Russia 2018: FanID Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by MarquedMan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he has a FAN ID its because somebody gave him a Request ID. He will need to ask for the printout of the Fifa confirmation with that number, just in case that they actually ask him to show it. And he will need to lie, yes.

2. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    But, a visa from the EU is 100 USD. So same price as buying a low demand ticket...

3. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just present the Fan ID for the simple reason that you can buy a fifa ticket at the last minute sales which you have to print locally therefore if you’ve not entered the Russian Federation how do you print it. The Fan ID is a legal visa to enter Russia. Mostly likely you will even have to show when exiting your home country customs and passport control.

Rwalter repped this.
  4. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually the airline is the one who might ask you to present the FAN ID during the check in process

5. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    They will most likely ask for a Fan ID and a valid ticket.

But what about the people buying on stubhub etc. They will collect their ticket on game day in Russia?

6. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are being confusing now. An airline at your origin airport could ask for a visa/FAN ID, since they are responsible if you get to Russia without any documentation. (They will deport you at the airline's expense). The airline wont ask you for any ticket.

At Russia customs they will ask for the passport and the FAN ID a 100% for sure. Additionally they could ask for the actual tickets or a document that you are entitled to get tickets (meaning, FIFA email with tickets confirmation, or similar).

Stubhub usually ships the tickets to their customer so they will get to Russia with their tickets in hand.

7. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    No they won ask for a valid ticket. For instance I am going with friends from another country who have the tickets. Also some tickets have to be collected in Russia.

8. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Stubhub means nothing to FIFA or Russia it is not a legal source of tickets.

9. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    lol I never said it was cheaper just that it was an option. Find someone who has tickets to many games if you can and get their ticket ref.

10. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This fan id train thing is pissing me off. I am trying to book the train for me and my buddies. 3 of us have it accepted but the 4th just got his id and no matter how i type it in... it kicks it back. EEE###### any tips welcome!

11. flipper21

flipper21 Member

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 9, 2017
    THe last number make it one digit higher or lower can't remember which it should be. So if 8 try with 9 or 7 and see if it works. Think someone mentioned that the EEE id on the fan ID itself and online differs at the last digit.

12. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I used the number that I received when I applied for the FAN ID, not the actual number printed on the card. That worked for me.

13. Gistavo Amaral

Jun 28, 2014
    Recife
    Club:
    Nautico Recife
    Does anyone know if I can get the FAN Id at the airport?

14. Simon JF

Simon JF New Member

Arsenal
    Panama
    Feb 23, 2018
    You can get them at the distribution centers, here's more info https://www.fan-id.ru/centers.html

Gistavo Amaral repped this.
  15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But can you fly into the country with out a VISA and just the FIFA tickets? You have to be in Russia to go to the distribution centers right?

16. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    If your passport allows entry without a visa then yes (he was assuming the poster was Brazillian because of their profile location). They can enter Russia with their passport and no visa. It differs for everyone. But since you have to get the FAN-ID eventually it makes alot of sense to get it earlier if possible.

17. azevedof

azevedof Member

May 1, 2014
    Natal
    Club:
    America Natal
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Actually all South American countries, except Suriname, have NO visa requirements to Russia. So yes, picking up the FAN-ID in Russia is an option for us :)

18. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #343 Rwalter, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Four Fan IDs per 1, 2 or 3.?

1) Account (household)
    2) Per Ticket Request no.*
    3) Per ticket

*Indenpendently on number of guests

@hearts123 any new experience on this issue from your side?

19. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    No idea - I've heard both ticket and ticket request be used in conversation. Those words get thrown around ambiguously but I figured he didn't need more than a handful.

20. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    I got mine using an application number from a friend in another country. I was surprised how easy it was.

21. Chiyakkutan

Chiyakkutan Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Hawai'i
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Don’t think it’s been posted yet, but saw this one one of my Facebook groups. Super informative, this should walk everyone through the process and answer almost all questions.

This guys blogs are pretty great. Nice to see a local being so helpful to us visitors. [emoji1417]

https://russianblogger.me/fan-id-2018-world-cup/

22. lewy16

lewy16 New Member

Lechia
    Poland
    Jan 12, 2018
    I need application number to get 2 ID's for my friends. Anyone able to help?
    In exchange I can offer beer/vodka in Moscow between June 18-23. ;)

23. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Tracking my fan I'd. It left Russia on 1/3 but still nothing. Is this typical?

24. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. Chiyakkutan

Chiyakkutan Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Hawai'i
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes. Russia stops tracking it in detail once it leaves Russia. At that point, start tracking it with USPS. That gives you better details as well as the option of text/email alerts.

My visa arrives today. Which is a week later than my friends whom I applied for a day later than mine. So it really is random.