Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. top.scorer

top.scorer Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Same here. I logged in at 3:00 (my time) right at the start. Within 15 min I was in. But everything was blocked because of FIFA's failure to close my original application. I have applied and bought tickets for all WCs since 2002 (previous ones were paper) and never had this "policy" or error. All applications were closed prior to the next sale (your total tickets continued, so if you had 3 games could only get 4 more, etc)

By the time I did the re-login with a different account it was too late

2. Ricardo N

Ricardo N Member

Sporting Cristal
    Peru
    Jun 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You just can't please everyone. I truly thank you for your knowledge, time and effort. I spent countless hours in Brazil trying to get tickets with and without the program. I was able to attend great matches, even though I was unable to get finals tickets, my Brazil '14 experience was memorable. I hope we get to enjoy it in Russia '18!

bcred, mkdaman1818, maxbigs and 3 others repped this.
  3. saeeed

saeeed Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    May 1, 2014
    ottawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I was lucky to get 2 tickets cat 1 for match 49 and 1 for 59 , and 1 for 59 .
    i got luck as with my 1st request it didn't work i have to make new account
    and get in and buy with 2 laptop was clicking the code for the semis and 20 min of try
    didn't work then i was trying to buy any thing . but i did get fcfs for 2014 got the 7 tickets
    2 semis , 2 qf , 3 for round of 16 was easy . this time is hard . also don't forget lots of Russian
    are around the world also buying 1st dips is for the Russians there is lots of them .
    The fan fas in Sao , Brasilia , Reio , Belo Horizonte , Racife was amassing cant forget it
    Hope will be the same in Russia

Will try for the semis next round but will be hard i advice everyone to make new account as better
    chances to get tickets for every round will be making 2 new accounts for Dec 5
    will they ship the tickets for the next round or pickup in Russia

4. saeeed

saeeed Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    May 1, 2014
    ottawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    can someone tell me is it safe to buy ticket for the final on StubHub as everyone know i will get the ticket next year
    did some 1 got tickets on stub hub before pls let me know

5. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mate drop me line if you don’t get any semis in the ticket phases in the coming months don’t buy them on stubhub if you are stuck. I’ll put you in contact with people I know holding spares they are Cat2s and yes they are always at face value.

6. saeeed

saeeed Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    May 1, 2014
    ottawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks for your replay yes i would like to keep me in mind for semis i can trade for round of 16 or QF or i can pay even more than Face v . thanks

7. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Never over face I just don’t roll like that If I can help that’s thanks enough, the world is full of enough arseholes at fifa gouging fans it doesn’t need another one in the world

8. funkymx

funkymx New Member

Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 26, 2017
    In the first draw i didnt get any sms, email from fifa or bank. Only got the unsuccessful request email on november 15.

In this fcfs i missed work, stayed in front of my lap and pc since the morning before hoping to get earlier in queu but the system gave me 2 hours of waiting time. i opened multiple browser, accounts bla bla bla and got shit, nothing that i wanted (tst mexico). Naturally, i started to worry. Nothing has worked for me.

So, i buyed an available random ticket (volgograd g3 vs g4) to secure fan id, the visa for russia. I already booked flights before the draw and need to be confident i get the fan id. I think its important for people who need visa to enter russia.

I dont see any problem gettin a random ticket. I can trade it later or in the best case with luck my team will be playing that ticket venue. Of course i will apply on the next draw, fcfs and last minute sale hoping to get the tickets i want. I hope they will be easy to get as you said. If no success, im willing to search in russia venues with my fan id and random ticket in hand.

holado repped this.
  9. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I dont think they are 75% left. Russia stadiums are smaller than brazils stadiums. There are 300 000 less tickets available this year. And we all know that the real number available for for public sale will only be 60% of the total numbers since the rest goes to federations (16% of stadium capacity) and sponsors.. so whats left in my oponion is around 1.1 million tickets only.
    So we can say 45% of public tickets are gone already and 55% left. I dont like the way some here are exagerating in giving hopes to everyone, lets be realistic.
    I think It will be easy to get tickets for any city except st pet and mosow. And very difficult to get tickets for moscow and st pet.
    Whats bad about this world cup is it will be split in 2:
    Moscow and st pet
    And the rest of russia

I think 80% of tourists looking to stay in these 2 cities and yes they can be worried about having tickets for the games there :)

holado and Dragonhorse repped this.
  10. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You do realise what happened in 2014 doesn't sit well with people? People that were deemed to not be 'real' and 'genuine' fans? You and the other 2 that combined to make a 3 man panel played God - you had no right to suggest who was and wasn't a true football fan.

Of course we have thousands of genuine fans who are not on these forums, but you cannot help what is out of reach, you cannot play God and try and have reach to the ends of the earth.

The F5ing was information made free and readily available to those that were lurking on these forums and beyond - there was not a 3 man panel deciding who gets to use it and who does not. This is comparing apples and oranges - what you did was help people sure, but you burnt a heap of people along the way. Me? Not me personally, but I have a substantial amount in my inbox saying so but you don't need me to put this on a public channel - you know you missed many, you know the system you used to screen people was flawed severely.

People have long outstanding memories, those that used your application Scorpyn and succeeded and getting tickets, you'll always be a hero to them. To those that were deemed to be inadequate and not being seen as 'true' fans and legitimately missed out, well they will forever remember you and others in a different way.

It would have been easy for me to keep quiet, turn a blind eye as I have done pretty well in acquiring tickets previously and for the upcoming tournament. But I've aired these thoughts for long periods of time. Only recently have I had to once again say this on the phone, in whatsapp groups and direct messages. I could have been easily down on my luck in 2014 and it would have been the application and the process that would have prevented me from getting tickets.

Of course you have a message from me Scorpyn, I volunteered for the application to test and what I would likely use it for - may not have mentioned directly to you about sending the app to everyone but I do have an essay-style message from @Stuckin1au why the application wasn't shared publicly - I was vocal about this back then - this is not new news.

I had what was deemed as 'the golden ticket' back in 2014, so naturally I did not see the point of being screened for a single final ticket - but just know had I not been lucky with random draws and first come first serve I may have been identified as not 'real' and a 'genuine football fan and that just doesn't sit well with me.

I've got nothing against you or @Stuckin1au - I am entitled to my opinion and I've given it. People have long lasting memories and just because it didn't have any direct impact on me doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to what happened.

For anyone new that is reading this - you do not want another scanner/bot on this forum, trust me, your chances are severed from the get go.

11. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    @ItZa I’m glad you have nothing against me as I do you. I feel that we will agree to disagree for an eternity on this. Come back to the Whattsapp group when your ready. The only valuable lesson my father ever taught me when I buried him from a million miles away was grudges can last for an eternity if you never learn to make peace with it. I learnt the lesson well it’s the only regret I have anymore that I can’t fix therefore I have no grudge with you, life is too short. Maybe we can agree to disagree over a few beers in Russia as France cops a hiding from Spain all the other way around. You know where to find me if you want to talk. My door is open

felipeu24 and themanlarry repped this.
  12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

You're missing the point totally!! It was HIS bot so of course he can decide who to give to and who not to give to. Lets move on!

Ricardo N and felipeu24 repped this.
  13. bbffc97

bbffc97 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Australian federation doesn't usually help, they certainly didn't for Brazil.

rooboy91 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  14. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have already mentioned that it was a failed effort. In the end we didn't really know how to identify genuine fans. Our intention was to help people, that's all.

Anyway, we (you and I and a whole bunch of other people) are here to help each other. Let's focus on that. We are all on the same side.

Nuri13, Ricardo N, felipeu24 and 7 others repped this.
  15. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    I find it funny those telling others not to worry about tickets have tickets themselves!

Let's just say it's unnerving and a little frustrating when you're told if you had patience and experience you could have got what you wanted. Let me tell you I was ready at opening time, I was in the portal within 20 minutes, nothing I wanted was there and the items that I was 50/50 on could not be carted.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up hope for phase 2 but I think some of the posts calling those who missed out lazy, inexperienced, not dedicated, etc. are a little provoking

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So what do you want people to tell you instead of to have patience, talk/pm and ask for help/tips etc? Ahh you're screwed, it's over, you won't find anything. Is that what you want to hear instead?

Not even half available of tickets have been sold/released, we're in second phase out of fourth and that's why one shouldn't cry cause they couldn't cart tickets they wanted and so on. Do it later when you absolutely didn't find/get your tickets and had to stay home instead of travelling to Russia and your flight was wasted. Then people can vent their frustration and blame scorpyn for not making a bot for them [emoji23] [emoji23]

I'm learning as I go aswell. We were allocated/applied for St Petersburg Cat2 (instead of Cat3) tickets so we're content and we bought TST7 (lots of money) just to watch the final. People want the best ticket to best cities, cheapest price and as early as possible, is that manageable for everyone who wants? Is it even reasonable?

themanlarry, thunder83 and BuddhaWake repped this.
  17. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt mean it that way.
    But what tickets are you looking for?

18. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I might even open another thread dedicated for "scorpyn bashing". Better to hear it all now than in 2022.

19. vamoBrasil

vamoBrasil Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    The tst6 that you had carted was for your team?

20. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Isn't this thread enough? :ROFLMAO:

BuddhaWake repped this.
  21. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, I wouldnt worry about it. I wasnt given it at first either, but when you released it I was able to use it and also help a bunch of people that decided to go last minute.
    Im sure some people will not agree with one thing or another but ultimately your efforts helped a tons of fans.

felipeu24, Martin NYC and Scorpyn78 repped this.
  22. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    As far as I can see Scorpyn there are only the 2 people who have been disrespecting you and your honorable efforts to assist members here.
    They seem to have set themselves up as spokespersons for the forum. By what right I don't know.
    It seems they say they "help" but if someone else helps in a different way that excludes their influence they aren't happy.
    You should just ignore them. You will always get the ungrateful best just to ignore them.
    Personally I can't thank you enough for the help you gave me in securing tickets for South Africa. That was the only time I managed to get tickets thru the AP but I won't ever forget and if I can ever help you in any way please don't hesitate to ask.

Ricardo N, Scorpyn78 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  23. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    #3148 Fedechat, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    @Stuckin1au may I ask you what Whatsapp group are your talking about? did I miss something? o_O

24. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think you are only correct to a point. I think there will be very difficult tickets in Moscow and SPB. If the draw throws up Brazil/Argentina v Mexico/Eqypt/England etc particularly in the Spartak stadium then very few tickets will appear.

However a France v Nigeria in the Luzhniki will see FIFA struggling to sell it out.

Time will tell but I certainly would not panic now and pay crazy prices.

I don't have a ticket for the final. I still expect to pick one up.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  25. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There are two!? Ok this is getting serious.

Jokes aside, I don't think there is any disrespect. In the bigger scheme of things a bit of difference here and there doesn't really matter. I am still sleeping well.