Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fit_

fit_ New Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 20, 2017
    OK, thank you. I've been following the forum for a while ago, because I wanted to go to Russia 2018. Now that I gained some tickets, I signed up so I could participate.

2. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    Can we expect any ticket drops before the next phase? How was that in 2014... I don’t really remember any in phase one?...

3. Red Crash

Red Crash Member

Santa Fe
    Colombia
    Jun 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hi guys ,
    Has anyone see any tickets being added for the sale? I find myself refreshing every now and then with no signs of new tickets being added.

4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I’ve seen Zero and my friends say the same

5. Red Crash

Red Crash Member

Santa Fe
    Colombia
    Jun 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the only thing I noticed is that for some countries some categories show as not available at all and then few hours later they are in gray.

loosing hopes now , hopefully I'll get some luck in the next sale.

6. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I believe the ticket drops are later after the resale portal have opened. That is when national federations and sponsors return tickets they are not gonna use. And all tickets that people manually put up for resale from the first two lotteries and fcfs are also put up any time of the day

Stuckin1au repped this.
  7. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep I’ve noticed that too but can’t really say 100 percent what it means it’s just a guess. Which is they are swapping out TST/VST partial games back into individual matches. It’s just a guess and I could be totally wrong.

8. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Which means...Keep the ticket window open every day when you are in front of a computer. You might get lucky.

9. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the input.
    I doubt it. I saw an article stating that the draw will remain the same with the exception that Pot 1 will be selected according to COCA COLA Rankings as of October.

10. Mrmagu

Mrmagu Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Nov 14, 2017
    For multiple applications. Is it possible to use the same ID ( passport number) ?
    And about the name? Is it possible to use exactly the same name? Or is it recommendable to change it or just use some parts of the name, and using abbreviations for middle names?

gaorozcoo repped this.
  11. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Zero concern.

tudobem62014 repped this.
  12. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Hi
    to be clearer on this:
    A1 is definitely Russia. After that B1 to H1 can be any one of the remaining pot 1 teams - irrespective of their ranking. The ranking is only to decide WHICH pot they are in - not whether they are B to H. More specifically - it does not mean that B1 is Germany etc...

Take 2014, for example. Brazil was A1 due to being hosts. The next highest ranked teams were Spain then Germany. Germany ended up being drawn in group H.

This has been the case for at least the last two world cups.
    So at the moment, unless you have a TST, or a ticket for the opening match, you can have no knowledge of who you will be watching until the draw.

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news...edures-for-the-final-draw-of-the-2907924.html

BuddhaWake and wixson7 repped this.
  13. John0825

John0825 New Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Nov 20, 2017
    I applied to 7 games during the lottery phase and only got match 51 under friends account.

During the FCFS, the system would not let me purchase any tickets because I already applied for 7. (which is odd. I thought the limit was 7 successes, not 7 attempts.)

I logged in with MY account and managed to get a TST7. (Technically I have 8 games now.)

If i sell the one Match 51 game, will I be compliant with the 1 application/ 7 games rule, since i will only have 7 tickets on 1 account?

I would rather keep Match 51, but i don't want to risk losing the TST7. Any advise on this? If the payment went through am I safe? or do they enforce these rules after the next phase, or last minute phase, or at the gate? Or are they not even strictly enforced, cuz I heard some people end up going to more than 7 games if there are tickets available.

*Also, we have already applied and approved for FAN ID using the Match 51 game. Should we try to get a new fan ID using the TST7 to ensure collection of R16,QTR,SEMI, and Final in Russia and free train travel or will the first FAN ID still work with the TST7?

14. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #3239 Marius Tresor, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Again, that number for 2010 is not comparable. That was a random draw number only, more than one year before the start of the tournament. And it does not include the other sales channels, available to local residents and agencies. Contemporaneous newspaper articles show about 2 million total ticket apps by the time of the 2010 random draw, in early 2009. 2010 and 2002 (and earlier cups) are not good comparisons. The best comparisons are 2014 and 2006. 2014 had the first phase at the same time as 2018, roughly, but had nearly double the apps as 2018. In 2006, the first phase was quite a bit earlier, more than a year before the start of the tournament, but still had about 10 million apps, 3 times the number for 2018!

15. Red Crash

Red Crash Member

Santa Fe
    Colombia
    Jun 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Did you get your TST7 during the FCFS sale for arg?
    When I logged in everything was sold out already.

All south american teams were sold out meanwhile spain , england , france had some available .

16. dbianchin

dbianchin New Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Oct 26, 2017
    i could get a tst5 for brazil 30 minutes after the system started. Even the tst7 was available but i tried more than 50 times and always get the error message. I was almost giving up when the tst5 was succesful. While i was trying these TST, i manage to buy the 2 semifinals. Now i'm only wishing to get a final ticket.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  17. Red Crash

Red Crash Member

Santa Fe
    Colombia
    Jun 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nice! Good luck! I coudn't get any tst for colombia . I wonder why some users got access to the system faster than the others i had 5 computers on different accounts with firefox , ie , chrome , safari , even tried tor but the system didn't like it and on all of them I had to wait over 45 mins

18. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Random

19. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Question. Those that had multiple computers did you use different accounts on all of them? How do you create multiple accounts under the same name? Aren't you required to provide passport details?

20. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And again you are simply incorrect. It was the same phase and the timing doesn't make a huge difference. In fact there were far more countries still in contention to qualify so it possibly increased demand.

Yes there were local sales to the domestic Football Family as there was for Germany, Brazil etc but they are small numbers of tickets. These will be there for Russia too.

South Africans made up 30% of the applications.

I'm trying to gauge the demand here. South Africa had low demand and in the end almost all games including the final were easily available.

Brazil's demand was significantly higher but even still some venues had plenty of tickets available.

I'm counting Germany out as demand was off the scale for all games. France 98 was almost as bad.

So as a rough guide demand is double South Africa where tickets were simply no problem. Cape Town saw tickets sell for face value generally otherwise they were selling for well below face. Demand is half Brazil where tickets were very very difficult in Rio, Sao Paolo etc. In Brazil it was still easy enough to get tickets for some venues even with the well supported teams.

Now the above are established facts.

Obviously people can have different opinions on what this means for Russia.

My guess is

Moscow/SPB will be tough enough maybe not as crazy as Rio/SP but tough to get tickets.
    If the draw throws up a Brazil/Argentina v Mexico/Eqypt/England in Moscow/SPB (worse in in the Spartak stadium) then it will become a hugely in demand ticket.
    Even Mexico/Peru/Egypt games in places like Saransk, Rostov-on-Don etc shouldn't be too bad in the end.

21. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #3246 Marius Tresor, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Just do a little research and you will find that I am correct about the sales structure in 2009 for the 2010 World Cup and how it differs from the FIFA-only sales approach we had in 2014 and that we have now for 2018. In fact, not much research is needed, just go back a few pages in this thread where another poster explained this to you already. 2010 was also the first World Cup with Category 4, with many more Cat 4 seats than we saw in 2014 and now for 2018.

Your take on 2010 is just not accurate. As of January 2010, 2 million tickets had been sold:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y...10-fifa-world-cup-south-africatm-1162835.html

I doubt that we see that by January 2018.

22. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Regarding the draw - just wait for the draw.
    They will probably draw from pot 4 after pot 1 because it makes it simpler with regard the maximum-country-from-the-same-continent restriction.
    However, regardless of which pot a country is in, other than for pot 1, there is then another draw to determine whether a team is 2, 3, or 4 in the group.
    The draw simulators are fun, but as it stands today, there can be no idea about who will face who.

(As am going for the whole month, doesn’t stop me thinking about in every hour for the next 11 days, though ;-) )

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't really see what Forzabarca said is wrong. Yes it does need patience and yet the majority of tickets are fairly easy to get. I am surprised that those who have gone for the difficult games or TSTs that are well oversubscribed should not only be staggered they have not got anything yet but almost indignant about it. Look, if Mexico play Nigeria, Senegal, Saudi etc. tickets are no problem. If they play Brazil, Argentina etc. it is more difficult but certainly not impossible. So yes patience will be required possibly right up the June but there is a bit too much sense of entitlement from some posts.

24. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    I do not need any research to tell you that there was category 4 in Germany as well, the only difference to 2010/14 is that it was not reserved for locals only.

Also for 2010 there was no real FCFS until April 2010, so you can't really compare that World Cup to the others

We all agree 2006 and 2014 were heavy, while 2010 & 2018 are easy. 2002 were the beginnings of online direct sales, we all leave that one out of comparisons.

25. DribblingGame

DribblingGame New Member

Sunderland
    England
    Nov 21, 2017