Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Qatar is not in the UAE

2. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Good to hear! I just hope they stop counting the unsuccessful ballot matches as part of the seven for next phase as I am desperately keen to buy at least one more match (specifically #15) and didn't/don't feel too comfortable about making a second ticket account (although may join as a guest on a friend's application for a game otherwise with a different passport).

3. Andres_ARG

Andres_ARG Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Oct 26, 2017
    Baton Rouge, La
    I know it was hard for Brazil. That was my first world cup and I didn’t want to pay resale prices so I got hospitality tickets for the first three group games. This year I’m taking my chances and trying for regular tickets, no luck so far with TST Argentina but I was able to secure a couple of games F1 vs F2 and G1 vs G2.

I think it will be hard to get the follow Argentina tickets but we should be able to get at least a couple group games out of the 2nd phase and the last minute FCFS. Be patient... and if you’re thinking about buying from touts just buy from hospitality, at least you’ll get free beers and parking.

Good luck. Vamos Argentina!

Fedechat and Stuckin1au repped this.
  4. titoguti8

titoguti8 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Nov 16, 2017
    @Andres. I am thinking of maybe getting hospitality tickets. How were they? Worth it?

5. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    brazil (and germany) were hard cups to get tickets, but patience and lot of online time worked well. I know not everyone can stay online all day long and that some exoerience is needed as well, but just show some patience and stay put abd tickets will come, soon or a later. this world cup will be easy one, I am absolutely sure about that! I have experienced old world cups with certified agency sales and new ones with online sales and have collected some experience over the years, this is the one where you definitely do not need to waste any money on hospitality tickets! but hey. if you prefer hospitality, go for it ... but do not expect anything special!

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Not if your team loses!

7. Mahmoud Fahmy

Mahmoud Fahmy Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Doha, Qatar
    Hello everybody, I will visit Russia for the first time next June 2018, so I have some questions regarding the accommodation as I secure the match tickets and flight ticket as well:

1) I realize from the forum that 95% of hotels still not release the prices during WC period, anyone knows when It will be released?

2) what is the best option to reserve hotels (3 stars will be good) in this period??

a) Using booking or airbnb sites.

b) Russian Tourism companies (https:/…Russian.Tour.Companies.html).

c) Using the website of the hotels.

3) What is the best way (feasible pricing and comfortable) is recommended for transportation within Russian Cities?

8. Dragonhorse

Dragonhorse Member

Manchester United
    England
    Mar 3, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I read at least 3 times you said this world cup is easy for get tikects.
    How can you said that? Can you explain cause so far FCFS was sold out.

9. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    @Dragonhorse, easiest ever since online sales

apart from 2002 when many people couldn‘t use computers or didn‘t even know there was online sales, this was by far the easiest one.
    I never heard about so many successful applications in the first random draw phase like this time, and in FCFS you had hours to buy whatever you needed. that was never the case in the past. even 5-6 hours after sales started you could still buy the final game as a part of the tst series. if they offered that in germany or in brazil, it would have been sold out within minutes, even seconds!
    also russians bought this time only the half of the tickets, bit more, this shows that local interest is rather small.

there will be many tickets coming over the next sales phases, everyone who really wants to get the tickets will get them! everyone else will be only talking bullshit!

10. Ahmed8888

Ahmed8888 New Member

Arsenal
    Egypt
    Nov 17, 2017
    Hello Everyone
    I Am new to this forum and i really appreciate the advice from everyone .. I am from Egypt and let me tell you our National team didnt qualify for WC since 1990 ..i was 3 years old then :) ..since that time it was like a dream for soccer fans here to see our team qualify .. me & my friends already got the flight tickets and hotel reservation .. but we are still suffering to secure match tickets like many people here , i hope the great man @Scorpyn78 can help us all to make our dream come true like he did for many people b4 .. and i also wanna ask we already got random match tickets to secure fan id .. would that be a problem if we get tickets other than the ones we get our fand ids with .. Thanks

11. Crocodile Gena

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree... I've gotten 7 matches for each of the last four WCs including this one. This was the best I've ever done in the first round lottery (got 6 of 7) and the most success I've seen from others on the forum. Also there were tons of tickets available initially in the first come first serve (where I got my 7th). And given that there have only been ~800k tickets sold so far in the first phase, there will be a lot more coming in later phases...

12. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    I do not know how many times this must be written, bit it is as simple as it can be: stay on these boards, read what experienced people write, ignore moaning posts as yours above, invest time in buying the tickets and when the cup starts you will have all tickets you need! and this time you won‘t even need any tools or tricks! just some patience!

tudobem62014, BuddhaWake and themanlarry repped this.
  13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

There is no more tickets this phase! I doubts they will release a fresh set of tickets now. Next phase it's a random draw and then it's FCFS2 13th of Mars. That's when people need to come back and ask for help/tickets.

14. Andres_ARG

Andres_ARG Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Oct 26, 2017
    Baton Rouge, La
    Rio was great, there was a tent next to the stadium with live music, performers, lots of people and lots of fun. Belo Horizonte was good since it was inside the stadium and we were able to go in at half time and get more beer and food. Porto Alegre wasn’t good, it was inside the stadium but wasn’t finished and lacked tables or chairs.

If I can’t get any Argentina tickets I’m thinking about buying hospitality for the game in Moscow since that’s probably going to be the better experience.

15. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is telling you guys to get a random ticket to secure FAN ID? Were are you guys getting this advice from??? Its not like they are going to "sell out" or something right or am I missing something here?

Also, I don't understand how so many people are already talking about missing out this world cup and how hard it is to get tickets. Like Jesta and others keep saying. ITS BEEN A LOT EASIER TO GET TICKETS THIS WORLD CUP! if you all did your research and applied like some people recommended you could have got some by now. I think a lot of people are just being lazy and want them handed to them. Put in some work, If you don't know ask some good questions. Not the same basic questions people have been asking, that could be easily found on the FIFA FAQ site. We mentioned on here, that on FCFS you need to have multiple windows with multiple browsers and multiple accounts(if you wish to go that route) and I bet most of you guys that got in super late didn't do that. I got in with one of the windows the only thing that was gone was Mexico TSTs and the final. Aside from that, even Brazil and Argentina TST7s were available.

Be patient, do your research and be ready for the next phase. You will probably all get what you are looking for. And if you have trouble with some matches, im sure some of the people here can help you get or trade for what you need.

JPNYC, Gavin C, dbianchin and 4 others repped this.
  16. titoguti8

titoguti8 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Nov 16, 2017
    @Andres: when you bought the tickets last time, was it before or after the draw? A lot of rople say they run out after the draw. In your experience, is it worth it to pay for hospitality?

17. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    It's surprising how clueless some people are about the ticket process. I know of tons of coworkers who are big soccer fans and have no idea there have been 2 ticket sales already.

SebastianR repped this.
  18. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Hi guys , quick question ,
    Imagine I have two matches which I dislike and someone has two matches in another city quite close which he dislikes and we wish to trade it.
    Will there be an official platform for that , and if yes , at which stage ? And how would the payment system work ?

So let's say that my 2 last matches will in Saransk Egypt v Argentina and Brazil v Japan( just saying). I don't want to see these matches and someone has in Samara or Kazan France v Spain and Iceland v Panama , doesnt want them but wants my matches instead and I want his.

I ask this because I am already looking at ways to book accomodations etc so I wonder when to time it right.

REgards

19. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    There will be no official platform for what you would require but you could arrange to exchange personally either by mail or a meet in Russia.

20. Andres_ARG

Andres_ARG Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Oct 26, 2017
    Baton Rouge, La
    I bought them before the draw. I think it was worth it because it was my first WC, Brazil and I didn’t want to miss it just bc I didn’t want to pay a few extra $$. This year I probably won’t do it because I’m still hopeful I can get tix from FIFA.

21. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Not sure why some people are panicking about tickets already. There have only been about 800,000 tickets sold, it seems. That means there are 75% of the tickets left unsold. Tickets to all matches should be fairly easy to get, with the exception of the final, semifinals, and possibly the opening match. And even for the final, there are usually last minute tickets available since FIFA holds so many tickets in reserve for the final (sponsors, federations, vips, etc.). Touts should be out of the picture this time, as well, because tickets will not be reselling above face value, which will only make it easier to get tickets. You could probably even show up in Russia with no tickets at all and still buy all the tickets you want on resale, probably paying less than face value for most matches.

22. SebastianR

SebastianR New Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Nov 3, 2017
    It is NOT worth but it may be your only way to attend the World Cup if you're not lucky or smart during the phase #2. A $210 ticket for the group phase costs $750 in the hospitality package sold by VISA. You tell me if having a beer and some snacks in a tent are worth $540... I would rather stay at a luxury hotel and have dinner at a nice restaurant instead.

titoguti8 and leonidas repped this.
  23. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Patience people. Even for Brazil and in the late stages I remember pretty much having my pick of tickets.

24. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree with almost all of this - the one exception is the stupid bug that FIFA had where if you were partially successful in the initial phase, fifa blocked every single match in your account, including unsuccessful ones, to buy tickets. By the time I created a new account to browse, it was too late. But that being said, I’m quite sure that there will be a lot more tickets to come

top.scorer and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Great letting fifa know! They do keep tabs here ;-)