Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felipao~

Felipao~ Member

Apr 25, 2007
    What will be the exact name and domicile of the merchant that charges the credit card in case of application success? My visa card security has become ridiculous with layers of verification, I just want to make sure it doesn't get declined...

2. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong but you can't apply for pot 2 teams. Pot 2 teams will be assigned randomly to positions 2,3 and 4. IOW, if a pot 2 team gets drawn into Group A there will be a subsequent draw to determine their position: A2, A3 or A4.

noar1985 and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  4. Crocodile Gena

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This WC is different that preview ones. From Wikipedia:

For the draw, the teams will be allocated to four pots based on the FIFA World Rankings of October 2017. Pot 1 will contain the hosts Russia (which will be automatically assigned to Position A1) and the best seven teams, Pot 2 will contain the next best eight teams, and so on for Pots 3 and 4. This will be different from previous draws, where only Pot 1 was based on FIFA Rankings while the remaining pots were based on geographical considerations. Same as previous editions, teams from the same confederation will not be drawn against each other for the group stage, except for UEFA where each group can contain up to two teams.

5. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Robert Lewandowski

Stuckin1au repped this.
  6. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    because they must never meet russia, they dont like each other

Stuckin1au repped this.
  7. rafaelrr

rafaelrr New Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    You are wrong, we are only sure tha Pot 1 will be in position 1. The tam in pont 2 doesn't mean that will be in position 2. This is going to be assigned randomly too.

NickK repped this.
  8. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. Poland plays fewer friendlies than Spain. Friendlies are detrimental to one’s FIFA Ranking.
    2. Spain’s dismal performances the last two tournaments set them back.
    3. Poland benefitted from an easy draw in WCQs.

Fussball_eh and Stuckin1au repped this.
  9. Crocodile Gena

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Regarding declined credit/debit card charges, here is what happened last time (from the 2014 ticketing thread):

"i called up Citicards two weeks ago giving them the heads up and i got the same email this morning. I told them to authorize the transaction. i sent FIFA a message through their "contact us" section in the "MY ticketing account"

within the hour i received this message from FIFA:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting FIFA Ticketing Centre.

There will be an automatic second attempt to charge the card. In order to authorise payments from FIFA in foreign countries please inform your bank as soon as possible about the following information. The currency will be in USD, the payee name is FIFA World Cup Ticketing and country the payment will be requested from is Switzerland. If FIFA is not able to charge the nominated payment card, the Ticket application will be automatically rejected.

The status of your Ticket Application will be communicated to you by email by 10th November 2013. The next opportunity to purchase Tickets for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ will commence on 11 November 2013and concludes 28 November 2013"

Araujo and Stuckin1au repped this.
  12. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Cheers for that info I personally know of some people where the second attempt was rejected for fraud even after the phone call to the bank asking for it to be cleared. Always thought some person at the bank call centre did it on purpose cause they had bombed out on the FIFA lottery already lol

13. Crocodile Gena

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got it. The media has been reporting that Pot 2 teams would be placed in position 2, Pot 3 teams in position 3, and Pot 4 teams in position 4... but they may very well be wrong. I haven't seen any details on the FIFA site.

Example: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ts-date-start-time-rules-format-a3651681.html

Hosts Russia and the top seven others teams will be in Pot 1, with the lower pots filled accordingly. Russia - A1 - will be joined in Group A by A2 (from pot 2), A3 (from pot 3) and A4 (pot 4).

14. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    I can't imagine this being the case, but who knows, at FIFA nothing can surprise me

15. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    I think I was wrong now, to much hope in my game Pot 1 vs Pot 2, I hope to avoid some team in the pot 4 haha

Let's I am getting super excited now, checking for flight and accommodation

Good luck everybody

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    If you think about it, there's no way that could be true. Just bad reporting by the media. Nothing new about that.

17. Crocodile Gena

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As mentioned in the text, as of today, I'm no longer able to modify my Payment Details on my ticket order. Hopefully this means the ticket draw is coming soon. Looking back to 4 years ago, people started seeing credit card charges on Oct. 29.

18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I also seem to remember the draw was actually slightly delayed because the Brazilians wanted a particular notary to be there in Manchester where the draw was. So possibly we will hear earlier.

19. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Actually, I am thinking that it might be a little later given that the second sales phase starts later this time. So, maybe first week of November?

20. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #745 Marius Tresor, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    In digging through my old e-mail, I found this from April 2009:

"2010 FIFA World Cup South AfricaTM - Ticket Request Acknowledgement

Thank you for applying for 2010 FIFA World Cup South AfricaTMTickets. Your request has been received by the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre (the “FWCTC”).

You have the ability to view the status of your Ticket Application at any time within your customer account, which can be accessed by clicking on the FIFA.com/ Ticketing Page link located on the left hand side of this communication.

Completion and submission of your Ticket Application does not guarantee the availability of Tickets. You will be notified of the status of your Ticket Application by email within three (3) working days following the random selection draw on the 15 April 2009. If your Ticket Application is successful / partially successful, payment in full for your Tickets must be received by the FWCTC before your tickets will be confirmed.

If you have any queries regarding your Ticket Application, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) located within the Ticketing website. If you still have unanswered questions, please contact the FWCTC via the details contained in the Contact section located at the top of this communication.

Yours sincerely,

2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre"

This was for the first phase lottery. FIFA then sent an e-mail letting you know for which tickets you were successful, and if so, that your credit card would be charged in the next few days, which allowed you to notify your credit card issuer in advance. As I recall, 2014 was much less transparent, with no disclosure of the draw date, and no advance notice before credit cards were charged.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More travel, more money for the local economy.

22. Crocodile Gena

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  24. Crocodile Gena

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #749 Crocodile Gena, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    The overnight train between Moscow and Saint Petersburg is way more fun. And also saves you one hotel night!

MyB5, Federico Insua and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  25. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    When and where can I book that train?