Russia 2018: Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by KRCSoccer, Jun 15, 2017.

1. ewdim

ewdim New Member

The Vuck
    Australia
    Apr 19, 2018
    Is anyone staying in a hostel on Bauman St in Kazan?

2. Antuaneth Rodriguez

Antuaneth Rodriguez New Member

Chelsea
    Peru
    Jun 8, 2018
    Posted in the ticket thread first. Didn’t know there was a hotel thread so reposting:

I kept waiting to get tickets to Peru v France in Yekaterinburg but now that I have almost everything else I wanted, I’m thinking of giving up on that one. The thing is, i pre-booked the hotel on FIFA accommodation site and now cancellation is 100% penalty. Anyone looking for a hotel there?

GREEN PARK HOTEL
    Ekaterinburg
    Standard Double
    Room Only
    21 Jun 2018 23 Jun 2018
    1 room(s) 2 guest(s)

178.88 euros

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm staying in Wings Hostel in Kazan... interesting you should post about then as they just emailed me this morning via Booking wanting me to wire them a deposit in advance within two days. Pretty annoying actually as I'm leaving in 2 days and have a ton of things to do... last thing in the world I wanted was yet another errand to run. Anyhoo..... I do want this place though, great location right in the center for a very reasonable price.

4. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'd pay the deposit tbh mate. At this late stage, and to avoid rocking up to no booking just do it.

5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they just emailed and said not to worry as it was just an automatic system thingy, so no need... oh yeah, I wouldn't consider not paying it, just was a headache with another errand to run on my last day here, and the banks are all on Ramadan hours. Anyhoo, I'm look like I'm all set now.. flights, hotels, tickets and ready to go... I really can't believe it I'll be on my way in less that 48 hours...

Phil_MN and Simon Overall repped this.
  6. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Safe trip mate.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  7. daniisco

daniisco Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I will be in st.petersburg for like 65 hours total then fly to Moscow. Do you recommend to register in st.petersburg?

8. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    72 hrs minimum. No need too register.

9. dallezs

dallezs New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Jun 12, 2018
    Hey, did anyone got ditched by a hotel in St.-Petersburg? I heard that happened a lot lately.
    So I thought I could help and let 2-3 persons stay at my place, I have a couch and an inflatable bed.
    Free of charge of course.
    But I will need to see screenshots that hotel have canceled your booking...

or maybe anyone knows where I can post this info to help someone?

10. jellymunky

jellymunky New Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump!

11. rantc

rantc New Member

Manchester United
    Estonia
    Mar 21, 2018
    If i have 3 nights at hotel and they're gonna register my staying there and after nights there I'm using in the same city airbnb apartment for 2 nights before leaving from the Russia - do airbnb host have to register me again or its not necessary as I stay there only 2 nights not 3 (as the law say I have to register in 72hrs)?

12. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a heads up. I’ve been in Russia for 5 days. 2 different cities / Airbnb’s and registration has never came up. Don’t quote me on this but so far no issues and don’t think it’s necessary.

wixson7 repped this.
  13. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just checked into a hotel in Kazan and they asked for not just my passport, FanID, and immigration paper, they also asked for my previous registration papers. I got them at 2 of the 3 places I stayed, as I was at one for 2 days. They took them all away to register me again. I don't know what would have happened if I did not have those previous registration papers.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Kazan too about to head off to the match. I don't know only 1 place has asked for the previous registration papers no one else has. I think as long as you have a few you're probably okay.

15. RandyfromUS

RandyfromUS Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Texas

We are in Ekaterinburg now, our third apartment so far on this trip, and all of the landlords have required registration. Here, they would not let us check in without our registration from our previous apartment, which we all fortunately had available. Assuming you stay out of trouble, the biggest hassle on not getting the registration may be getting delayed by the bureaucratic process at check in.

16. DCU_USMNT

DCU_USMNT Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had no registration issues at customs when leaving Moscow. I was never given a registration form or receipt when I did register at a hotel. 2 of my friends never registered throughout the trip.

17. keksonline

keksonline New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    This memo might be of interest to those of you staying in Samara.

In English:
    15298240299648565667203873316309.jpg 1529824047168779836884356568063.jpg 15298240562182636607942047088117.jpg 15298240682336849443246276793639.jpg

In Russian:
    15298241011968564381052168684032.jpg 15298241167065435965757712067056.jpg 15298241246644177974110947938219.jpg 15298241364362031821591696328321.jpg

18. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just left Russia yesterday as I have work. However, I'm returning next week for the quarterfinals onwards.

When leaving, I had a handful of registration slips from various hostels and hotels. However, not from every place. The lady at passport control though simply had no interest in them whatsoever. Seriously, I tried to give them to her.. in fact, I even WANTED her to look at them as I was sort of proud of my achievement, I tried like 3 times I was like, "Mojna, mojna!". she kept saying, "Nyet, nyet - ni nada, ni nada" Anyway, I finally gave up and realized these registration slips would just be used as souvenirs or could even be used as gifts had they not had all of my passport data on them.

Anyhoo... the one document which you don't want to lose, which just happened to be the one that I did lose is the migration card you are given when you enter the country. :rolleyes: I realized it was gone the day before flying and after doing some research, found conflicting information about the consequences of this, some of which was fairly dire. So I emailed the last hostel I stayed in and they promptly sent me a scanned of copy of this they had kept and the host I was staying with kindly printed it out for me. I took this printed copy of the migration card to the airport with me, and they took it without any questions asked so I guess that worked!

Basically, I would strongly recommend taking a photo or something of your migration card so you have a digital copy, and maybe ask your next hotel to make you a printed copy of it so you have a backup. Anyway, I guess the lesson learned here is chill out and enjoy Russia... seems like their bark is a little harder then their bite when it comes to this stuff. I hope it goes smoothly for everyone else, and see ya'll again in 10 days.

Fedechat and Saul1980 repped this.
  19. Saul1980

Saul1980 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Mar 20, 2018
    Miami, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stayed at the Azimut Hotel in Nizhny Novgorod. Highly recommend it. TyC Sports and Fox Sports Argentina were staying there and it was awesome to see them do live feeds to the studios.

At the bar ask for my boy Egor. The best.

Donal and Fedechat repped this.
  20. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if I did not have them, there would have been no issue. maybe she asked out of curiosity, i don't know. I had them there on the counter when I was checking in because they are in my passport wallet along with my immigration paper (the one you really need to safeguard). I agree they are not required.

21. Asskimos

Asskimos New Member

Spartak Moscow
    Jun 26, 2018
    Sup guys!
    Does anyone need a room in Moscow? Not in the center, but fo free! I read stories in the Russian press about fans who can not find a hotel or apartment. So I want to help. For one night or longer. Please write me a massege: exkimos @ gmail.com

playedwinger repped this.
  22. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a brand new hostel in Volgograd that seems to have been thrown together specifically for the World Cup to be honest. They hosts didn't seem to know what they were doing (beds a mess, etc) so maybe that's why they asked.

23. Drew Smith

Drew Smith Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jun 3, 2018
    Can anyone recommend a hotel or what part of town to stay in St. Petersburg July 8-10

24. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018