Russia 2018: Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by KRCSoccer, Jun 15, 2017.

1. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Gonna book another 3 just in case

2. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I felt there was a going to be problem when the first one cancelled and tried to charge me $2000 more

3. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In Brazil people were sleeping on the beach. You would think that hotel demand would go down by the final not up. Maybe it’s all the journalists booking rooms?

4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    More journalists will be around for the final. It is the most watched event in the world.

Also, many of the bigger stations will likely rent a compound for the whole duration of the tournament. I know that was the case for Brazil. Sure it's the same for Russia.

tudobem62014 repped this.
  5. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tell me more about this festival and Scarlet Sails. GF will be in St Pete for Brazil v CR and the weekend.

6. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    Oh ffs. Good luck getting another. I've 2 places booked in Moscow. Both very basic and cheap. None have cancelled thus far. Fingers crossed.

7. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friend of mine who lives there told me about it, but anything I can tell you about it I'd have to find on google which you can do as easily as I can.

Just google "white nights st petersburg" and "scarlet sails st petersburg" and you'll end up with more hits than you probably have time to read.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  8. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    White Nights is basically SPB's summer solstice celebration, as there will be about 24 hours of light on June 21. Scarlet Sails:

Nick Kharchenko, ceezmad and azevedof repped this.
  9. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see FIFA are winding down their hotel list to just 26 for the whole country now and just 2 hotels for anything in the first week and one of those is the Presidential suite at nearly $5,000 a night!

tudobem62014 repped this.
  10. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    4th Moscow Airbnb cancelled... but they gave me a $50 gift certificate without me even complaining lol

11. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    Apartment in Nizhny cancelled. They said they forgot to put a zero in their price lol. Told me they'd give me a discount to 15000 rubles per night instead of the 20,000 they "meant".

I told them to ******** off. Anyway I've still 3 more reservations in Nizhny.

tudobem62014 and Ric_Braz repped this.
  12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Even all the excuses are pathetic and half hearted.

13. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Surprised none of my AirBnBs haven't been cancelled yet. Then again, they were already expensive to begin with.

14. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Which dates are you looking for and how much do you want to spend?

15. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    Argentina vs Croatia. I have hotel iris booked for 2 people for 2 days so hopefully they don't cancel aswell

16. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sochi and Saint Petersburg. The two cities with stable housing for tourists.

17. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much is that taxi?

18. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'd keep in touch with them just in case.

leonidas repped this.
  19. milan24_2000

milan24_2000 Member

AC Milan
    Feb 24, 2018
    Auckland, NZ
    we are family of 3 with a 5 years old boy, we are staying in moscow from 12 to 21 June, any suggestion where to stay?

20. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Keep checking on Hilton, it was available 3 days ago for many days in June, I almost book with points for M52, but when I tried to confirm it yesterday it was not available anymore. I was able to find a Courtyard with points for M52.

PabloSanDiego and Donal repped this.
  21. maxbigs

maxbigs Member

Apr 28, 2014
    If anybody is looking for hotels in Moscow around the Final; Hilton Garden Inn has opened up some availability, even rooms with points!! Booked last 5 nights in Russia with points :)

LunaSol repped this.
  22. Sergey036

Sergey036 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Apr 20, 2018
    Всем привет! Готов сдать бесплатно комнату в Москве во время чемпионата мира по футболу на равное количество дней (или за доплату по договоренности) тем кто сдаст комнату бесплатно нам (2 мужчин) в Мюнхене с 4 мая 2018 по 6 мая 2018 и в Барселоне с 6 мая 2018 по 12 мая 2018 :)

Hello! I am ready to rent a room in Moscow during the World Cup for an equal number of days (or for a surcharge on agreement) to those who will rent a room free of charge to us (2 men) in Munich from May 4, 2018 to May 6, 2018 and in Barcelona from May 6, 2018 on May 12, 2018. Thank you and sorry for the bad translation. :)

Hallo alle zusammen! Ich bin bereit, ein Zimmer in Moskau während der WM für eine gleiche Anzahl von Tagen (oder gegen eine Gebühr nach Vereinbarung) an diejenigen zu vermieten, die ein Zimmer kostenlos für uns (2 Männer) in München vom 4. Mai 2018 bis 6. Mai 2018 und in Barcelona vom 6. Mai 2018 mieten am 12. Mai 2018. Danke und Entschuldigung für die schlechte Übersetzung. :)

Hola a todos! Estoy dispuesto a alquilar una habitación en Moscú durante la Copa del Mundo por igual número de días (o un recargo por acuerdo) a quienes nos alquilarán una habitación gratis (2 hombres) en Munich desde el 4 de mayo de 2018 hasta el 6 de mayo de 2018 y en Barcelona desde el 6 de mayo de 2018 el 12 de mayo de 2018. Gracias y disculpa por la mala traducción. :)

WhatsApp +7926O36O366

Nick Kharchenko repped this.
  23. teefy92

teefy92 Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 20, 2018
    Hi all new to the forum and saw on reddit people being directed on here for more info on tickets and stuff.

So I have final tickets which im pretty damn stoked about as well tickets to group games and so have to fly back out twice, which isn't too bad im not fussed about. Was just wondering if anyone is doing the same and if I should wait towards the end of the tournament to book a hotel for the final. I currently have a free cancellation one set on booking.com as a placeholder for the time being.

24. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    I saw it a couple of days ago but nothing for July 11, I was able to book July 12 ~ 17 (5 nights was required for those days) for 20K points per night and the 5th night was free (80K total).

Still available for a couple of days in June, even from June 29 to July 10. The hotel is located a couple of blocks (600meters) from the metro (red line), just one stop from the main train station and 5 stops for the red square and the same line will take you to the stadium ;).

25. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Pibe, get your hotels as soon as you can, specially for the finals, many hotels are sold out or blocked for those dates.

Becareful with Booking.com, some people are getting cancellations emails, specially on cheap rates hotels.