Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    3,100,000+ now (38% international demand) if the website figures are to be believed.

There is also no guarantee that buying a ticket (or applying for one) = attending the match. Touts or people with extras for example. hearts123 is right that for European demand in particular (the question he is answering) is very low and not appealing for everyone - for some Europeans there is still a sense of fear or apprehension about countries in the East such as Russia for many reasons (old-fashioned prejudices, xenophobia, negative feelings - whether these are justified or otherwise is a different story). Many people only like to holiday in resorts or sandy beaches. Screw them, Russia will be awesome!

But back to your point yes there is every possibility that FIFA could simply use the ticket demand colours as a way to drive demand for certain matches (as suggested by other posters earlier in the thread).

Rwalter and alejo.87 repped this.
  2. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    This is the big question. Assuming they get approx 60% of the tickets what do they plan to do with them?

If they plan to tout them then they are in for a big shock.

I don't know the demand in this phase for Brazil. In the previous lottery demand was half that of Brazil. I was firmly of the opinion that tickets would be no problem in Russia and that the final would be like Jo'burg or Kyiv. Now I'm not so sure. Time will tell.

3. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Also keep in mind for the later stages most of the South Americans will be gone, so will the Irans etc.
    This leaves the European contingent that everyone here has agreed are not going to travel in great numbers. Who buys the tickets then?

4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Probs the Neutrals and the half n half scarf tourists will be there to take up the slack.

Forzabarca repped this.
  5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

The inflatable dolls will buy the tickets!

6. Andresfcalderon

Andresfcalderon New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Utah
    Hey Amigos- do you know if they started awarding people yet in the current random drawing? I know it goes until January 31st but if I remember correctly last drawing they started a few days before the closing date.

7. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    It closes on Jan 31st. In phase one it was drawn fourteen or fifteen days after it closed so it could be the same this time (eg. a very Happy Valentines Day for all).

8. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, For me personally, Russia is not as appealing as Brazil! no way, no how. Not as exciting as South Africa. And I was more excited about going to Germany than I am for Russia.

Im going to be in Russia from the 15th of June to the end with the wife and 3 kids. Mainly in Moscow and St Petersburg. Both are large cities and I cant imagine they'll have problems selling the games in both.

But, I don't feel the same excitement as I did when I was planning for Rio de Janeiro !!! As far as tickets, I still need a few for matches in Moscow.

9. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If this sales phase was like the last one, you'll get an email from FIFA a few days before they begin charging credit cards. It should be about 2 weeks after the 31st. Your credit card will be charged before it shows up on the FIFA website and before you get the confirmation email, so check your credit card statement first.

10. Mrmagu

Mrmagu Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Nov 14, 2017

For us in South America, Russia is a very special place to visit. The history and traditions about The country and Russian people and cities are very appealing and curious for us . I’m looking forward to visit Russia.

11. alejo.87

alejo.87 Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I dont care a shit about russia haha. Only want to see my team and messi be finally champion

12. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    That wont be happening Argentina have no chance

13. alejo.87

alejo.87 Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I think so too, sadly.

14. Hugo Maron

Hugo Maron Member

Brazil
    Brazil
    Oct 27, 2017
    Do not say that.

Argentina is Argentina and Messi is Messi.

When the team needed he appeared and decided, scoring 3 times.

Also, in 2014, he always score when the situation were complicated.

Despite Brazil be done a better qualifying, Argentina probably will be better in the WC.

But, we believe here in Brazil that we can do some surprise... Gabriel Jesus is not in a good shape, but Firmino is improve day by day...

Time will tell...

15. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Brazil will win it Argentina will go out in the earlier rounds. My prediction :)

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Guys take this in the other suitable threads.

I see no mention of tickets.

17. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Hi,

I got a ticket of a friend. Can I use this ticket to apply for a Fan ID?

18. bindahman

bindahman Member

UAE
    Brazil
    Jan 17, 2018
    Is their any way I can buy World Cup opening match? or Final?

19. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    True but some people thinks the world is only europe and usa. Russia is great for 7.5 billion people except 500 millions in europe and usa who have allergy with russia and would even have a heart attack when the demand will reach 5 or 6 millions on the 31th jan ( even more than the demand for brazil in sales phase 2).
    Leave them suffer with russias sucess :)

20. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I offered 2 cat 2 singles at face value here for the opening match

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/ru...lling-or-buying.2078728/page-10#post-36235260

You can buy one or both if you wish. However you will need to obtain a Fan ID separately.

I am hoping to exchange to get Uruguay v Egypt and England v Panama but happy also to sell.

21. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If your friend put you down as his guest in his ticket application, then yes.

UrNumbrOneCrush repped this.
  22. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    themanlarry and Flipmode2000 repped this.
  23. Red Crash

Red Crash Member

Santa Fe
    Colombia
    Jun 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For those who got tickets already. Can you still change the guest information? If you still can is there a deadline

24. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    everyone who borrows FIFA their sex doll for a game gets two complimentary tickets as well :D

Stuckin1au repped this.
  25. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised at how down people are on visiting Russia. We are just the opposite -- we are very excited to see St. Petersburg. Of course, we'll be there for only three days, since we are stopping through as part of a Baltic cruise, so maybe that's the difference.

mazinio and Forzabarca repped this.