Russia 2018: Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by KRCSoccer, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Dima39

Dima39 Member

Russia
    Dec 22, 2017
    If you stay in the apartment the owner will take for registration as much money as he greedy!!!

2. Dima39

Dima39 Member

Russia
    Dec 22, 2017
    Those who will stay with us at a party, we register for free.

3. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    What if I ask the owner to provide her information so I can fill out the document myself and take it to the police station? Is the owner obliged to provide me with this information, or she can just say "No" and I have to pay her however much she wants? I dont understand this part.

Because if the hosts are required to register guests, then she can give me her info, I will fill the paper myself and take it to police station and wait in the line for an hour. I would rather this than pay 40,000 RUB for 8 of us...

4. The owner must personally go to the police. If you are Nizhny Novgorod, I register for free.

5. daniisco

daniisco Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What is this talk about registration? I thought it as just FAN-ID then you're good to go but NO?

6. keksonline

keksonline New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    One more time: The main responsibility lies with the host. As a guest, you do not have to worry about anything, except to provide your passport, fan ID, and migration card for taking a copy. There are several reasons why she (the host) might charge a high premium: She is not the (legal/only) owner of the apartment and/or she is not registered at this address or she wants to avoid getting recognized as commercial host (tax purposes). If the host refuses to register you and the police/border control stops you, provide tickets, airbnb reservations, hotel reservations and so on to proof your itinerary. In best case you know the name and address of the host and can provide it to the police.

7. Arabian Legend

Arsenal
    Saudi Arabia
    May 4, 2018
    Where are people staying in Volgograd? Looking to stay from June 24-29 and booking through airbnb has been a nightmare!! Found a place in Volzhskiy but the commute is not ideal? Any suggestions? Thanks!

8. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    Thank you sir. The worst thing is that after you rent these private apartments they can slam any price they want for registration. I understand the person needs to fill out paperwork and go to police station and wait in line possibly. But for 40,000 RUB (8 of us)... its ridiculous.

9. xiaxue

xiaxue New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    May 25, 2018
    Try to exchange your points for a great value:

Marriott, Hilton and SPG are opening up their available rooms since some days for award booking. Instead of paying 1800 Euro for a night in Moscow at the Marriott, we were able to get it for only lousy 20,000 points.

Easy for US-based tourists as there the points game is more common than in Europe and other places of our world.

10. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ended up changing hotels in Sochi and moved to Adler. Happier to be closer to the ground and airport too.

Phil_MN repped this.
  11. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very sensible I think.

Simon Overall repped this.
  12. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Alger also. A friend of mine who volunteered at the Winter Olympics there recommended I do that, so I did. Looking forward to seeing Sochi.

13. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Made more sense in the end.

Can almost walk to the ground, saves a lot of time!

14. KarmaMan

KarmaMan Member

May 21, 2018
    Did anyone find a place in Samara?

15. Jenya

Jenya New Member

Melbourne Victory
    Australia
    Dec 24, 2017
    Melbourne Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Volzhskiy is actually another city across Volga river. Transport options not easy and take a lot of time.
    I would recommend to stay in our city along first avenue closest to river bank (highlited on the map). If you can afford options of course...
    [​IMG]

16. TomHoffman

TomHoffman New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 28, 2018
    Hi guys and girls, finally I and my friends have tickets for the match, and we would like to stop in Moscow from 14 to 19 June.
    Many frightened me that there were no places in hotels for a long time, and the prices there were from $ 1000, that there were only variants on Airbn, but there were not many of them, but I see many options for quite adequate money (for FIFA 2018 of course).
    What is the catch? Or is it just that new ads have appeared?
    I need 5 people apartment, below is link on Airbnb with filters:

https://goo.gl/ku55he

17. Well... since the ruble has taken a tumble against the dollar, stuff I booked 7 months ago is not 10% cheaper since I'm paying for it now....so that is good....

18. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    "Normally visitors have seven business days to register their stay in Russia.

However a special decree was signed on 12 May, 2018 which shortens this period to three calendar days during the World Cup, which is a requirement for all 11 cities hosting football matches.

The good news is the registry offices are open seven days a week, so disregard their normal business hours.

Those are special measures set and signed by the president of the Russian Federation and only affect the period from 25 of May to 25 July."

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage...ussia-how-register-your-stay-and-why-you-need

19. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    To be honest, I don't think the majority of people will bother.

Jenya repped this.
  20. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Maybe not, but IMO not worth the risk.

21. iyoo

iyoo New Member

Liverpool
    Chile
    Jun 1, 2018
  22. playedwinger

playedwinger Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    May 11, 2018
    Catch? More supply with many eager to host/earn money.
    Moscow has many flats, lol.
    Supply>demand (so far), hence low prices (yours have $24/day-amazing prices for a WC).

23. Jenya

Jenya New Member

Melbourne Victory
    Australia
    Dec 24, 2017
    Melbourne Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That's exactly right.
    Just ignore this - its phisically impossible to enforse this madness any way

24. Jenya

Jenya New Member

Melbourne Victory
    Australia
    Dec 24, 2017
    Melbourne Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. That is their policy, not mine.

I'm not registering.....unless the host does it for me of course