Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Not really! Everyone gets them eventually!

Stuckin1au repped this.
  2. Tedesco

Tedesco New Member

Italy
    Oct 16, 2017
    I don't received anyone after 3 different replies. (3 replies for 6 people )
    3 regular numbers.

3. Fussball_eh

Fussball_eh Member

May 26, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What makes you think that?

4. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looking again at the stadium layouts compared with Brazil and there are many more tickets for Cat 2 than there were four years ago and less Cat 1s available.

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I got my email two days ago and the SMS now for an application I did a week ago. So it might take a while. Some got a text several days ago and I doubt they have concluded the random draw. It's wishful thinking that sms means you are allocated tickets.

MyB5 repped this.
  6. Tedesco

Tedesco New Member

Italy
    Oct 16, 2017

Thank you =)

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    hmm... interesting. I did notice that the demand vis a vis the supply for Cat 2 tickets was significantly lower than for Cat 3 tickets.

As a result I only applied for Cat 2 tickets and I'm cautiously optimistic that I will get tickets for 5 out of the 6 matches I applied for (even though they were for Moscow and St. Petersburg).

8. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really doubt there is any correlation between these application notifications and you're likelihood of being selected. I redid my application on the last day and just last night while I was sleeping got the SMS at 1:20 AM PDT. I have yet to receive a confirming email on this second application. This requests does show up on the web site so I know my application has been entered correctly.

On my first application (since cancelled due to USMNT disaster), I received the confirming email shortly after submitting my app but never received an SMS.

I think this inconsistency is just FIFA being FIFA. I'm not going to read anything into it.

Gustavo Fonseca and Stuckin1au repped this.
  9. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    I applied for a special access TST7 on the last five minutes of the applications window and the demand was on "low" (green). Do you guys think I'll win?

Edit: Still haven't received e-mail or SMS from FIFA, but I accessed my account and the application is there "pending".

Stuckin1au repped this.
  10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I hope not [emoji23]

Unless you actually have need for special access, then I apologise [emoji120]

11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

If you guys wanna go to the world cup.. don't apply for Cat 3 just to save money. I applied for Cat1 just to get what I want! To probably see the last proper WC before the scandalous Qatar WC and then the atrocious 48 team WC.

Ric_Braz and Gustavo Fonseca repped this.
  12. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    I have limited mobility, so I'm entitled to apply for this kind of ticket.

What do you think? I have a good chance?

Already booked flights and lodging.

Forzabarca repped this.
  13. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    Yep, I think you should get it if it was green.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Depends on someone's budget though.

If you apply for like 5-7 games its not a big deal if you strike-out on the first match because then you just fly to Russia 3 or 4 days later. At least that's my thinking. :coffee:

It turns into a game because if you apply for all cat 1/2 you could be "too successful" and end up having $5000-6000 charged to your card! :eek: But if you apply to all cat 3 you might pay way less (like $1000) because a) cheaper seats and b) you'll probably be less successful. The challenge for budget-conscience people wanting to attend the last real WC is to try to get somewhere in the middle. I'm hoping for a credit card charge in the range of $2500-3000.

15. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Here’s a handy Pot1-4 picture ignore the relevance to Oz team as the originator is an Oz supporter so obviously skewed. IMG_1755.jpg

16. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Do you get a companion ticket with those seats?

17. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Funnily enough I am a bit disappointed with the new method, which surely will be very complicated to draw, as non of my games include Pot 4 teams and rather happy to miss the European teams and fancied seeing Panama and a few others.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  18. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I did cat 2 this time. Feeling fairly confident.

19. JohnnyEuro

JohnnyEuro Member

Mar 9, 2016
    I prefer a 48 team WC in Canada, the US, and Mexico over Russia 2018 by far
    - especially after the positive experience with the bigger EURO16 tournament.

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am surprised by that because the 48 team tournament is so unwieldy with silly little 3 team groups where teams are knocked out virtually before the thing has started. I thought there were far too many boring teams at the Euros last year and have to say mainly eastern European and really feel bigger is not better. having moaned about all this I challenge you to try and understand what the hell the qualifying for Euro 2020 along with the new UEFA nations League will be like. Can't understand a word of it.

21. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    I received the SMS (France) and two of my friends as well. A dutch friends who applied in Netherlands didn't get the SMS yet.

I am quite confident to say that this SMS doesn't mean you are "winning" a ticket haha

I am personally very sad about the 48 team world cup, when I look at the pot 3 and 4 above 30 % of the team are already not very appealing I cannot imagine with 48 teams... 32 was just the perfect number and competition.

Forzabarca and Ric_Braz repped this.
  22. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    I hope to get some nice tickets (I applied for a lot of pot 1 vs pot 2) let s see what I get

23. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Yes, one complementary ticket for companion.

24. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not neccesarily. With pots 2-4, they draw for positions in the groups. You may get to see some pot 4 teams. Start watching at 5:30:

Ric_Braz repped this.
  25. Fussball_eh

Fussball_eh Member

May 26, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    How is Poland in Pot 1 ?