Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Sounds a bit touch and go making multiple accounts then. Even if your multiple account isn't detected and your tickets not cancelled there is still a very slim chance they will knock you back at the gate if the fanID doesn't match perfectly (seems as though people don't have any concerns over this though)

2. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm starting to worry about being able to sell my extras now. Me and a buddy foolishly both applied for what we needed. 4x cat 3 to 4 games in Moscow. Now all will have seeded teams so I hope they will be easy enough to offload. Being cat 3 prob helps a bit too since that is what people seem to want most.

When does FIFA do their buy back thing? I remember they did it in the past. If not I will sell for a loss here or viagogo or such.

rafael_mia and fit_ repped this.
  3. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @uuaww I wouldn't say foolishly but rather over prepared! =)This forum would be your best bet and I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. Be glad you have extras as many on this forum weren't as lucky as you guys. Most of the people will be going to Moscow or St. Petersburg from what I'm reading over forums.

4. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You should have no problem offloading cat 3 Moscow tickets on here at FV.

Stuckin1au and themanlarry repped this.
  5. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Right, the point being that 2010 was the first Cup with Cat 4 for locals only, in other words, the first Cat 4 as we now know it, but in larger numbers than this time. 2006 had a very limited number of Cat 4 tickets, with stricter total purchase limits:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y...fifa-world-cup-ticketing-questions-30181.html

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    FIFA does buyback and those tickets would resell pretty easily, so that's one route. Don't think you can sell tickets on here though (only trade).

7. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Like other's have said, this site is your best bet. Which stadium did you do? Luznihki? Add me to the list of potential buyers.

8. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    I'd say you won't have any problems getting rid of these :p So many people wait to buy their tickets after the draw or the majority just aren't organised enough like members of this forum are. I've been reading the Brazil 2014 forum a lot and especially in the past ticket threads of Brazil 2014 it looks like people really help each other out and it gets much busier here too :) I also have a group of four friends that would take them off your hands for example if things didn't work here (or if you have match #15 I would if I can't get it in the next ballot/FCFS).

BuddhaWake repped this.
  9. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    there is no such thing as buyback. fifa only gives you the chance to resell the tickets to other fans, but these are listed only if the game is sold out

10. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    this is the most important part and one to keep in mind. Besides the 10% FIFA commission.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Right that's what I mean. Technically that is a buyback because the ones getting the tickets are buying from FIFA.

In any case, the matches that the above poster is referring to will surely sell-out.

12. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    the other thing is how long will you have to wait for your money. I vaguely remember 2014 people were waiting for months for their money. Please someone correct me if I'm misremembering. I remember especially people commenting in the tripadvisor site.

mazinio repped this.
  13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I vaguely remember waiting for some time, but it wasn't "months". More like weeks. But the notification that the tickets had sold came fairly quickly. So as long as you know the money is coming, doesn't really matter when.

14. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Absolutely. I thought it was after the end of the tournament. Like I said my memory is not 100%.

15. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    I will buy you dude. Take it easy! Wait to the draw and lets talk

16. fit_

fit_ New Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 20, 2017
    Which games do you have?

17. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill be need some of those. Put me on your list please. Not sure which games ill be attending but cat 3, 4 all together sounds great. Face value right?

themanlarry repped this.
  18. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    matches 7.11.15.19

Looks like I will be able to trade/sell them. The draw will really decide the demand though.

19. Mzucal

Mzucal New Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Nov 21, 2017
    I got lost at some point but:

My friend have a group of 4 and 1 friend bought x4 TST6 Croatia for them.
    Another friend (one of the other 3), bought x1 TST6 Saudi Arabia for him.

So, that friend has x2 TST6 of different countries.

Is this a problem? He is a guest in the x4 application and the main (And only) applicant in the other one.

20. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys who are scared of not getting tickets. Open up ur options. Trains will be free between cities or so I hear. If you want to see ur team... shoot for it's possible r16 match, qfinal match. I think those are the easiest tickets to get especially if they in an obscure city (not St. Petersburg or Moscow). In Brazil only the potential r16 of Brazil and maybe Argentina was difficult to get.

21. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    For those of you guys who've made successful ticket applications using someone else's credit card (neither the main applicant nor his guests) in past WCs, does it happen that FIFA ever discovers such a violation to Terms and Conditions?

If so, does it only happen if the Credit Card holder revokes/unauthorizes the transaction or FIFA actually runs a check?! :confused:

22. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Csak nem magyar vagy? Érdekelnének a jegyek ;)

23. fc52

fc52 New Member

May 10, 2009
    hey all, I was lucky enough to buy 2 cat3 tix for match 55: r16 in St. Petersburg on 3rd of July. I am pretty excited to go to my first world cup game since brasil-cameroon in palo alto back in 1994. That being said I'm not 100% committed to it based on work obligations/how the draw goes. I'll post again after the draw if to see if people are interested in a trade. And I also want to wish luck to those still trying to obtain tickets!

tudobem62014 repped this.
  24. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rafael_mia and tudobem62014 repped this.
  25. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    While trains are free have a look at the distances between some cities. Sochi to Saint Petersburg is 2300km (a full 24 hours of travel) and Kaliningrad to Yekaterinburg is 3000km. The free train may only be viable for transit between particular cities. I wonder if this has been factored into the fixtures to prevent backtracking

BuddhaWake repped this.