Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Also you can get a license to drink alcohol in the UAE

2. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My understanding was I thought all tickets were sent out for free?

If what you say is true, don't collect your tickets until the teams are confirmed - I didn't know but I collected my tickets for Brazil 2014 early or they were delivered, and they had team x vs team y on them - if you printed your tickets after the teams were confirmed, you could have had France VS Germany etc on them instead of team numbers. No biggie but as a ticket collector it would've been cool to see team names on some of those knockout games.

azevedof and tudobem62014 repped this.
  3. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Here I am with the ticket portal still in the background hoping something will come up. I must be in dreamland thinking something is gonna come up after being greyed out for the last 36 hours

4. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What happened in 13/14 was FIFA didn't drip feed until after the second phase - by all means am I telling you not to check the FIFA site between now and then as their method of release could have changed.

There is another random selection draw and another FCFS phase coming up, will be plenty of tickets but there could be another dump of tickets before then.

5. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My method? It's just the people I have networked with over the last 4-5 years on BigSoccer and I'm actually part of a few Whatsapp/Facebook groups that would have all originated here - believe it or not its a solid group and there are alot of success stories from there - several people were able to attend tournaments who had absolutely rotten lock in the ticketing systems but were able to get spares that were being thrown about in the whatsapp/facebook groups.

I had a helping hand in getting a couple of semi finals to the Euros last year and that wouldn't have happened without networking.

I'm not going to lie though - I have relatively quick internet at home and work that positions me well for ticketing events - it might be the difference between getting some tickets and none but you cant fault me for that....

6. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Pretty much what I'm hoping for. A random drop in tickets, and with most people dropping off and no longer checking until phase 2 I'm hoping I get lucky.

TST/CST would be nice, it's good piece of mind you know you have tickets to the KO rounds should your team make it.

I was really hoping for TST4 and then snagging IMT in phase 2 to plug the gaps (e.g. watch the game the day before or after my team in the same city)

7. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If there is a scanner/bot out there, most people wouldn't see any tickets to the big games I would imagine. Like if FIFA to dump a whole set of tickets right now, the scanner/bots that are out there somewhere would snap them up before you or I get the chance to have a look - we arent checking the ticketing page 24/7 like the scanner/bot would.

Everyone's best chance is always the random draw and first come first serve where the bots/scanners are rendered useless.

8. Gane

Gane Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Does anyone have idea or past experience on reimbursement for successful TST's for now eliminated teams? Hope I don't have to wait too long, thanks

tudobem62014 repped this.
  9. CaptainRooney

CaptainRooney New Member

England
    Oct 13, 2017
    Obviously Moscow and St. Petersburg are the two host cities where most supporters will travel to during the World Cup but there are 9 other host cities as well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what other cities might be worth visiting / avoiding?

10. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Aren't we in a first come first serve now lol

11. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yep but i dont recall any drops after the first drop. this could be it for now unless FIFA just decide to drop a few

12. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #3087 tudobem62014, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    This is just from your guide books I been reading:

Sochi is on the Black Sea is a resort town and obviously a past Winter Olympics host. Has lots of swimming areas, spas, night life, as well as river rafting and safari-waterfall trips. It is also home to Sharapova lol. The quarterfinal here is probably the best selection for a more tourist minded person given there are no qf in St. Petersburg or Moscow.

Kazan is known for culture. I think it has a large Islamic component to its population. It is the birthplace of Lenin. Some of the Chilean guys I was hanging with during the confed cup said it was a little difficult to navigate because there's not a lot of English speaking going on here.

Kazan is connected to Volgograd by the Volga, Europe's longest river.

Volgograd was really pleasing to look at from the YouTube videos and is also famous if you know its history. It was previously known as Stalingrad and has a lot of museums dedicated to WW2.

I looked this stuff up a couple months ago so kinda blurry

One of the things I would do if I had a lot of time would be to take the Trans Siberian railroad. I think it's two weeks. There are some other options too like going halfway past the most scenic Eastern parts and then flying from the midpoint to Moscow.

azevedof and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  13. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #3088 Marius Tresor, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Quanto pode pagar?;)
    Kind of suspicious to just register for BigSoccer and ask if someone can give you the scanner.

14. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi everybody! Don’t worry about tickets. Book transportation and accommodation in the cities you know you are going to and then relax.

There will be ticket dumps later from fifa when tickets get returned from sponsors/associations.

And the resale portal will give everybody a chance to get everything when it opens in april/may?

Also tickets are very expensive and russians are both poor and not the same interest as Brasilians for example.

See you in Russia!

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I agree! But Russian get to buy tickets to a much lower price and if I know fifa not only cat4. They'll probably sell them Cat1-3 for same price just to fill stadiums. I remember at the Euro people here bought cat3 but got cat1 or so.

16. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    The general vibe based on historical data is that it won't happen this FCFS but I hope for you that it will.

There was also an article on the FIFA website yesterday that mentioned 98% of phase 1 ticket allotment have been sold (20% of total capacity) and that all that remained at the moment are disability tickets (or whatever their wording was).

17. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow. A lot going on in here. Anyway, people need to move on. What we tried to do initially back in 2014 was to make a totally failed effort to let the 'genuine' fans use the app first before the touts that lurk on these forums. It wasn't enjoyable to go through 100's of PMs to figure out how to screen people and in the end it didn't really work out. It's easier said than done to talk about giving 'equal' opportunity to 'all'. Surely you have thousands of genuine fans who are not on these forums. How do we reach them? Should we also stop F5ing because it's unfair to people who don't know how to do that? Also, just having a bot doesn't mean you have better odds of getting the tickets. You need to know to use it better than other bot users. I got a few PMs later cursing me for releasing the app in the first place because it screwed up OTC sales as everything was getting sold out in seconds online. To cut it short, you can't please everyone.

Lastly, @ItZa, I had a message from you as well asking me to send you the application because you wanted to get tickets to the final. It doesn't say anything about sending the app to everyone. Maybe I misread it.

Moving on.

18. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi Scorpyn. Ur reps to post ratio is amazing :) I dunno if I'll ever get that last trophy.

leonidas repped this.
  19. Croncarol

Croncarol New Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Nov 18, 2017
    Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and maybe a little unfortunate when reading the thread of it. I am from Argentina and I would like to go to Russia to see the World Cup with my wife just like in 2014. In 2014 we were forced to pay the exorbitant values of the resellers, from 2000 to 5000 dollars depending on the match. So we were lucky to go to see only one game.
    For this World Cup we prepared in advance, we required with my account 2 tickets for the matches of Argentina but we did not have luck in the draw. And at the stage of November 16 I woke up very early but after 1 hour of waiting I could not get anything. I know that many are against bots or those things that I do not know much about. But I am a nurse and I am usually in the hospital working, so it is impossible for me to be 24 hours pending.
    Today is Saturday and at 8am in Buenos Aires I am already at work. I'm not looking for an advantage to request large amount of tickets, but I would like to know if there is any way to get help even if it is advising when they will go on sale, since many say that they are adding tickets. I need only 2, I insist that I do not try to abuse myself with this, only a help that allows me to know the moment when I have to get away from work and access the site.
    Thanks in advance and I hope not to raise controversies.
    If you need me to pass some personal data of mine by private message so you do not think badly of me, I have no problem in providing them.
    Thank you very much everyone for your effort.
    Greetings from Argentina
    (sorry for my bad English)

tudobem62014, leonidas and alejo87 repped this.
  20. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    I do not want to dissapoint you, but qatar and uae are two separate countries and apart from having too much money, pretty different countries as well!

tudobem62014 repped this.
  21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

and what about extramarital affairs? [emoji23]

leonidas, themanlarry and tudobem62014 repped this.
  22. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Is it possible for you to get tickets through the Argentinian football federation?

I think it will be easy to get tickets from the resell or later dumps. But you will need to be able to access a computer. Maybe from home if you cant at work?

23. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Scorpyn every time i read your name i hope you are saying that you will make an app haha. Please save me of touts!!!

24. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    For this phase, that is definitely the case. I remember, however, in South Africa once it went to the last minute phase, you could buy for as many matches as you wanted, as long as you didn't buy for matches on the same day. I combined a TST7 with a number of additional individual matches.

25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Exactly! People get spoiled and it's very likely bots make touts out of ordinary fans after they have gotten the tickets they want to attend to.

If you decide to make one please don't mention it to anyone.. especially here and use it yourself and no one will bother you or get angry for sharing it openly in the forum.

You can't satisfy everyone so better not satisfy anyone except yourself and your needs.

Making bots for saving fans from touts will definitely help out touts as well imo. I don't know how many so called fans here wanted to sell me a final Euro 2016 ticket way above face value. One even wanted my England Wales plus 500€ for Cat4 Final! [emoji23] Please!

Moving on is the right way [emoji106]

Stuckin1au and Federico Insua repped this.