Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not to be ethnocentric, but I think English is ok from my experience with FIFA ticketing. Just saying might be a little difficult finding a notary who can read and write in Russian ;)

2. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Has anyone seen what tickets will be available in the next phase?

3. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    Good question, I would expect all tickets available but final in very limited quantities still.

4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    With seeing so many Cat1/2 tickets obtained by people I know here and across other forums albeit it would represent a small sample size I still reckon they will be Cat3s mostly too.

tudobem62014 repped this.
  5. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    FIFA is not very forthcoming with details so far this Cup. For example, this FCFS phase we had IMT for all matches except the opening match and final. And no Cat 4 for any matches. But unless I missed it, that was never announced. We only found out based on the availability right before the portal opened.

6. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The funny part I know people who used a notary which they copied from a google search and edited it to suit they looked all so official too. Just remember fifa are so cheap they use volunteers at these kiosks. So if the documents look legit enough and your passport stuff is real you can bullshit most of this nonsense fifa stuff without a lot of effort. If it doesn’t work the first time come the next day and use a different person at the kiosk if you actually need to talk to a human

7. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    As I recall, the final was not offered in the phase 2 lottery for 2014. FIFA really likes to hoard tickets to the final for as long as possible. Sponsors and member federations need to get their final tickets, and those hospitality packages need to be pushed until the last possible moment.

Wankdorf 1954 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  8. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The hospitality packages must get a slight surge in demand after the semi finals, when fans panic about getting a ticket for the final. Did they have a last minute ticket drop a few days before the final in 2014?

9. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Got to keep them fat cat bosses at the federations happy so you can rely on them to rig elections and push World Cup selections to countries who bribe the most

New President Same FIFA

10. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    I'd say it is even worse now

Stuckin1au repped this.
  11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Because back then everybody KNEW Blatter was corrupted but now people THINK Infantino is clean which leaves alot of room and space for shenanigans.

12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For a start they will split us any remaining TSTs into individual tickets. Staggered Denmark can't sell out. Then presumably after the draw the smaller nations games will have a fair few tickets come up whereas the heavyweight games there may be very few at this stage. I was also very surprised all the VSTs went but I still presume they will be offering a fair few games for Volgograd, Saransk, Samara etc.

themanlarry repped this.
  13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Most of the stadium is still Cat 1. From corner flag to corner flag right up to the last row are Cat 1s. Even the corner flag can be quite a bit elastic and be well behind the goal in high demand games.

Call me cynical but some will depend on demand. I had a Cat 3 (bought in late sales phase) ticket in Pretoria in 2010 that was right on the halfway line and a cat 4 (black market) ticket in Bloemfontein right in line with the edge of the penalty area. I've also had a Cat 1 ticket in the back row of the top tier well around the corner flag behind the goal (UEFA admittedly openly match Euro2012).

So I'd expect plenty of cat 1s and cat 2s as well in the next phase.

We are all guessing at the demand but say Iceland v Saudi Arabia in Saransk would probably see a lot of Cat 3 and Cat 4 tickets come on stream in later phases. A Brazil v Egypt in Moscow Spartak won't see as many Cat 2s and 3s on the market.

After the draw I need to decide what category to apply for and whether to ask friends to also apply for the games I need. Ideally I'd like Cat 3 (as cheap as possible) but would gladly pay for cat 1 to be sure of a ticket.

Each to their own really. I've friends who will gladly go with very few tickets and probably get into every game. I've normally paid more for tickets than they had per tournament even though I haven't paid more than FV for a tournament ticket since 2006. They've paid 3 times FV and still done better overall. I'm still more comfortable having a valid ticket.

Ric_Braz and Stuckin1au repped this.
  14. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I don´t understand what´s going on regarding Denmark,They must still be in chock after the 5-1 Ireland win.Denmark´s close to Russia and I would go just to see Eriksen play if I were a dane.It is strange they haven´t sold out their tickets up til this point.

15. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I have fond memories of seeing the fantastic Danish support at Euro 88 and at France 98. I saw them in a dead rubber v Italy and they vastly outnumbered the Italians. Apparently the interest has waned considerably since then. They had a very small support when I saw them in South Africa.

Even their home playoff sold out just the week of the game although they took stringent steps to stop Irish fans getting tickets in the home end. They sold 1200 tickets for Dublin when they were allocated over 2,500 and could have got double that. Even then there were many Irish in the away end. Now they will obviously bring far more fans than France, Spain and Portugal combined but clearly nothing like the days of old.

And of course I really hope none of my games involve Denmark. I've seen them twice this month and that is more than enough. :(

themanlarry repped this.
  16. Hugo Maron

Hugo Maron Member

Brazil
    Brazil
    Oct 27, 2017
    @Forzabarca
    I am looking for the people that bought some TST7s in order to try to swap some tickets after the draw according to their interesting.

As you know, I am going to follow Brazil, and have TST7 to other team and I can swap...

Which TST7 do you have?

Is this topic here also dedicated to swap tickets in the future?

Thanks.

17. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    There is another topic for trade!

18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder

Also, CAT 3 is the main section for the supporters/FA group when they allocate in sales phase 2 to their members. They block a lot of the Cat3 during phase 1, in my experience.

I know not all teams have a big supporter’s group but not knowing where they’d will be drawn makes FIFA hold those tix aside for now. Each Fed is guaranteed a decent portion of seats at each of their games.

alejo87 and popularside repped this.
  19. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That was my point about Cat3s but you analyzed it far better.

wixson7 repped this.
  20. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    I didn't mean it this way. Say a security problem and/or bombing happens at a stadium , then you can't just not know who was in the stadium.

21. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Never had that problem as it is my first time in a world cup. I ve read from the terms and conditions that the payment can be made by anyone.

22. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    I was talking about football strictly , Euro & WC. I am not doubting russia's capacity to host events, but let's face it , football has a wider scope.

23. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    @ChristianRevolution

Can you please link me to the part of T&C you read or post a screenshot?

24. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In Mexico 1986 they took 10,000 but then they had a brilliant team and it was their first WC.

Stuckin1au and themanlarry repped this.
  25. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Remember it well Ric.
    Destroying Uruguay..Preben Elkjaer,Michael Laudrup(Allthough injured),Morten Olsen,Sören Lerby,Klaus Berggren...even Allan Simonsen came on as a sub.
    We are red,we are white.
    Easier times back then.