Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So out of all the tickets we requested(a lot) we got 8x Cat 3 to Mexico-Germany. Supporters requests.

leonidas repped this.
  2. prubio

prubio Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For those who bought in the first phase FCFS. What was the key for getting in quickly? I waited in the virtual line for more than 1 hour and a half.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Luck of the draw!

With the queue it system there is no magic trick anymore.

4. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have a question, specially for the brasileiros. Why nobody is looking for tickets to Brazil-Switzerland? Its because those were easy to get, or because is in Rostov and people wont go there? I see everybody looking for tickets against Serbia and CRC, but no one for the other game, which would be more interesting to watch. Need to see what I will do with my tickets to that game

5. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Yea I don't think there is a particular way of guaranteeing it, but the more tabs, browsers, devices you are using gives you more chances of getting in. After that it is just all about knowing what you are buying and then gtfo of there! If you run into problems, keep trying. As others have said you might have to write a captcha code out a hundred times before it works. Persist and show how much you want the tickets!

Junior Zuniga repped this.
  6. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I logged in in my computer and my phone, like 30 minutes before the virtual opened (3AM in the US, imagine my girlfriends face when my alarm sounded at 2:45). At 3 AM sharp, in my computer the wait was more than an hour. In my phone was only 15 minutes. Of course I was pretty excited, but even when I didnt wait long, all of the argentina tickets were gone by then. So, there is nothing to learn from my story. Everything is uncertain.

7. prubio

prubio Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks Guys. I bought my tickets for Brazil 2014 during the FCFS phase and Last Minute phase I got in fairly quick, but it was really frustrating waiting for more than an hour this time around. hopefully in two week weeks I will have better luck.
    All my groups applications were unsuccessful for the random draw. FML

8. Mine too!!!

9. rafael_mia

rafael_mia Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Just confirmed that I won the QF in Kazan. Hope will be Brazil x Any team.

Let’s be prepared for the next phase, my friends!

themanlarry repped this.
  10. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Congrats to all who got tickets this phase! Hopefully we all get the tickets we need in FCFS!

themanlarry repped this.
  11. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Ok so dumbass is me. I called chase there was a declined charge of 1220$ from FIFA because the expiration date was wrong. I entered a 2 instead of a 7 and now the only thing to do is for the merchant to run the card again. FML

12. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Congrats! That was the one match I went for (and was unsuccessful). Will be gunning for it in the next ticket phases! See you in Kazan hopefully :)

rafael_mia repped this.
  13. flipper21

flipper21 Member

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 9, 2017
    So what now? Im in a similar position. Allocated tickets but due to credit card being cancelled by the bank for no reason during the phase. Hoping we get a chance to pay online like in the first draw.

14. Luke_t

Luke_t Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    well, this is a long, drawn-out execution. Mine is still pending. No bank charges but still no official rejection. It's the hope that kills you...

15. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Same here. and the hope does kill. Just thrust the knife through my heart already.

Luke_t repped this.
  16. rafael_mia

rafael_mia Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Hope we can share a beer in Kazan before the game! =)

themanlarry repped this.
  17. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    lol nope!

18. Luke_t

Luke_t Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    my hope is that for the popular games Fifa are making every attempt to free up tickets. Working out segregation now rather than just saying we have 2,000 cat 1 to allocate, 1,500 cat 2 etc...
    Obviously much easier to do with the less popular games (and bigger stadiums) as more leeway

19. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    upload_2018-2-22_10-39-34.png

20. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    My guess is because Brazilians would want to go to the knock out rounds. If you're flying from Brazil to see Brazil x Switzerland and you return back to Brazil after 2 weeks, and Brazil is in the quarterfinal, you will regret it.

Hence, why I'm going only for the knock-out phase.

tudobem62014 repped this.
  21. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    See you there. Let me know if you would be interested in splitting an AirBnb or something! I'll be traveling solo.

rafael_mia repped this.
  22. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I believe they will run it again. FIFA should give you the opportunity to sort out your card issue in the next few days. They did this in the lottery sales phase.

Andres_ARG repped this.
  23. bbffc97

bbffc97 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I had a charge on my account a couple of days back, and can now see my account has been updated to “partially successful”.

I got the Ro16 match at the Spartak Stadium in Moscow, plus England v Panama (both Cat 1). Missed out on Russia v Egypt in St Petersburg so will have to keep hunting that one but still extremely happy overall

24. Luke_t

Luke_t Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i have Russia Egypt. Need England Belgium

25. flipper21

flipper21 Member

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 9, 2017
    So someone posted on some random Facebook group that he had spoken with FIFA Ticket Center and was given following info:

- Confirmation mail will be sent after 5 days from successfully payment transaction.
    -For those whose transaction rejected by Bank due to any issue. FIFA will give them a second try for transaction (no specific date or time yet) if 2nd trial failed you will receive an e-mail explain payment steps to follow not later than 13th March otherwise tickets will be canceled.
    -If you didn't receive any confirmation mail by 13th March. unfortunately you are not selected in this selling phase.

Pønch, Red Crash and NickK repped this.