Russia 2018: FanID Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by MarquedMan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Gustavo Fonseca

Jul 10, 2014
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    #176 Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    It was posted on Dec.25th and left Russia on Dec.29th.

upload_2018-2-6_15-30-52.png

2. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Fan ID received. Beautiful piece of art :)

azevedof repped this.
  3. Cold Inferno

Cold Inferno Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Australia
    This has confused me too, do you need the actual tickets before applying for your Fan ID? Or can I apply now that they've been requested? I attempted to use the Request ID I was given (next to Request Status) but it doesn't work :(. I It's just the 9 numbers yeh??

4. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Yes. It says this on both the ticketing website in bold and in the FAN-ID 'frequently asked questions', and in FIFA ticketing emails. The only time you would need to do this is if you are never having a ticket in your name (ie. buying one ticket off someone on the internet). Otherwise just wait till your tickets are confirmed and then apply for it.

Cold Inferno repped this.
  5. KRCSoccer

KRCSoccer Member

May 15, 2014
    Is there anyone who went to the CONFED CUP that got last minute tickets and if so how did you get your Fan ID? Did they email you a PDF to print out and bring with you?

6. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Didn't go to the Confed Cup but yes. Apparently, everyone got a .pdf in their email (there were many people who didn't receive their FAN ID in time) and then they went to a FAN ID station in Russia (or at the airport, I've seen in some videos) to pick it up the real one. The only difference is that with the email you can only enter three days before the first match of the tournament instead of ten.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What's with the bold font? :cautious:

8. KRCSoccer

KRCSoccer Member

May 15, 2014
    Not sure why it was bold, I was wondering the same thing myself.

9. KRCSoccer

KRCSoccer Member

May 15, 2014
    Thanks for the quick response. With the ticket transfer window not opening until 18 April it had me concerned.

themanlarry repped this.
  10. KRCSoccer

KRCSoccer Member

May 15, 2014
    "The only difference is that with the email you can only enter three days before the first match of the tournament instead of ten." So am I correct in assuming that the PDF Fan ID paperwork serves as the visa just as a normal Fan ID is supposed to?

11. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    For the purpose of getting into the country. Not sure about every little detail as this is just secondhand information from other posters who have posted this here. No doubt they will email us with all these details closer to the time.

12. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    How long did it take for FAN IDs to get delivered in Germany? Time from shipping to delivery only

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I think almost 3 weeks (20days).

14. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    When you say shipping - do you mean when it left Russia?

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

From when shipment started in Russia to delivery. No idea when it left Russia. Tracking of FanID is not the best.

16. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Mine still hasnt arrived after leaving Russia a month ago - I think the problem is the address details
    Will get them to send a replacement to the visa office.

17. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    Did you have it shipped to Germany? if so, was it sent to address or VFS?

18. flipper21

flipper21 Member

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 9, 2017
    Got mine. Took about three weeks. Hassle-free process. Surprised by how bad the quality of the picture is though. Like it's been printed on a normal quite bad printer.

19. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Finally - after leaving Russia on 11th Jan, Fan ID arrives in London a month later .
    Mistifying delay but it has got here.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  20. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    Is it the case with someone else too that your name is written with different letters in the machine readable lines?!

My name is Mahmoud and it’s written Mahmud without an o. Also middle name Abdelwahab is written Abdel9vahab with a 9v instead of a w!

21. Don't worry about it. It is fine. That is just machine format.

22. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    It’s just weird when the names are printed correctly elsewhere.. also the machine readable code is in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT format than my passport.. they will never be identical as required per FAN ID support service

23. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It'll never be identical. That's what happens when you take one alphabet and try to translate it and comply with machine-readable code. If it can get you in the country, it doesn't matter if it's a letter or two off.

Mahmoud Abdelhamid repped this.
  24. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    same for me.
    I was told not to worry.
    What matters is that the name on your Fan ID matches the readable lines of your passport.
    The readable lines of the fan ID are not important.

25. Mahmoud Abdelhamid

Al Ahly
    Egypt
    Nov 21, 2017
    I am really worrying cz I only filled first name and surname.. skipped my middle names :/