Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I say again, don't forget this part of the e-mail:

"If all automated attempts made by the FWCTC to take payment for the Tickets allocated to you fail, you will receive an email from the FWCTC with instructions on how to return to your FIFA Ticketing Account and pay online, using the same or a different payment card"

akshay and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  2. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I know I referenced that, the 4th and final chance. But if ANYTHING goes wrong on that last attempt, you're screwed. there is no 5th chance. That's why I want to take care of this now if I can.

3. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also emailed them about my issue and got back a form email reply (probably computer generated) which had nothing to do with my issue. It just had some high level generic information about this sales phase which was already on the web site.

4. Hugo Maron

Hugo Maron Member

Brazil
    Brazil
    Oct 27, 2017
    I would like to joint there... PM me as well... thanks...

5. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    But isn't the "4th chance" an instantaneous payment option (similar to when paying in FCFS phase)??? I thought it was, though maybe I'm wrong. Can someone who used this payment method in the previous phase shed some light on how it worked?

6. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Anyone I missed PM me.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  7. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have said we get 3 tries and there is no 4th attempt. I don't know what you mean by "instantaneous". The first try failed for me because my card was cancelled. The email states there will be a second attempt "during the next five (5) working days", which will also fail. Then the email says "If all automated attempts made by the FWCTC to take payment for the Tickets allocated to you fail, you will receive an email from the FWCTC with instructions on how to return to your FIFA Ticketing Account and pay online, using the same or a different payment card", so that's the 3rd try. I HOPE that will work.

I'd much rather just call them and give them my new credit card info now over the phone, or allow me to update the info on the web site in my profile. But it seems impossible to do either. I guess I have to just wait for this email in a few days time and hope it works.

8. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @BMfutbol16 I tried calling again and went thru all the menu options that had even a remote chance of connecting to a real person with no success again. I even tried pushing 0 at the main menu as sometimes that gets you a rep, but it says that command isn't recognized.

If anybody out there has an alternate number other than the one in the email (+41 44 563 2018) or knows of some way to talk to someone, please let us know. I know there's a few of us in this situation.

9. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What I meant by "instantaneous" is that it gets processed by FIFA straight away, similar to how most online merchants work when making a sale. So you'd know straight away if your payment goes through succesfully or not.

Again, I'm not sure if this is exactly how this part of the process works, though I have a feint memory of someone on here saying that's how they paid last phase.

10. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5460 PabloSanDiego, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    oh ok, I hope so.

A bit of a relief too. I just called my bank again (Chase) and they can see the attempted charge on my old credit card. They can't authorize the next attempt as FIFA's computer is going to use the old number again, but they said the 3rd attempt should be OK as they have all the merchant info and the amount pre-authorized. Fingers crossed.

11. Gane

Gane Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I had the same issue with TST-7 1st round, I thought it was because of the amount th the email and contacted bank and they said Fifa never even made an attempt to charge, 5 business days passed, and same story, then got another email saying that I could pay on my there Fifa account, and logged in and option to cc number appeared. N o use trying to call them or email cc info

12. Gane

Gane Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yes, once you pay through your account, it immediately changes from pending to successful

13. Jtunes1978

Jtunes1978 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Feb 22, 2018
    I applied for Match 7 (Cat 2), Match 17 (Cat 1) and Match 11 (Cat1), zero cc charges and ticket status showing as "pending"...have this horrible feeling that it didn't break my way. Worst yet, my two traveling companions previously secured tickets in earlier rounds so if I don't secure tix in the FCFS, wondering if it might be necessary to consider pulling the plug on this trip. Thoughts? How risky is it to buy from people on here, Big Soccer, etc.? Will FIFA really invalidate tickets or is it just a threat?

14. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5464 BMfutbol16, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Screenshot_20180222-215005.jpg
    I Just tried and couldnt find the prompt to talk to a rep. Maybe we tried outside of their bussiness hours??? Or maybe they took that option out. Sorry man.

15. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its safe to buy here from most of the older members. You need to be carefull with thr new members. But we put them on blast as soon as we find shady sellers.

tudobem62014 and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  16. flipper21

flipper21 Member

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 9, 2017
    So with that e-mail I've now got tickets for most probably three Brazilian games, (four if they make the final). Ecstatic.

Brazil v Costa Rica
    Brazil v Serbia
    1E v 2F (not 100%, but really hope we show the same form as in the qualifiers)
    Conditional ticket for the final.

leonidas and themanlarry repped this.
  17. Wankdorf 1954

Wankdorf 1954 Member

1.FC Kaiserslautern
    Germany
    Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Semi Final Brasil- France / Final Brasil - Germany or Spain/ Argentina

18. flipper21

flipper21 Member

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 9, 2017
    Would obviously be a dream final to see Brazil v Argentina, but wouldn't mind Germany and get the real revenge after 2014. Was at Mineirao that day and it's honestly still extremely difficult to digest haha.

However, as long as Brazil makes it to the final I don't really care who they play. Would just be a dream come true to watch a World Cup final with Brazil live.

tudobem62014 and themanlarry repped this.
  19. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The next phases are different in that they are ongoing FCFS. For 13th March to 4th April there will be only a little choice and probably not what people are really looking for.

From 18th April it is more progressively exciting as FIFA add daily more returns from fans, sponsors, FIFA family, unsold hospitality etc. and this is where you need to be looking daily many times. So it is definitely not a matter of thinking it is March 13th or nothing and as we get into May and June there are more and more tickets coming through. Patience and devotion to the keyboard are the watchwords with this and you will get what you are looking for bar the Final.

20. Ashaab Alam

Ashaab Alam New Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Feb 23, 2018
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lots of awesome people here. I just found this forum while I was randomly looking for info with regards to the world cup. My application for both the matches still says "PENDING" and I have a feeling it was unsuccessful. Reading through approx. 30 latest pages of comments, looks like a lot of you were able to snag tickets in 2014 during the FCFS period. I am hoping I can do the same for the games I am going to during the world cup. Good luck to everyone and glad to have found this forum :)

bbffc97, leonidas, Hugo Maron and 3 others repped this.
  21. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A lot of good people on here with years of experience. Some new faces too also helpful. Any concerns or questions feel free to ask

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  22. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Hi, for the danish support association. We was told that 4500 tickets are available. And they only recieved, roughly 4000 application. Some have confirmed their applications. However, some fans still have "Pending - waiting for random selection draw"... Does that mean, that they have not done the actual draw yet?

23. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4000 applications could have requested 12 tickets each, 4 for each of the 3 games. Not taking conditionals into consideration that would mean 48,000 tickets requested and only 4000 available. If some got tickets already, its probably done.

24. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No... let me be more precise.

4000 tickets were requested.

BMfutbol16 repped this.
  25. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am interested in this but don't know what it refers to.