speed train from St. Petersburg to Moscow during the semis. 3.5 hours,leaving 9am.

Araujo repped this.
  7. Araujo

Araujo Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jan 28, 2010
    I made two hotel bookings in St. Petersburg at the same hotel (from 21st to 25th and from 24th to 28th). As soon as I find out when Brazil will play in Moscow at the 1st phase, I will cancel one of the bookings and book the train...

8. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hi @jesta I'm still debating about going or buying a house. The head says house the heart says both and get smaller house. Nice to see a few friendly names on here again. The ticketing phase is the preamble to the big dance. The sweaty palms as you constantly refresh your online bank account praying and hoping fifa rob your account of thousands of dollars and then the anxious wait of please please let the tickets be all that I hoped for especially the final at Cat 3 lol.

9. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Where did you book? I'm still waiting to see how the free train service will work, as apparently they say that free trains will be offered for anyone with Fan IDs/tickets

Stuckin1au repped this.
  10. Araujo

Araujo Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jan 28, 2010
    The official website is http://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en and they sell tickets 60 days in advance. At https://www.russiantrains.com/ you can buy (more expensive) tickets for the World Cup period.

11. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I wonder if the high-speed trains will also be free for ticket-holders, or does the deal only apply for the slow trains?

13. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    I don't know the answer to that. That's why I already booked. With free cancellation also.

14. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

I think i do that too, if i am to see the back to back semi, fast train at 9am to moscow is worth it for $50 single trip, also if its free you will have thousands of fans fighting for a ride

15. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If it's like the confeds cup, prebooking would be required.

16. Nuri13

Nuri13 Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 27, 2017
    Hey Guys,

I am flying to Russia like some of you. There is any formula to be able purchase tickets on Fifa system? at the lottery or FCFS phase?

Any tip will do, Thank you :)

17. Araujo

Araujo Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jan 28, 2010
    BocaFan and rooboy91 repped this.
  18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    BocaFan and rooboy91 repped this.
  19. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    #94 jesta, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    hey! yes great, most of usual suspects easily start to log in again :D

I decided some time ago that Brazil will be my last World Cup, mostly because nearly everyone from my travel group think we are too old to continue ... but hell yes, temptation is high and travel to Russia isn't that expensive from here.

We'll see, there are still 10 months left, I can't guarantee anything, and whatever happens in the end, we will at least enjoy ticketing as we always do :inlove:

mkdaman1818 repped this.
  20. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If it was a short jump from Oz I'd go in a heartbeat but alas it's not. However like you said 10 months is long time and with the connections we have it's well doable

21. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Luis how many hours is the flight from where you are to moscow? 12 hours from toronto, Mr Fisher has to fly extra 5 from BC.

22. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    For me it is Adelaide to Dubai 13hrs then Dubai to Moscow 5.5hrs with a 4hr stopover flying Emirates for 2.6k price.

mkdaman1818 repped this.
  23. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Good to see the old lot back for another round! Living in the US I'm almost certainly going to Russia this time round, looking forward to it!

Stuckin1au repped this.
  24. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Booking at a site like this doesn't really guarantee you anything unfortunately. They take the orders and wait to fulfill them when the seats open up 60 days in advance, but it's still the same risk as booking it yourself when the 60 day window opens. They just get 3 times the price for doing so.

25. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia