Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering current form, France Nigeria would be a great match to watch!

2. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have to agree that the accusations of laziness/inexperience/etc. are unfair. Particularly in this first phase, lack can play a huge part.

IMO there is no guaranteed formula for successfully getting whatever tickets you want. No matter how hard you work, the only thing you can do is maximise your chances of getting lucky. And even if you do everything possible, you might still be very unlucky.

themanlarry, Stuckin1au and hearts123 repped this.
  3. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes of course but neither will bring many fans. Many of the potential winners will see little ticket demand. A France v Spain final would see 2 great teams meeting with low ticket demand. Mexico v Egypt in the first round would become a virtually impossible ticket.

I was in Kyiv for the Euro2012 final. Tickets were on official sale at face value and unofficial sale at much lower prices.

4. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Russia x korea in rio was hard to get. 5 times harder than spain x holland in salvador..france x nigeria will be full for sure..its moscow

Felipao~ and Stuckin1au repped this.
  5. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Yep I was in Kiev too and saw exactly what you saw. Tickets at half price outside the ground and available at FV on the site.
    The final will not be an occasion for Touts to make money. I cannot think of any likely pairing that would have people willing to pay more than the $1100 for a CAT 1 or even the almost 500 for a CAT 3.
    And as you say there are some pairings where the ticket prices would plummet.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Well you can't compare Euro final to WC final and in WC rarely you'll see teams like Greece and Portugal making it all the way to final by some random luck of the draw in knock outs and "easy" paths. There's just much more quality in WC compared to Euro so I really hope we didn't pay TST7 just too see a Denmark vs Switzerland final (no offence). Only people who will make money are Russians who have cat4 tickets or perhaps cat3.

I'm dreaming of a Argentina Brazil final! Messi vs Neymar, Master vs Apprentice [emoji16]

7. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    any big final such as arg-bra, arg-eng, ger-eng, bra-fra or eng-fra would be a dream. unfortunately theres no chance for ger-ita final this time!

8. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or Eng.v anybody.

9. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    I had a quick look on viagogo and Ticketbis price are already quiet low, I am sure except for big big game (Argentina/England for example) tickets will be not hard to get and under face value.

Sorry for people who didn’t get any luck right row but here with my friend we surprisingly got all of our 7 games out of 7 (only group games in St Petersbourg and Moscow) mix of CAT 2 and CAT 3

Good luck everybody.

JaWC2014 repped this.
  10. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well done that’s a great bag was it in the Random Draw or FCFS out of curiosity?

11. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, same question as @Stuckin1au. I'm seeing some people and their friends were lucky while others and their friends were not lucky in the draw. When did you guys apply? I know FIFA says that it's random (which I'm sure for the most part it is) but just like some people posted that they got in quicker by making new accounts in the FCFS (which is how I got 2 Rd of 16 games in Moscow). Just trying to up my chances as this is going to be my dad's and 2 brohers 1st world cup and would love for them to experience what I did in brazil. We are trying for QF Semis and Final. Thanks for the input!

themanlarry and Stuckin1au repped this.
  12. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Only Phase 1 random Draw
    3 of us applied from France
    1 is a friend from Netherlands

We applied 10 days after the opening if I remember well, we did multiple application but yeah very surprised to get everything (some of us were even "luckier" to get downgrade from cat 2 to cat 3 - we don't care about the cat we just want to have fun at the game and reduce the general cost of this expensive trip)

13. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Perfect strategy all round and a bit of luck came your way. A downgrade or 2 is just a bonus......Cheers for the Info

noar1985 repped this.
  14. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#3164 Forzabarca, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
    Well prices at those scam site are not cheap, they look cheap until you get to payment page and suddenly a delivery and tax/booking fee of roughly 40% is added. We wanted to settle our trip and buy final tickets there after the random draw just too get it over with and Im glad we were talked out of it here by some more experienced members. With that money we managed to get 2x TST7 instead. Puuuuh!!

noar1985 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  15. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I’m still convinced that FIFA backdoor tickets to these aftermarket sites for an inflated price which then is a percentage of the markup and fees. It’s nothing short of criminal.
    If anyone thinks that FIFA doesn’t have the reach and power to persuade foreign nations to block this type of site reselling their tickets then I’ll go jump off a cliff. They are in bed with them plain and simple, why else would they not go after them. Anyway that’s my 2cents worth on the matter for what it’s worth. #FukFIFA

Marius Tresor and Forzabarca repped this.
  16. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Agree on likely but England v anyone would be a touts dream particularly if v Argentina or Brazil.

A France v Spain final would be a really hard sell. As of now that is a realistic prediction too.

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

There is absolutely no doubt about that. Just as Hollywood is hunting movie pirate sites fifa could do the same.. it's not like it's crawling with those site compared with pirated movie sites.

Also when a company is owned by mighty eBay (ticketstub) these "theories" become facts.

#Nodoubt!

18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

There is absolutely no doubt about that. Just as Hollywood is hunting movie pirate sites fifa could do the same.. it's not like it's crawling with those site compared with pirated movie sites.

Also when a company is owned by mighty eBay (ticketstub) these "theories" become facts.

#Nodoubt!

Stuckin1au repped this.
  19. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Demand for Russia was half that of Brazil in phase 1 but double that of South Africa.

The big cities in Brazil saw huge demand as you say. I was mainly in the north east where you couldn't sell spares even Mexico.

For South Africa we had a dropout so 3 of us went with 2 tickets normally for 2 games on the same day. I was the only one of the 3 to stick to the plan and go on my own on some days. So we had a ticket to buy and 1/2 to sell. Selling was impossible and we only paid more than half face value in Cape Town and even half face value for a cat 4 in Bloemfontein. I heard the final was readily available at face from a few sources.

Moscow and SPB will see big demand but I don't think it will be on the scale of Rio. Time will tell of course.

felipeu24, thunder83 and Marius Tresor repped this.
  20. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    I agree fees are just completely nuts on these sites...just it gives you a clear view of the market...Viagogo is clearly making so much cash during all these event a lot more than the wanna be touts 2.0

At the Euro you could see quickly which game were high demand or not.
    Same you could see how many tickets are on sell for the game.

Now for this WC 2018 there are some games where people (touts or people who can't go anymore (bit wired) that they are selling with only USD $ 20-30 profit now...so imagine when nearly all the tickets will be sold in March.
    I am just telling that for first timer who really wants tickets in order to plan their all trip. It won't be so hard to get tickets (except Brazil vs eng.) put some effort to plan carefully your flight and hotel now this is important in my opinion.

+

Stuckin1au repped this.
  21. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #3171 Marius Tresor, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Good points, but I think demand in advance of the tournament now may be similar to South Africa. Tickets went on sale much further in advance for SA 2010, and through more phases and channels, making comparisons difficult. We shall see how it plays out, but it is certainly looking like much lower demand this time than 2006 and 2014. The visa/FanID issue will probably also limit last minute demand. I would expect prices on the reseller websites to take a dramatic dive as the tournament gets close, and there are more tickets out there. They are already offering tickets to the final at between $1,000 and $2,000 USD. For 2014, they started out at about $5,000 USD. Depending on the matchup, I would guess that the resellers will be below $1,000 USD for the final, maybe well below. Most other matches likely will be below face value, except for the semifinals and certain desirable matchups resulting from the draw.

We had tickets to the final in 2010 from one of the early phases, but we had several people offer us tickets to the final at face value the week of the match. In 2014, we had tickets to the final before the tournament, but the only tickets we saw for sale the week of the match were above face value, well above.

The one time I had extra tickets to the final, two extras for friends whose plans changed, I sold them day of the match for face value. I have also sold extra semifinal, quarterfinal, and Round of 16 match tickets at face value or less at World Cups from 1994 - 2014, when plans of friends changed. I hope that has brought me some good ticket Karma. :D

BuddhaWake and Stuckin1au repped this.
  22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

By the way Black Friday is coming up, can we expect fifa to slash the prices in half?

23. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think there's any correlation with when the account was established and when you got in for the FCFS. My experience is very anecdotal, and I used one account that night but I had 3 laptops going with 3 browsers each (IE/Firefox/Chrome on my 2 PCs and Safari/Firefox/Chrome on my MacBook). Of the 9, one got in in about 15 min, the others at all different times. I think 5 of them were still saying "more than 1 hour" when I finished carting and paying for the games I wanted.

We had a teleconference with 3 of us, my 2 friends had just created their accounts the day before. One friend had a very short timer, like 8 minutes (even though he was using one browser), and got right in and got us our Match 25 tickets. My other friend, also with a brand new account, never got in even though he was trying 3 different ways.

Again, I know this is very anecdotal and not statistically significant, but I think it was truly random when your timer started.

JaWC2014 and Marius Tresor repped this.
  24. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    2006 was of course off the wall and much higher than Brazil. Of course all venues were easily accessible.

25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Has anyone used the FIFA resale platform to sell back to fifa? How does it work and how much do they charge?