Russia 2018: Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by KRCSoccer, Jun 15, 2017.

1. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Yep a ~€15 3hr47m train back to Moscow is my plan too Looks like a cool city and epic stadium though :)

alejo87 repped this.
  2. alejo87

alejo87 Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Wich page do you use to book trains?

3. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    http://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en

For that price I quoted it was a train at a suitable time on the same day of the week as the match. Some are cheaper but most are that price. Should hopefully be available ninety days beforehand. But maybe their prices will go up for summer or for the world cup.

alejo87 repped this.
  4. rafael_mia

rafael_mia Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Same here, mate. It's imposible to get a decent place with a reasonable price there.

Best option so far is take the train back to Moscow at the same day.

alejo87 repped this.
  5. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I've not heard from the hotels I've booked nor the apartment which had (no cancelation possible although I didn't pay anything). Maybe they are waiting to see who flinches first or once the dust gets settled and the curve goes down to reach out with some excuse to charge more or cancel. I'm more concerned about that, but I'm the paranoid kind.

6. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The greed being demonstrated by some of our Russian "hosts" is deplorable. I'm seeing the same insane prices too, most notably in Moscow. In a city that huge you'd think there would be some reasonable options but right now I can't find any. I'm OK with a reasonable price increase for the WC, but the increases we're seeing are ridiculous, like 10x normal.

In Sochi and Kazan I was able to book reasonably priced hotels. Also, In St. Petersburg, although that took some searching. But for Moscow and Kaliningrad I can't find anything even remotely reasonable yet. Kaliningrad is the worst for the England-Belgium match day, $10 a night hostels/dormitory beds going for $500 and apartments and hotels going in the $1000 a night range.

7. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Let's hope that from tomorrow or the day after after FIFA releases its grip on hotels that some sanity returns. It does seem amazing that nearly all hotels in Moscow are behaving so poorly in unison.

8. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'm monitoring what's going on with available options in Kaliningrad. It's crazy, but there was a nubmer for reasonable new appartments for booking. But it's a nice options for those who travel in groups. As an example: 255USD - apartment for 3 persons, much more reasonable option than 500USD dormitory beds. And I still do not see most of the main hotels on the market.

9. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    and I thought Brazil was bad, especially Rio but there it made a little sense the good areas are more limited geographically speaking.

10. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? that's horrible. We are planning to go west for the EngvBel but we have not started looking at hotels yet. Some people are getting emails from the hotels asking for more or asking them to cancel their booking.com reservations. Its crazy. I kind of blame it on those people that booked 15 fully refundable rooms "just in case" screwing with the demand.

Andres_ARG repped this.
  11. Gistavo Amaral

Jun 28, 2014
    Recife
    Club:
    Nautico Recife
    WTF is going on... Airbnb prices are obscene.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  12. Andres_ARG

Andres_ARG Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Oct 26, 2017
    Baton Rouge, La
    I didn’t see any new hotels listed in Moscow or Nizhny Novgorod. At least there are good options in Moscow with double rooms from $150 or so. Nizhny has double rooms starting at $500!

13. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Which dates on St. Pt? I was able to find for Semis back in September and I just added 2 extra days in November. For Moscow I found July 4~7 back in October, all Courtyard in City Center, but for the finals (July 11~16) only the Sheraton in Sheremetyevo which I booked in June.

14. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in StP from 21-27 June. There were a few "reasonably priced" options. Initially I booked a 2- or 3-star place for like $150/night but found another 2/3-star place in a great central location for $75/night which I booked. All I'm going to do is sleep there and it had an 8.0 review average which isn't bad. I like to check what they charge for non-WC prices and they are $30/night so just over double is OK with me especially based on what many other places are doing.

I'm Marriott & SPG so Courtyards and Sheratons would be great but everything has shown as unavailable since I started looking. You were really smart (and probably a bit lucky) to book so early. I booked my flights early but wrongly assumed getting hotels wouldn't be too hard.

15. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Which areas of Moscow should we be looking at for accommodation that are within easy reach of the stadium for the final and have good night life.
    Thanks

Alopez and Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Does no one have any knowledge of the best areas to stay in Moscow?

Alopez repped this.
  17. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It’s really mixed I’m reading TripAdvisor type info haven’t settled on anything. My target locations must include a nearby laundromat I’m told this isn’t as easy to find as Brazil was so it’s important. Restaurant district within 20USD Uber range. Metro that connects easily to the stadiums. Within 30-40 mins walk of red square and other touristy type stuff. Big Mobile phone shop best bet for English speaking salespeople to get a Sim Easily. No more than 70mins from airport by car. Anyone else think of anything more ?

18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Early days but not much sign of any movement so far.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  19. Andres_ARG

Andres_ARG Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Oct 26, 2017
    Baton Rouge, La
    I’ve been monitoring the Moscow availability and it looks like June 16-17 are getting busy so I pulled the trigger and booked my stay through FIFA for my whole stay. Things don’t look any better on the Airbnb front either.

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Which hotel did you go for as most of the few FIFA are prepared to show are also red for 16th & 17th?

21. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Special offer for Newcastle fans in Kaliningrad! I've met a local fan here who would like to meet new friends. :) Contact me for details and spread the word, please.

themanlarry repped this.
  22. Fussball_eh

Fussball_eh Member

May 26, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I am equally shocked. I was looking at Nizhny Novgorod from June 30 to July 2 for the Round of 16 game. There was absolutely nothing reasonable. I booked a hotel (with free cancelation) 25 km out side for now, until I find something better.

23. gogeddit

gogeddit New Member

Chattanooga FC
    Switzerland
    Dec 21, 2017
    Is there a fee for cancelling a hotel you've already booked? Not a bad idea to have a placeholder.

24. Dima39

Dima39 Member

Russia
    Dec 22, 2017
    Привет. Я живу в Калининграде. Люблю футбол, шумные компании и пиво. Если есть вопросы по Калининграду с радостью постараюсь ответить и если смогу чем то помочь.
    Hey. I live in Kaliningrad. I love football, noisy companies and beer. If you have any questions about Kaliningrad, I'll be happy to answer and if I can help you.

25. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Had an email on a booking from Booking.com from the property I booked some months ago in Nizhny Novgorod.

They demanded a month upfront so basically I told them to go f*** themselves amd Ii cancelled the booking.

Not even worth me pursuing through Booking.com either tbh

Dima39 repped this.