Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    Don’t worry about this. For the machines you only need the CC and that’s it. I don’t even remember needing a voucher in 2014... (but not sure).
    At the confer cup all I had to insert was my CC and that was it. Nobody is going to bother you.

2. Gistavo Amaral

Jun 28, 2014
    Recife
    Club:
    Nautico Recife
    Guys, anyone who's been to a knockout stage game remember how early you could get the ticket for the match? I have a 1Bx2A, both groups will be decided june 25th, but I don't know if I will be able to attend the match.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm pretty sure you get all individual match tickets at the same time. That's how it was for WC 2010 and WC 2014. The ticket just won't have the teams printed on it, obviously.

4. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    since ticket machines are introduced in 2010 there are no vouchers any more.
    either pickup on the machine with the credit card and birthday input, or pickup at the counter with the order confirmation and ID

Stuckin1au repped this.
  5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

But you have to wait until games are decided befoe picking up the R16, QF and SF tickets for TST7 series? Can I pick all of them up during group games even when not knowing who and where the games going to be played?

6. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    True - is a bit more complicated for the knockeout for a TST, though.

As soon as it is know what the next match is, you can collect the ticket. So if you have a TST for a team in group A, as soon as group A is completed, you can pick that ticket up.
    Say the winner of group 1 is Russia, and you have a Russia TST, when you pick it up, it would say Russia v B2 with the location. the later you pick the ticket up, the more specific the ticke would be in terms of the teams.
    There should be a ticket collection point in all of the stadium cities so is not much of a logistics issue.
    Furthermore, for the TSTs, after the group matches end, you could get all of the remaining path tickets, if you want them then, or you can wait for each round if you want the team names printed out.

Forzabarca repped this.
  7. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    Well that’s tricky here.. should you insert the bday of the main applicant or the CC Holder (as in my case it’s not a personal CC)?

8. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    Just try it out - don’t worry buddy.

9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I hope this is the case. We're flying home after group game and plan to come back for Semi final and final and would like to pick up R16, QF as well and find someone who needs them so they don't go to waste. But I can't give away something I don't have. Would have been easy with a voucher for each game as earlier.

tudobem62014 and JaWC2014 repped this.
  10. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Forzabarca I am that someone that is looking for QF (in Nizhny). Keep me in mind and we could possibly work together to get Semis and Finals as well.

Forzabarca and themanlarry repped this.
  11. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Let's move to the Getting Around Russia topic.
    120 day limit promised next year. No confirmation yet.

12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I have TST7 already so I'm set for semi final and final ;-) Im in touch with someone else for the R16 and QF but I'll keep you in mind if it doesn't pan out.

JaWC2014 repped this.
  13. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    I believe that’s not a big issue as FIFA in the T&C states that someone else could collect tickets on behalf of you but they must have a written notarized authorization and a copy of your ID.. you could try this out that you sell/trade the tickets for the notarized authorization and someone collects the tickets and gets to use them. I’d personally use that option if I have any chance to avoid any hassle with the conflicting Ticket Applicant v CC holder.

Note: I am not really sure though if you could authorize for him to collect R16 and QF only!

14. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    I did that for Brazil 2014 WC, I have a friend who is a flight attendant and he pick up the ticket in advance for my games, but I think he never had to use the authorization paperwork because he was able to collect the ticket at the kiosk with my credit card.

tudobem62014 and themanlarry repped this.
  15. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    He needed no authorization or a copy of your ID?

However if someone has a copy of your ID and your physical CC he should have no problem.

16. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    If i buy a ticket before the last minute sale these ticket will be delivered to my home im right? Dont mind if its a final ticket?

17. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Yep any ticket bought in phase one or phase two

18. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    So why people here is concerned about getting her tickets with another cc? We are going to get tickets in the next fase and get them at home haha

19. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    I think they bought a TST with another person's card or something

alejo87 repped this.
  20. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    Exactly.. TSTs (or at least the included KO tickets) are not delivered, so I should have to collect some (or all) tickets from machines/kiosks without using my personal CC which my raise an issue according to T&C.

alejo87 repped this.
  21. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    nope, you have to wait until it is clear which games yout tst7 includes
    birthday of the main applicant as entered in the application and credit card you used to pay for the tickets. if you used more credit cards for different games then the last one used
    pickup at the counter worked with any notary confirmed authorization.

disclamer: this all as it was in brazil. noone can assure you russia will be the same!

Stuckin1au repped this.
  22. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    Just to clarify.. you meant "with" any notary authorization or "without" any notary authorization?
    and what is considered to be a notary confirmed authorization anyways, I mean how could you issue one?

23. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my 2014 experience, the document (Power of Attorney) has to be notarized and translated into the language of the country where the tickets will be picked up (In this case Russian). I had someone pick up my tickets in Brazil and that's what I had to do. Rules do vary by country, if you have a contact in Russia that will be picking up your tickets, it is best for him/her to do a little research. But for the most part, a notarized Power of Attorney translated into Russian will be enough. Make sure that you include all important details of yourself and the person picking up tickets (Name, address, ID's, etc). If I remember correctly, I also submitted a copy of my passport, copy of FIFA confirmation email. Hope this helps.

Mahmoud Abdelhamid repped this.
  24. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    with.
    it is basically letter of authorization with notary confirmation of the signature. if you can provide it it should work.

in brazil you could easily fake it if you had no other way to pick up tickets, they were not too accurate in checking, we had one such case with one friends sisters account. still, as I said, no clue how this will be in russia!

Mahmoud Abdelhamid repped this.
  25. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    Okay, should try to get this done if I have to make a friend/relative pick up the tickets for me but I blv I should better go with the ticketing self-service machines.. it looks easier to deal with!

Anyways, thank you guys! :)