Russia 2018: FanID Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by MarquedMan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Can't edit but correct from what I understood.

2. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    So I should wait until I can Name change before Fan Id?? Sounds like thats what your saying.?

3. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    No need to wait. Give your friend your order number. He can request his FanID with that.

4. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    Ok thanks .Is the Ticket Request Id # on the email the # we use to Apply for Fan Id or Is it another number that Iam not seeing??

PJ

5. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    Anyone Have a Good App to Get a Good White Background for the Fan Id Photo upload??

Thanks Much appreciated

6. Chiyakkutan

Chiyakkutan Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Hawai'i
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I tried a few times standing in front of a white wall.
    Didn’t work. Ended up just going to Costco
    And got passport photos. Quick and easy.

7. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    My daughter used Photo Eraser to do ours.

8. lufcinsfo

lufcinsfo Member

leeds united
    Republic of Ireland
    Dec 12, 2017
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The ticket and the FAN ID are separate. Your friend can apply for the FAN ID today using the same ticket reference number you used. The Russian authorities care very much that the name on the FAN ID matches the name on your passport because the FAN ID is a visa. They do not check whether the name on the FAN ID application matches any of the names on the ticket application. Sometime in the future (next month?), FIFA will allow you to change the name of your guest and the guest's name will appear on the ticket when it is printed.

9. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol I used iPhone photo and just painted white around my head

Gistavo Amaral repped this.
  10. Jtunes1978

Jtunes1978 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Feb 22, 2018
    As I understand it, the main ticket holder can change names of their guests beginning in late March. I am in this situation where my two friends have their tix (1 main, one as guest). If I fail again at FCFS, main ticket holder friend is going to slot me in as his guest for one of the games so I can apply and secure a FAN ID then hope for the best in buying on secondary market, onsite or from a generous soul here on Big Soccer.

11. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    What do I put for Region and District in mailing box for Fan ID. I live in New York. I guess I should ask if They will mail here to begin with lol
    Thanks . Much appreciated

PJ

12. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Of course they'll send to the US. Just add - or something if needed. Make it as best you can.

13. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Region I put state (for u NY)
    District I put my county (USA mailing system doesn't use it... but it shouldn't interfere with the mailing; the post office in USA just sorts by zip code anyways... i did that for the confed cup)

I didn't have an apartment so I just put something like "A"

I don't think my mail person will get confused

14. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    Is it a Fedex letter they send it in. ? A need to sign for the Fan Id??

15. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    I didnt Put a + 1 for my Phone number so I didnt get a text saying application is ok. However I did get the email Stating that my Application is Registered with a registration # . So Should I worry or not lol??

PJ

16. anson1023

anson1023 New Member

Shanghai Shenhua
    China
    Feb 21, 2018
    My Fan ID has been approved since 21 Feb. it’s has been over 15 days, the delivery status still showing not processed .

Is that normal? Should I be worried about it ?

17. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    I Didnt add a + 1 to my cell Phone on the Application page but I did get The Email that it is Registered and all that. Should I worry that I didnt enter my cell properly or You think the Email is Suffice. ?

18. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Fifteen days? When signing up in October my status didn't change until January. Just chill. There is no use for it until you leave for Russia and you are one of hundreds of thousands they have to deal with.

19. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Hi, is there a maximum of applicant that can get a FAN ID per. ticket request number? Half of our group did not get tickets. But we want try and get our tickets once in Russia. Could all (7 persons), apply using the FAN ID from the succesfull application?

20. CalK

CalK New Member

Arsenal
    Dec 31, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I wish! One of our FanIDs arrived on Feb 26th but the second hasn’t managed to make it from Montreal to Calgary in over a month. And the tracking number means nothing to Canada Post. I’m following up with the FanID Support Team.

21. Fataliste

Fataliste Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Fez
    There are new free trains added, you can cancel the old one and book a new one.

22. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    no.

tudobem62014 repped this.
  23. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Last year for confed cup it was just a small padded white envelope. Can't tell really what service / company they used because it's all in Cyrillic.

24. Chiyakkutan

Chiyakkutan Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Hawai'i
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I did that, then realized the dates must be wrong. Just emailed their customer support for confirmation. In the meantime, hurry and re-booked the original tickets I had canceled. Now
    I have two bookings until I get confirmation.
    Match I’m going to is on June 19, the newly added train I just booked says July 1. There aren’t any games around then in that town tho.

IMG_3403.JPG

25. They didn't actually add trains, they just (on purpose or by mistake) allow ALL trains for that city...so if you select 'After the Match' you will get all trains after the match, not just the one immediately after.