Russia 2018: Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by KRCSoccer, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    What's the situation with the ibis in Nizhny Novgorod? It hasn't been available to book over the last 6 months (not sure about earlier then that) and its now March and still nothing. You can book it for any months except all days in June and July. Has it been completely booked out by fifa or are just leaving it really late?

2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FIFA are not listing that hotel. I can only think there area lot of travel agents blocking out hotels as so many have never appeared on any website and there is no way that they can all be booked out for every room for every day. This has taken me aback and can only think that there will be this mad panic in May when they realize there are plenty of empty rooms and most fans have booked already. Well I hope so anyway.

Gistavo Amaral repped this.
  3. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Kaliningrad Ibis is booked by FIFA

If it's not available, probably will be used as a base for media, FIFA staff etc.
    Just my imagination

4. sart91

sart91 Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Feb 22, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Finally found rooms in Vizavi Hotel in Ekaterinburg. Had to send an email to Fifa Hotels and they sent rooms available that didn't show up on the site.

5. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Glad you got something but it is a pretty crap situation where fans almost have to ask permission of FIFA to let the have a room. It will be interesting to see what happens once their hold on Hotels stops after march 19th.

6. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Very odd situation with Booking.com last few days.

The hotel I had booked in Rostov had to cancel, but they did offer a direct alternative with no price increase.

A a day after confirming it they emailed again to offer a property at 440 euros more, then again to backflip and go back to the original idea.

7. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
  8. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No reviews or photos, but here it is
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...el_at_Naberezhnaya-Moscow_Central_Russia.html

Ric_Braz repped this.
  9. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
  10. Felipao~

Felipao~ Member

Apr 25, 2007
    I got a hotel on the Fifa website today, it's pricey, but we're 4 ppl.

It also says if you don't see anything that fits what you need to email enquiries@2018match.com because there are more hotel rooms that are not online. I suggest you do this sooner rather than better. I would say hotel is preferable especially if nobody in your group speaks russian.

sart91 repped this.
  11. Chiyakkutan

Chiyakkutan Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Hawai'i
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I guess the whole “wait til the 19th and watch rooms open up” theory didn’t pan out. [emoji30]
    Didn’t see any difference at all.

Fedechat repped this.
  12. sart91

sart91 Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Feb 22, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yeah, thanks. I did that and already got my accommodation in Ekaterinburg sorted out. It's crazy how long I was looking for something and they sent me a couple of good choices in 3 days.

13. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Got another Airbnb cancel in Moscow. Glad I booked 4 lol. Just have 2 left now. Thinking I should book two more just in case. Anyone else booking back ups?

14. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I've booked an apartment on booking.com that was advertised as having "free cancellation" up to approx. 60 days out from my stay and not requiring any payment to book. Great! or so I thought...

I got a message via booking.com from the owner about a day after booking saying they wanted me to send them an advance payment for the first night via Western Union (About US$260)

So obviously a few things worry me:
    - This clearly isn't the "official" process
    - This will essentially void my "free cancellation" option unless the owner is willing to refund my Western Union payment (which I doubt would happen)
    - The whole transaction occurs separate from booking.com, so I've not no protection if things go wrong
    - Sending money to a stranger over the internet is generally something sensible people avoid.

However, the place does seem legit (has listed a phone number, multiple legit sounding reviews over the last 12 months, listed address on google maps matches photos, etc.)

Has anyone else encountered something like this? Should I be concerned?

15. sart91

sart91 Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Feb 22, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Had a similar case with a hotel in Sochi. Hotel told us to transfer the full price via Western Union, we refused and agreed to transfer via Paypal. They sent us an invoice after that.

It's something to fully confirm the bookings. Just don't send via WU because there's no way back with that.

Chiyakkutan repped this.
  16. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So does PayPal offer more security than Western Union?

17. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    By any chance, did someone write to FIFA Hotels asking if they would override the minimum of nights requested for some dates? EG: you cant book in NiNo only for a match-day night. Its mandatory to book two nights, and is not really appealing.

18. Alex_rus

Alex_rus New Member

Manchester City
    Russia
    Mar 22, 2018
    Hello! I live in Yekaterinburg, Russia. If you have any questions about my city with pleasure I will help you, ask me. Souvenirs, restaurants, interesting places, not tourist routes, features of communication. Welcome!

Nick Kharchenko and themanlarry repped this.
  19. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marta Hamity repped this.
  20. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Is it please possible for someone who speaks Russian to DM me?

21. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Da

Stuckin1au and themanlarry repped this.
  22. lufcinsfo

lufcinsfo Member

leeds united
    Republic of Ireland
    Dec 12, 2017
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Got an email from one of my Moscow hotels via booking.com this morning saying that my reservation had been modified. I opened the email with trepidation only to discover that they had REDUCED the price by more than 16%.

23. Gistavo Amaral

Jun 28, 2014
    Recife
    Club:
    Nautico Recife
    Well, that's a first :ROFLMAO:

Stuckin1au repped this.
  24. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why would they?

25. lufcinsfo

lufcinsfo Member

leeds united
    Republic of Ireland
    Dec 12, 2017
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I have no idea. I have not had any contact with them since making the reservation back in September. The price wasn't outrageous anyway (it was about twice the rate for the weekend after the final) and the hotel shows as full on my dates at booking.com now.

The funny thing is that I'm probably going to cancel one or two of the nights in order to go to Suzdal.